Trump led me to Islam

Hey, if she wants to live a life of abuse, degradation, and oppression, let her.

I have known lots of converts to islam------work acquaintances---and clients. My impression was that
they wanted on opportunitu to INFLICT abuse and degradation and oppression

A year ago Lisa Shanklin began reading the Qur’an after seeing Trump’s hateful rhetoric, She then began interacting with Muslims and eventually decided to embrace Islam, She has vowed to begin wearing the hijab on 20th January 2017 – the day Donald Trump will be inaugurated as President. She states:

"It was Trump’s hateful rhetoric that led me a year ago to pick up the Quran (I hadn’t read since studying comparative religions at university) and study it closely. This led me to begin interacting with muslims, and eventually to embracing Islam for myself. For that I am so thankful.
muslim-lisa.gif

I have now decided that on Inauguration Day: January 20, 2017; I will begin wearing hijab in public at all times. I have been reluctant to do so thus far, mainly because I was not raised muslim; and I did not want to represent almost 2 billion Muslims to the average Jane or Joe on the street. But now I say I only represent me. I do not have all the answers about a centuries old religion, I am not always in a good mood, etc. But I will stand against HATE of any kind towards others. Trump won’t need to give me a badge to wear. I will PROUDLY wear hijab and I will call people out on their bigotry of all kinds privately and publicly!"

Donald Trump led me to embrace Islam !
Nah, stupidity and an utter lack of Character led you to join the islimers. Go to Saudi. You disgrace America.

Nah, stupidity and an utter lack of Character led you to join the islimers. Go to Saudi. You disgrace America.
Hate speech and crimes post-election. ...Fears of heightened bigotry and hate crimes have turned into reality for some Americans after Donald Trump's presidential win. ... Recent days have witnessed ugly episodes of racist or anti-Semitic pro-Trump graffiti along with threats or attacks against Muslims....Such people should be departed. Their low character is opportunistic and will be forgotten. Bigots have no place in history.

People Are Pledging To Register As Muslim If Trump Follows Through On A Registry
Earlier this week, Kris Kobach, a member of Donald Trump's presidential transition team, made the horrifying suggestion that the incoming administration is considering a national registry for Muslims and immigrants from countries where terrorists are active.
Americans of all stripes to pledge that they'll also register as Muslim if/when the time comes.

"We must stand together to protect our neighbors and our most fundamental rights," the website says. "We pledge to stand together with Muslims across the country, and around the world. Because when we stand as one, no American can be singled out by their race, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation." The page also features links to several organizations, such as the ACLU and the Council of American-Islamic Relations, where you can donate.

At press time, thousands have already pledged, sign up for yourself here.

People Are Pledging To Register As Muslim If Trump Follows Through On A Registry

A year ago Lisa Shanklin began reading the Qur’an after seeing Trump’s hateful rhetoric, She then began interacting with Muslims and eventually decided to embrace Islam, She has vowed to begin wearing the hijab on 20th January 2017 – the day Donald Trump will be inaugurated as President. She states:

"It was Trump’s hateful rhetoric that led me a year ago to pick up the Quran (I hadn’t read since studying comparative religions at university) and study it closely. This led me to begin interacting with muslims, and eventually to embracing Islam for myself. For that I am so thankful.
muslim-lisa.gif

I have now decided that on Inauguration Day: January 20, 2017; I will begin wearing hijab in public at all times. I have been reluctant to do so thus far, mainly because I was not raised muslim; and I did not want to represent almost 2 billion Muslims to the average Jane or Joe on the street. But now I say I only represent me. I do not have all the answers about a centuries old religion, I am not always in a good mood, etc. But I will stand against HATE of any kind towards others. Trump won’t need to give me a badge to wear. I will PROUDLY wear hijab and I will call people out on their bigotry of all kinds privately and publicly!"

