Trump may support 25 cents a gallon hike in gas tax

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Whoa! This might cause another painful flip flop on the part of Trump cult members, in order for them to maintain their undying, unquestioning, unequivocal support for and agreement with the Dear Leader:

Trump backs 25-cent-a-gallon gasoline tax hike: senator

"...Senator Tom Carper, who attended the meeting, confirmed a report by online publication Axios that the Republican president had backed the increase. The 18.4-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline has not been hiked since 1993. The federal diesel tax is 24.4 cents a gallon...."

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement. “The president even offered to help provide the leadership necessary so that we could do something that has proven difficult in the past.”

If its true..
Our state just had our gas tax raised. We are still pretty low compared to others. They tried to offset it with less grocery tax and what not. Solely to pay for infrastructure.
25 cents is a pretty big hike

sounds reasonable to me------BTW---my very crippled hubby DEPENDS on his specially
fitted car------I have a disability that renders me unable to drive----so I depend on him and
his car too-------I am willing to suffer the hardship. Pleasure drives are already OUT

If its true..
Our state just had our gas tax raised. We are still pretty low compared to others. They tried to offset it with less grocery tax and what not. Solely to pay for infrastructure.

What state and by how much. You pay a grocery tax? I'm sure our state will have to raise all taxes, not income taxes though. They plan on lowering income tax. Hurts the people on fixed incomes and disabled.

If he does that, will you then like him?

Of course not. This is more of the trump-isnt-a-christian-and-spends-too-much effort to peel his base away by people who arent Christians and spend too much.

If its true..

What state and by how much. You pay a grocery tax? I'm sure our state will have to raise all taxes, not income taxes though. They plan on lowering income tax. Hurts the people on fixed incomes and disabled.
TN
6 cents over 3 years being the total state tax to like 27 cents or so.
Yes, we do. We dont have income taxes, thank goodness. That shit is for the birds.
We have an almost 10% sales tax though.

If its true..

TN
6 cents over 3 years being the total state tax to like 27 cents or so.
Yes, we do. We dont have income taxes, thank goodness. That shit is for the birds.
We have an almost 10% sales tax though.

That is not much. Worth it but then add in the 25 cent tax, and if they raise the cost of gas (the corps) . We have 6% sales tax and 4.25 income tax (not progressive) . MI.

Whoa! This might cause another painful flip flop on the part of Trump cult members, in order for them to maintain their undying, unquestioning, unequivocal support for and agreement with the Dear Leader:

"...Senator Tom Carper, who attended the meeting, confirmed a report by online publication Axios that the Republican president had backed the increase. The 18.4-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline has not been hiked since 1993. The federal diesel tax is 24.4 cents a gallon...."

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement. “The president even offered to help provide the leadership necessary so that we could do something that has proven difficult in the past.”

This wont cause anything. It is impossible to peel Trumps base from him. And the reason you keep losing is that you do not understand why. It isnt tax based or ideologically based. As a liberal your mental illness precludes you from learning but if you would bother to try you would understand the world better. You would still lose...but you would better understand why :)

And your post is a lie. Allow me to translate it better.

"Democrats insist on huge gas tax hikes to allow any infrastructure bill to proceed otherwise they will block it. Trump surprised them in a preliminary meeting by saying "everything is on the table for negotiation".

Now let me predict democrat talking points..which filter down to the sheep at USMB.

" We wanted a huge tax and Trump didn't oppose us immediately so you Trump supporters should vote for us because he is not stopping our tax hikes!"

LOL. Yep..they are THAT stupid.

This wont cause anything. It is impossible to peel Trumps base from him. And the reason you keep losing is that you do not understand why. It isnt tax based or ideologically based. As a liberal your mental illness precludes you from learning but if you would bother to try you would understand the world better. You would still lose...but you would better understand why :)

"Democrats insist on huge gas tax hikes to allow any infrastructure bill to proceed otherwise they will block it. Trump surprised them in a preliminary meeting by saying "everything is on the table for negotiation".

Now let me predict democrat talking points..which filter down to the sheep at USMB.

" We wanted a huge tax and Trump didn't oppose us immediately so you Trump supporters should vote for us because he is not stopping our tax hikes!"

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement

can you prove Carper is lying?

Trump wants to use $200 billion in federal funds to try to stimulate $1.5 trillion in infrastructure improvements over 10 years but would cut an equivalent amount in projected infrastructure spending from the federal budget as it shifted more costs to states and cities.

All taxes will have to go up. I read he is going to privatize the infrastructure which they say will cost a lot more.

`
So long as infrastructure improvements also includes power distribution and transmission lines crisscrossing the country, (the electric grid) it's worth discussing.
`

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement

can you prove Carper is lying?

So he cut Federal Taxes but has pushed infrastructure costs down on to the states who will have to privatize or tax...

And to answer the OP original question... These are Trump Supporters they would take a $2 increase, it is for their God...

Questions of the Trump will not be tolerated...

All taxes will have to go up. I read he is going to privatize the infrastructure which they say will cost a lot more.

LOL. Probably the Russians.

Either way Trump has kicked your ass. You have to accept whatever he does.

`
So long as infrastructure improvements also includes power distribution and transmission lines crisscrossing the country, (the electric grid) it's worth discussing.
`

Our electric infrastructure improvement no doubt. But the ISO's and RTO's are responsible for that. Correct?

Our electric infrastructure improvement no doubt. But the ISO's and RTO's are responsible for that. Correct?
`
To be honest, I thought about that when I posted, which is why I used the word "discuss". While trumps real aim to to privatize everything, I still believe in strong legal government oversight on utilities, et al.
`

LOL. Probably the Russians.

Either way Trump has kicked your ass. You have to accept whatever he does.
Wait till 2018 Nov. He has not kicked ass, he won by the hair of his chin and lost the maj vote. That is not kicking ass.

Forum List

Back