Trump Lifts Trophy hunt import ban

Trying to control animal populations is as dumb as trying to control the climate.

Really? We brought the Bald Eagle back from near extinction. We did the same with alligators.

Letting some guy kill a past its prime member of the herd for hundreds of thousands of dollars allows them to keep the rest of the herd protected.

In Joe's world he wishes he was a fucking dictator and makes people live his way OR ELSE.

It all boils down to envy for you, you hate anyone with more than you because of your own sad, pathetic life.

Again, you are the one who is SOOOOOO concerned that rich people are able to slaughter animals for fun. I mean, it would be funny, it's the kind of Right Wing Stockholm battered wife syndrome that amuses me.

We could also just tax the rich assholes and then protect the herd that way.. that works.

That's here. Africa is different.

I am not that concerned, it's just I don't care if other people have fun different than I have fun.

Again with the envy from you, you poor tired little man.

Can they have fun shooting people then?

Animals are not people.

People are people.

Show me a dolphin that has built a bridge or an elephant that has tamed fire and you may have a point.

When they start worrying about and doing something about the next global extinction asteroid that's inevitably on it's way, then we can talk.

Trying to control animal populations is as dumb as trying to control the climate.

Really? We brought the Bald Eagle back from near extinction. We did the same with alligators.

Letting some guy kill a past its prime member of the herd for hundreds of thousands of dollars allows them to keep the rest of the herd protected.

In Joe's world he wishes he was a fucking dictator and makes people live his way OR ELSE.

It all boils down to envy for you, you hate anyone with more than you because of your own sad, pathetic life.

Again, you are the one who is SOOOOOO concerned that rich people are able to slaughter animals for fun. I mean, it would be funny, it's the kind of Right Wing Stockholm battered wife syndrome that amuses me.

We could also just tax the rich assholes and then protect the herd that way.. that works.

I am not that concerned, it's just I don't care if other people have fun different than I have fun.

Animals are not people.

People are people.

Show me a dolphin that has built a bridge or an elephant that has tamed fire and you may have a point.

When they start worrying about and doing something about the next global extinction asteroid that's inevitably on it's way, then we can talk.
I disagree when comes to killing solely for fun.

Animals are not people.

People are people.

The hunting urge is hard wired into humans, some people go with it, some don't. Some can afford to pay huge sums of money to off big game, some can only afford going after deer. Some hunters see the meat as the prime goal, some see it as a side benefit.

Nature kills these animals far more capriciously and callously than any human save a incipient serial killer ever will.

by letting these yaboos cull a few animals selected by the conservationists for gobs of money, they assure the continuation of the species they are protecting.

What would you rather be, upset in a world with Rhinos still in it, or happy in a world where they have been poached out of existence?

The Liberal outrage against trophy hunting is as usual, misguided and ill-informed. Without trophy hunting in Africa, all you would have is poaching with little resources to fight back. With trophy hunting you have millions of dollars being put into Wildlife conservancy through donations and the permit fees. The meat from the trophy hunt is usually donated to local tribes who dearly need the meat.

Wrong. With wildlife tourism, each animal gets "used" over and over. It gets killed only once. Waste of natural resources.

The Liberal outrage against trophy hunting is as usual, misguided and ill-informed. Without trophy hunting in Africa, all you would have is poaching with little resources to fight back. With trophy hunting you have millions of dollars being put into Wildlife conservancy through donations and the permit fees. The meat from the trophy hunt is usually donated to local tribes who dearly need the meat.

And by culling the older non-breeding animals you allow the younger ones more space, more food and more opportunity to breed.

To me I think the biggest thing people against this forget is that in the wild a natural death is usually not pleasant. Animals don't just doze off and die in their sleep. They either slow down enough for predators and/or scavengers to take them out, or they become unable to move and slowly starve or die of thirst, unless some scavengers or predators come along and then they die from option 1.

That's the opposite of "trophy hunting". When was the last time you saw a write up about a hunter killing old or sick animals? FACT is, trophy hunters want the youngest, biggest and so on. That's the whole point of trophy hunting - the dead animal makes up for the lack of balls on the "hunter".

"Hunter" in quotes because there's usually very little "hunting" involved.

Gotta congratulate you on your idea that since dying in nature is unpleasant, we should just shoot them. That's about as lame as it gets.

In Africa you have poaching with little resources to fight back.

Trophy hunting doesn't change this. The money ends up in the pockets of corrupt officials and nothing more. No more money gets spent on dealing with poaching because there are trophy hunters.

Trophy hunting in Africa: 'Hunt operators are conservationists first, and hunters second'

"The benefits hunters cite are disputed. The League Against Cruel Sports say less than 5% of tour fees go to the government for wildlife conservation. And trophy hunting does damage populations, say conservationists. Researchers who tagged leopards in a reserve in Kwazulu Natal in South Africa found 23 of the 26 leopards tracked between 2002 and 2005 were killed through hunting and poaching for bushmeat."

