Trump orders American troops to retreat

Reflect ol' Lonelaugher and ye shall see the errors of your ways . You have no foundation for your dislike , order another Latte Grande and ask your fellow "Starbuckians" how to formulate a logical reason for your erroneous attitude you have for the best leader since Washington .

Whoa! You're funny! I'd better watch out or you might make me cry.

The best part about this thread is that there are actually people who believe that Trump knows what he did.

The fucker is ignorant. Why can't you people see that?

Maybe you don't have anyone that's active duty military? You can whine when you don't have any skin in the game.
Trump told Erdogan not to fuck with the Kurds or he'd be sorry. If you google the Turkey-Syria-Iraq area and look where the Kurds are, they are pretty much everywhere, and have been for generations. Saddam tried to gas them to extinction. They are still there and he is gone. The Kurds are great fighters, they needed to be to survive. The US will protect them, but not with troops. Trump promised to defeat ISIS and bring ALL the troops home, another "promise-kept".

Kurdistan Map | The Kurdish Project
upload_2019-10-7_21-25-49.png

Last edited:
THREAD SUMMARY:

Anti-war leftists are mad that Trump wants to end one portion of a war, and insist the war must be continued.

If Trump tweeted that oxygen was a good thing, these morons would put plastic bags over the heads.

What do you think of his actual idea and now action of pulling troops?

Bring the troops home.
Thanks for sharing. Do you have any idea what the situation is out there or are you just speaking in platitudes?

I know that we cannot fix the Middle East. And that we are pouring our blood and treasure into the sand, with no real goal or endgame in sight.
so that’s a no?
Read up on the Kurds and what we did with them in order to take out ISIS. Look at the promises we made them and what they did to their forts along the Turkish border. Let me know what you find

Would that include what we did to them, or are you just looking for what we did for them?
just looking for an accurate account of the situation... wanna lay it out for us?

Bring the troops home.
Thanks for sharing. Do you have any idea what the situation is out there or are you just speaking in platitudes?
I presume you’re stationed at the moment with Kurdish troops.
Nope. I’m nice and cozy here in the USA. bless the guys who are out there keeping us safe
Which nullifies your response to Correll.
why?

Bring the troops home.

I know that we cannot fix the Middle East. And that we are pouring our blood and treasure into the sand, with no real goal or endgame in sight.
so that’s a no?
Read up on the Kurds and what we did with them in order to take out ISIS. Look at the promises we made them and what they did to their forts along the Turkish border. Let me know what you find

Why? DOes it in some way, refute my points above?
well that goes back to my original question asking whether you are speaking In platitudes or if you have knowledge about and are speaking to this specific situation

Bring the troops home.

so that’s a no?

Would that include what we did to them, or are you just looking for what we did for them?
just looking for an accurate account of the situation... wanna lay it out for us?

Inquiring minds know how to use google.

so that’s a no?

excellent. Let me know what you dig up

so that’s a no?

excellent. Let me know what you dig up

No surprise there.

Bring the troops home.

so that’s a no?

Why? DOes it in some way, refute my points above?
well that goes back to my original question asking whether you are speaking In platitudes or if you have knowledge about and are speaking to this specific situation

My knowledge of the situation is that we cannot fix the Middle East. They are, for the foreseeable future, going to be a fucking mess.

Do you have information to challenge that point?

Uh-oh. Double uh-oh! Now there is a second whistleblower, this one with first-hand knowledge of events.

So, what does Trump do? What he always does. He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election -- with another moronic decision. Why? To change the subject, of course. In this case, ordering the retreat of American troops in Syria, enabling the Turks to annihilate our allies, the Kurds, in northern Syria. Turkey regards the Kurds as terrorists, and Kurdish rebellions against the Turks go back two centuries.

It is important to know that it was the Kurds, along with the Syrian rebels, who did the fighting and destroyed the ISIS caliphate in Syria. The Kurds were the effective fighting force that eliminated the ISIS caliphate in Iraq. The Iraqi army contributed.

Now Trump orders the abandonment of that ally. Betrayed by Trump and forced to fight a potentially bloody conflict with Turkey, the Kurdish-led forces will likely abandon any further effort to control ISIS. The U.S. troops in Syria will then be forced to withdraw entirely, which would be a major victory for Russia and open the way for Iran to entrench its forces along Israel’s northern border. U.S. allies around the world meanwhile will have reason to question whether they should cooperate with the Trump government that so casually abandons military partners.

It goes to the depravity of our military's leadership under the non-military Trump that Joint Chief Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper were not surprised by Trump's decision.

