Trump may support 25 cents a gallon hike in gas tax

Our electric infrastructure improvement no doubt. But the ISO's and RTO's are responsible for that. Correct?
`
To be honest, I thought about that when I posted, which is why I used the word "discuss". While trumps real aim to to privatize everything, I still believe in strong legal government oversight.
`
The proposal would also shift some infrastructure financing to user fees. Federal restrictions on tolling would be largely repealed, allowing states both to toll existing interstates and to spend that money on a wider array of highway projects. The plan would also make it easier for smaller hub airports to impose "passenger facility charges" on travelers, opening up a new stream of user fees to pay for maintaining and expanding aviation infrastructure.

From the article. Also quicker approval, less restrictions.

The proposal would also shift some infrastructure financing to user fees. Federal restrictions on tolling would be largely repealed, allowing states both to toll existing interstates and to spend that money on a wider array of highway projects. The plan would also make it easier for smaller hub airports to impose "passenger facility charges" on travelers, opening up a new stream of user fees to pay for maintaining and expanding aviation infrastructure.
`
Consider this. A gas tax, national/interstate run toll roads, is going to make cross state and cross country travel by internal combustion engines, a lot more expensive. Just another reason to own an electric vehicle.

Raising the gas tax would be a foolish move but that is what big government libs and anti-liberty posters would obviously like to see happen.

Yep..they are THAT stupid.
Your post is that stupid. What liberals are rightly pointing out is that Trump’s base is a bunch of hypocrites. They would absolutely have slammed Obama if he floated such an idea. And it’s not just this. It’s immigration: not a peep about his proposed plan for amnesty. Not a peep about him going back on promises made during the campaign: ie, Mexico will pay for the wall, everyone will be insured because we have a beautiful plan for them. Not a peep about Trump vilifying the law enforcement and intelligence communities. Not a peep about Trump playing down Russian interference in the 2016 election that the intelligence community overwhelmingly concluded did happen despite Trump’s claims otherwise

To be honest, I thought about that when I posted, which is why I used the word "discuss". While trumps real aim to to privatize everything, I still believe in strong legal government oversight on utilities, et al.
`

I doubt Trump wants to privatize everything. But the word is loaded with too much baggage. Trying to make electricity a traded commodity for private investors was one of the dumbest things ever. Republicans liked it because of ideology but it was a mistake. Not an apocalyptic mistake but still it was the wrong direction.
That doesn't imply government control is the only alternative though. Nor does the Federal government own electricity for it (or Trump) to say what should be done with it. Devolving responsibility will, I am sure, be called "privatizing" by the marxists but as I said the word can be abused.
Yes the electric grid does need investment. But let the users do it. If you are interested in good government rather than ideology I'd like your opinion on this article. No gouging...no profit...just efficient electricity without government pork. Nebraska has a "privatized" electric system owned by the people rather than than the government.

Community-Owned Energy: How Nebraska Became the Only State to Bring Everyone Power From a Public Grid

And for a bonus here's an article about a water district whose people decided they would rather do without water than pay for it (since we are discussing utilities).

Taps may run dry in Fresno County town after residents vote down rate increase

Wait till 2018 Nov. He has not kicked ass, he won by the hair of his chin and lost the maj vote. That is not kicking ass.

Yeah yeah waiting. For Trump to lose...be impeached...fail with his nominations to courts and education departments..be removed..be indicted...electoral college to reject...
You say Nov 2018 though? We have a date for his demise now? Let me guess...women with pussy hats will run him right out of town?

Our electric infrastructure improvement no doubt. But the ISO's and RTO's are responsible for that. Correct?
`
To be honest, I thought about that when I posted, which is why I used the word "discuss". While trumps real aim to to privatize everything, I still believe in strong legal government oversight.
`

You see what I mean windparadox? If the Federal government doesn't control it Marxists consider it "privatized".

We have an almost 10% sales tax though.

Income taxes ensure that the rich dont have to face working people joining their ranks. The harder you work the greater the burden of taxes. God help you if you have a tax bill arrears and try to work extra hours to pay it off...digging a deeper hole for yourself.
My daughter got her first job last November. She is meticulous about keeping her hours recorded. She came to me this week saying she was short what she should have in her direct deposit account. We downloaded her stubs and I showed her the medicare/social security/state income tax/federal income tax deductions which accounted for her shortfall. She was comically outraged...but another conservative is created.

Forum List

Back