Is Trophy Hunting Helping Save African Elephants?

"

Fees from trophy hunting of elephants that are supposed to help local communities—and elephants—often don’t. "

"But a closer look at trophy hunting in Africa shows that the industry employs few people and that the money from hunt fees that trickles down to needy villagers is minimal. Government corruption can be a factor. In Zimbabwe, for instance, individuals associated with President Robert Mugabe have seized lands in lucrative hunting areas. Trophy hunting isn’t stopping poaching, especially in countries that have a poor record of protecting their wildlife."

Exactly true.

===
Donnie Two Scoops did this for one reason - so Little DonDon could bring dead heads home with him.

And they pay far less for the privilege to just take pictures.

And how many photographers want to take pictures of older animals at the end of their life?

Legal trophy hunters only get to kill animals designated by the regulatory organization setting up the hunts. The conservation people pick the older non-breeding animals.

And considering they can't hunt these animals normally, getting to bag an older one is something they have to settle for. And they do settle for it, and pay lots of money for it.
The older ones are the ones who pass knowledge down to the others.

You are doing the herd no favors killing them. It is not about breeding it is about a highly intelligent socially organized family oriented complex animal that actually grieves when one of them is killed.

All I can say is expletives for those who want to hang their body parts on the wall. It is no different then murder.

It's Time to Accept That Elephants, Like Us, Are Empathetic Beings

Elephants pass test with ‘profound implications’ for their intelligence

in the case of some Rhino's the older ones are the ones that cockblock the younger ones from breeding.

Stop anthropomorphizing animals. They are animals, not people.

It is 100% different than murder. Animals kill other animals, people kill other animals.
I sm not anthropomorphasizing anything. I dont follow the Disney version of the animal kingdom, i follow the science. Are you aware thst rhinos and elephants are two completely different species?

Animals are not people.

People are people.

Hunting is a basic human instinct. Like fight or flight. Been that way since the dawn of time. Will always be that way.

Animals are not people.

People are people.

The hunting urge is hard wired into humans, some people go with it, some don't. Some can afford to pay huge sums of money to off big game, some can only afford going after deer. Some hunters see the meat as the prime goal, some see it as a side benefit.

Nature kills these animals far more capriciously and callously than any human save a incipient serial killer ever will.

by letting these yaboos cull a few animals selected by the conservationists for gobs of money, they assure the continuation of the species they are protecting.

What would you rather be, upset in a world with Rhinos still in it, or happy in a world where they have been poached out of existence?
I smnot against hinting so cut thst strawman down.

Wrong. With wildlife tourism, each animal gets "used" over and over. It gets killed only once. Waste of natural resources.

And by culling the older non-breeding animals you allow the younger ones more space, more food and more opportunity to breed.

To me I think the biggest thing people against this forget is that in the wild a natural death is usually not pleasant. Animals don't just doze off and die in their sleep. They either slow down enough for predators and/or scavengers to take them out, or they become unable to move and slowly starve or die of thirst, unless some scavengers or predators come along and then they die from option 1.

That's the opposite of "trophy hunting". When was the last time you saw a write up about a hunter killing old or sick animals? FACT is, trophy hunters want the youngest, biggest and so on. That's the whole point of trophy hunting - the dead animal makes up for the lack of balls on the "hunter".

Gotta congratulate you on your idea that since dying in nature is unpleasant, we should just shoot them. That's about as lame as it gets.

Trophy hunting doesn't change this. The money ends up in the pockets of corrupt officials and nothing more. No more money gets spent on dealing with poaching because there are trophy hunters.

Trophy hunting in Africa: 'Hunt operators are conservationists first, and hunters second'

"The benefits hunters cite are disputed. The League Against Cruel Sports say less than 5% of tour fees go to the government for wildlife conservation. And trophy hunting does damage populations, say conservationists. Researchers who tagged leopards in a reserve in Kwazulu Natal in South Africa found 23 of the 26 leopards tracked between 2002 and 2005 were killed through hunting and poaching for bushmeat."

"

Fees from trophy hunting of elephants that are supposed to help local communities—and elephants—often don’t. "

"But a closer look at trophy hunting in Africa shows that the industry employs few people and that the money from hunt fees that trickles down to needy villagers is minimal. Government corruption can be a factor. In Zimbabwe, for instance, individuals associated with President Robert Mugabe have seized lands in lucrative hunting areas. Trophy hunting isn’t stopping poaching, especially in countries that have a poor record of protecting their wildlife."

Exactly true.

===
Donnie Two Scoops did this for one reason - so Little DonDon could bring dead heads home with him.

And how many photographers want to take pictures of older animals at the end of their life?

Legal trophy hunters only get to kill animals designated by the regulatory organization setting up the hunts. The conservation people pick the older non-breeding animals.