The militarily ignorant Trump intends to replace American troops with rhetoric. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),Trump tweeted.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom." One of two things are true. Trump has become a stand-up comic or he is losing his mind. In any case, he is not the least bit funny.

However, not to worry. This is a con. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Syria envoy Brett McGurk resigned from their positions in December over Trump’s call for a complete U.S. withdrawal, which Trump later reversed because of the heat he received from Republicans. The same thing is happening all over again. Even Mitch McConnell and Fox and Friends joined the chorus of abuse heaped upon our Commander-in-Chief (please don't laugh). When the Framers gave command of the military to the President they never dreamed that Americans would chose an incompetent idiot like Trump.

Trump will take this Republican abuse for a day or two, then he will change his mind and blame the decision on someone else. After all, the cowardly decision was only meant as a diversion from the impeachment drama.

I have no idea why over 60 million Americans support Trump. I wonder if they know why. They don't support him very well. Trump's detractors walk all over Trump, and his fans say very little.

This source contributed to this report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c9880a-e91e-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html
Uh-oh. Double uh-oh! Now there is a second whistleblower, this one with first-hand knowledge of events.

So, what does Trump do? What he always does. He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election -- with another moronic decision. Why? To change the subject, of course. In this case, ordering the retreat of American troops in Syria, enabling the Turks to annihilate our allies, the Kurds, in northern Syria. Turkey regards the Kurds as terrorists, and Kurdish rebellions against the Turks go back two centuries.

It is important to know that it was the Kurds, along with the Syrian rebels, who did the fighting and destroyed the ISIS caliphate in Syria. The Kurds were the effective fighting force that eliminated the ISIS caliphate in Iraq. The Iraqi army contributed.

Now Trump orders the abandonment of that ally. Betrayed by Trump and forced to fight a potentially bloody conflict with Turkey, the Kurdish-led forces will likely abandon any further effort to control ISIS. The U.S. troops in Syria will then be forced to withdraw entirely, which would be a major victory for Russia and open the way for Iran to entrench its forces along Israel’s northern border. U.S. allies around the world meanwhile will have reason to question whether they should cooperate with the Trump government that so casually abandons military partners.

It goes to the depravity of our military's leadership under the non-military Trump that Joint Chief Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper were not surprised by Trump's decision.

The militarily ignorant Trump intends to replace American troops with rhetoric. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),Trump tweeted.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom." One of two things are true. Trump has become a stand-up comic or he is losing his mind. In any case, he is not the least bit funny.

However, not to worry. This is a con. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Syria envoy Brett McGurk resigned from their positions in December over Trump’s call for a complete U.S. withdrawal, which Trump later reversed because of the heat he received from Republicans. The same thing is happening all over again. Even Mitch McConnell and Fox and Friends joined the chorus of abuse heaped upon our Commander-in-Chief (please don't laugh). When the Framers gave command of the military to the President they never dreamed that Americans would chose an incompetent idiot like Trump.

Trump will take this Republican abuse for a day or two, then he will change his mind and blame the decision on someone else. After all, the cowardly decision was only meant as a diversion from the impeachment drama.

I have no idea why over 60 million Americans support Trump. I wonder if they know why. They don't support him very well. Trump's detractors walk all over Trump, and his fans say very little.

This source contributed to this report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c9880a-e91e-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

Good job Mr Trump, finally a good decision. We have no place in Syria, there is no winning side that is good for America.

Quit send our troops to their deaths for no good reason.

Lemmings suck.

Bring the troops home.
I presume you’re stationed at the moment with Kurdish troops.
Nope. I’m nice and cozy here in the USA. bless the guys who are out there keeping us safe
Which nullifies your response to Correll.
why?
Your logic...
Since none of us are anywhere near the things we comment on, we have no right to comment on anything.

Good job Mr Trump, finally a good decision. We have no place in Syria, there is no winning side that is good for America.

Agreed. My only complaint is, this should have happened two years ago.

I agree. Though it looks as though Trump has already changed his mind.

I agree. Though it looks as though Trump has already changed his mind.

He does respond to political pressure.

I'm new here and I'm guessing you don't appreciate President Trump . That's fine with me but I kinda like having a leader that's up front with his ideas and doesn't bullshit the baker - but that's only me being me .
He campaigned on bringing them home. He had tried earlier and buckled under pressure to keep them in these shitholes.
For the OP to PRETEND this is a diversion tactic it just dumb.

You opinion is not their opinion. Losing a son or limb for the Middle East is stupid. Defending our Southern Border is critical. See the difference? No? Then you really don't understand Trump supporters or what is important!

Forum List

Back