Trump opened his mouth, pretty hard for him to take millions off of

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Medicaid now that he is willing to care for Charlie Gard, a 10 month old brain dead child on a ventilator who has a terminal prognosis, in that he is not probably going to get better, but he will be in a clinical trial which will advance medical research.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ha ha you right wingers, you are going to pay for little Charlie. Personally I think the parents are self serving to see their child suffering like that , but he is brain dead, he is not aware.

Trump no longer has a leg to stand on.

Little Charlie's parents have 1.3 million (and growing) to care for him

Get informed and THEN you won't look like a fucking dumbass

No shit!

ETA: I beleive that 1.3 million is in British pounds. Don't know the exchange rate rght now but I think its 1 pound is around 2 dollars US

Last edited:

And that 1.3 million is from voluntary donations, not from taxing the otherwise unwilling.

If the babe is part of clinical trials, doesn't that mean his care will be taken care of?
A lot of folks get paid to be involved in clinical trials

Another reason to hate the post, how do they know the kids death is inevitable?

Opinion | The dying child who became an ideological football

It’s easy to see how Charlie’s story resonated, with his father’s anguished cry, “Our parental rights have been stripped away.” In such unimaginable circumstances, I believe I would let my child go gently. That is what the guardian appointed to represent Charlie concluded, too. But his parents made a different choice. Surely, they love their child no less than I love mine; maybe they are just fiercer fighters.

So I find myself ready to argue that these outsiders, the doctors and lawyers, should butt out. Then I start to worry about pain, and the court’s finding that “it is likely he is suffering it and at more than a low level.” As I said, these are challenging questions. It is wrong to understand Charlie’s case as a cartoonish conflict between loving parents on one side and an overbearing bureaucratic state and its heartless doctors on the other.

And speaking of cartoonish conflict, conservative commentary about Charlie’s case seems determined to turn it into something it is not: The courts have not sentenced Charlie to death — an accident of genetics did. They did not deem his life not worth living — they recognized the reality that his death is inevitable.

I just read that. Apparently there's a gofundme account of 1.7 million bucks.
Those poor parents. I just can't imagine the fear and heartbreak.

And that 1.3 million is from voluntary donations, not from taxing the otherwise unwilling.

That is a drop in the basket to what its going to cost. A drop in the bucket. Round the clock nursing care.

Medicaid now that he is willing to care for Charlie Gard, a 10 month old brain dead child on a ventilator who has a terminal prognosis, in that he is not probably going to get better, but he will be in a clinical trial which will advance medical research.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ha ha you right wingers, you are going to pay for little Charlie. Personally I think the parents are self serving to see their child suffering like that , but he is brain dead, he is not aware.

Trump no longer has a leg to stand on.

The state has taken away their parental rights, they have no say in what happens to him.

Also .. Medicaid is unsustainable and far from it's original intent.

Medicaid: A Review of the Program after 50 Years - AAF

Last edited:

It’s easy to see how Charlie’s story resonated, with his father’s anguished cry, “Our parental rights have been stripped away.” In such unimaginable circumstances, I believe I would let my child go gently. That is what the guardian appointed to represent Charlie concluded, too. But his parents made a different choice. Surely, they love their child no less than I love mine; maybe they are just fiercer fighters.

So I find myself ready to argue that these outsiders, the doctors and lawyers, should butt out. Then I start to worry about pain, and the court’s finding that “it is likely he is suffering it and at more than a low level.” As I said, these are challenging questions. It is wrong to understand Charlie’s case as a cartoonish conflict between loving parents on one side and an overbearing bureaucratic state and its heartless doctors on the other.

And speaking of cartoonish conflict, conservative commentary about Charlie’s case seems determined to turn it into something it is not: The courts have not sentenced Charlie to death — an accident of genetics did. They did not deem his life not worth living — they recognized the reality that his death is inevitable.

Did you read about the child in the US who is getting the treatment. He barely is alert, round the clock care. The GOP wants to take healthcare away from millions for a tax cut and T called it good. T should pay whatever the little guy needs. He has good care in the UK. He is a guinea pig. They are not even citizens and he is getting them here to get medical care. They will have to move here.

Then again they are white.

None of you RWN's want to pay for his care, bitch and moan about the ACA and Medicaid expansion. This is what you RWN"s want, why is he special. Not even citizens of the US!!

Hypocrites.

You are a disgusting bitch

Now tell me how you feel about Medicaid , expanded Medicaid and the ACA??? I want to know.

Before you call me a bitch, I am pro the PPACA and expanded Medicaid.

Did you read about the child in the US who is getting the treatment. He barely is alert, round the clock care. The GOP wants to take healthcare away from millions for a tax cut and T called it good. T should pay whatever the little guy needs. He has good care in the UK. He is a guinea pig. They are not even citizens and he is getting them here to get medical care. They will have to move here.

Then again they are white.

Got s link.to that other kid?

None of you RWN's want to pay for his care, bitch and moan about the ACA and Medicaid expansion. This is what you RWN"s want, why is he special. Not even citizens of the US!!

Hypocrites.

He is special because he is a human being.
I don't necessarily believe his healthcare costs should fall to us, but I don't understand gleeful ghouls such as yourself either.

Forum List

Back