And considering they can't hunt these animals normally, getting to bag an older one is something they have to settle for. And they do settle for it, and pay lots of money for it.

You are doing the herd no favors killing them. It is not about breeding it is about a highly intelligent socially organized family oriented complex animal that actually grieves when one of them is killed.

All I can say is expletives for those who want to hang their body parts on the wall. It is no different then murder.

in the case of some Rhino's the older ones are the ones that cockblock the younger ones from breeding.

It is 100% different than murder. Animals kill other animals, people kill other animals.
I sm not anthropomorphasizing anything. I dont follow the Disney version of the animal kingdom, i follow the science. Are you aware thst rhinos and elephants are two completely different species?
If you follow the science then what is your problem? What is it, 95% of creatures have been killed off throughout history?
Do you eat animal products? Own any leather?

"

Exactly true.

===

yes, and both are animals, and both are endangered, and by letting some guy with a gun plug a few selected by the conservationists for gobs of money the rest of the species has a chance to survive.

Animals are not people.

People are people.

No, you only like hunting done the way "you" like it, which is fine. You don't have to pay $350k to off some old rhino, but if some guy wants to do it and the conservationists do it in such a way that allows the rest of the herd to flourish, what's the issue?

Alive herds of animals you feel guilty, extinct herds of animals and you don't fee guilty.

Exactly true.

===

If you follow the science then what is your problem? What is it, 95% of creatures have been killed off throughout history?
Again, drop the strawman. I don't oppose hunting in general. Can't anyone read?

Exactly true.

===

yes, and both are animals, and both are endangered, and by letting some guy with a gun plug a few selected by the conservationists for gobs of money the rest of the species has a chance to survive.
Is it really helping conservstion though in the case of elephants? Is it worth it? Plug a few buffalo and lion but lay iff the elephants. There is no reason to bring home dead elephant parts and no reason to ressurect the ivory trade.

Animals are not people.

People are people.

No, you only like hunting done the way "you" like it, which is fine. You don't have to pay $350k to off some old rhino, but if some guy wants to do it and the conservationists do it in such a way that allows the rest of the herd to flourish, what's the issue?

Alive herds of animals you feel guilty, extinct herds of animals and you don't fee guilty.
Wrong.

Read up on elephants.

Is it really helping conservstion though in the case of elephants? Is it worth it? Plug a few buffalo and lion but lay iff the elephants. There is no reason to bring home dead elephant parts and no reason to ressurect the ivory trade.

that is just affection bias on your part.

And resurrecting a controlled ivory trade may work better than the current banning of it, considering the amount of poaching going on.

Animals are not people.

People are people.

Wrong.

Read up on elephants.

They get them to do some tricks that approximate something that looks like intelligence.

Also what happens when a predator takes them out, or some scavenger catches up to an older animal that can't fight back?

nature is nature, and we are part of nature even if our claws and teeth are provided by technology.

It wasn't a strawman, it was a simple question.

Mmmm

Simple answer is I dont oppose hunting in general but I oppose the hunting of elephants for trophies and question whether it really helps with conservation when corruption and poverty are such big problems as is ivory poaching . We should not be creating markets for elephant products imo.

Mmmm

Simple answer is I dont oppose hunting in general but I oppose the hunting of elephants for trophies and question whether it really helps with conservation when corruption and poverty are such big problems as is ivory poaching . We should not be creating markets for elephant products imo.

The market creates itself via demand. Banning ivory has resulted in a black market that fuels poachers and is the real threat to elephants due to the lack of controls.

A strictly controlled ivory market that only used culled animals or natural deaths would give funds to fight poachers, and give locals and government a stake in keeping the animals alive.

Well, no, man, you are great that Trump made sure his douchebag kids could kill elephants, but man, we still haven't seen that infrastructure bill...

Trophy hunting is based on one of your lauded "conservation" programs yet here you are crying about it???

No, Trophy hunting is based on greed and corruption. We could do conservation much easier by taxing and allocating monies.

Well, no, man, you are great that Trump made sure his douchebag kids could kill elephants, but man, we still haven't seen that infrastructure bill...

Trophy hunting is based on one of your lauded "conservation" programs yet here you are crying about it???

No, Trophy hunting is based on greed and corruption. We could do conservation much easier by taxing and allocating monies.

This isn't all about "Trump Trump Trump", although in your addled mind it probably is.

Always with the tax tax tax. Conservation run Trophy hunting is the free market in action.

This isn't all about "Trump Trump Trump", although in your addled mind it probably is.

Um, the title of the thread is "Trump lifts trophy ban".... SO this is kind of about Trump, isn't it?

Always with the tax tax tax. Conservation run Trophy hunting is the free market in action.

Yeah, sadly it is. Animals get slaughtered, they end up closer to extinction,

The Free Market in Action

DeclineOfBigCats50Years.jpg

Forum List

Back