Donald Trump led me to embrace Islam !
And I quote "the main reason that I embraced Islam is because I was getting really tired of having to wash my hair all the time, which is the beauty of the hijab". Hmmm... ok.

Earlier this week, Kris Kobach, a member of Donald Trump's presidential transition team, made the horrifying suggestion that the incoming administration is considering a national registry for Muslims and immigrants from countries where terrorists are active.
Americans of all stripes to pledge that they'll also register as Muslim if/when the time comes.

"We must stand together to protect our neighbors and our most fundamental rights," the website says. "We pledge to stand together with Muslims across the country, and around the world. Because when we stand as one, no American can be singled out by their race, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation." The page also features links to several organizations, such as the ACLU and the Council of American-Islamic Relations, where you can donate.

Yup, I predicted that progressives will start self-identifying as Muslims as a means of protesting and promoting Islam. I can't wait to see feminists running around in a hijab.

something like that also happened when Cassius Clay
succeeded in evading the draft

Yep, it's me. I ran across my name on this site. 'Not sure how my FB post got translated into 16 languages and onto sites, but here it is. I certainly didn't share it millions of times. For the record, I've never experienced psychosis, all four sides of my lineage were residing in what is now the USA, prior to the American Revolution (my family on all four sides fought in that war). Additionally, my family is quite patriotic, the FBI Building in Dallas is named for my grandfather who was SAC there & my family has served in every war (I've got the flag from my own father's coffin). I'm quite well educated in religion and psychology. I've worked in both fields. I do indeed have a double chin (ba ha ha) as do ALL the Shanklin women. Nor am I old. I mean clearly with a BA in three subjects, two MA, & a Doctorate; I'm no spring chicken, but my life is no where near 1/2 over (Unless a Christian terrorist takes me out). This country was founded by individuals who supported religious freedom. If you choose to remain ignorant about Islam, that is certainly your right. But I invite you to examine the religion of peace more closely. As far as those of you who have harsh words or threats for me because of MY choice - your words & behavior go on your life's record for which you will answer to God, as I will answer for mine.

Yep, it's me. I ran across my name on this site. 'Not sure how my FB post got translated into 16 languages and onto sites, but here it is. I certainly didn't share it millions of times. For the record, I've never experienced psychosis, all four sides of my lineage were residing in what is now the USA, prior to the American Revolution (my family on all four sides fought in that war). Additionally, my family is quite patriotic, the FBI Building in Dallas is named for my grandfather who was SAC there & my family has served in every war (I've got the flag from my own father's coffin). I'm quite well educated in religion and psychology. I've worked in both fields. I do indeed have a double chin (ba ha ha) as do ALL the Shanklin women. Nor am I old. I mean clearly with a BA in three subjects, two MA, & a Doctorate; I'm no spring chicken, but my life is no where near 1/2 over (Unless a Christian terrorist takes me out). This country was founded by individuals who supported religious freedom. If you choose to remain ignorant about Islam, that is certainly your right. But I invite you to examine the religion of peace more closely. As far as those of you who have harsh words or threats for me because of MY choice - your words & behavior go on your life's record for which you will answer to God, as I will answer for mine.

what makes you imagine that people are, in general, more ignorant about islam
than the other religions of the world. As ot your "education"----not impressed

what is good about her?--------presumptive Dx is bipolar-----sometimes she is sad and sometimes ELATED (with psychotic features)

For taking the time to actively study another culture and make major and surely controversial life changes. That signifies that she is open minded and not just another conformist sycophant.

Or, she is simply a fruitcake.

Mark

Please do us all a favour by NOT reading any of the great literary works of Charles Manson.

There have been a lot of daft white women reading the Quran and converting. It carves me up that I was not there to save them from themselves.

There have been a lot of daft white women reading the Quran and converting. It carves me up that I was not there to save them from themselves.

I have encountered a few women who converted to islam----I had the impression that none of them ever read anything---------it was either for marriage or for a boyfriend

Forum List

Back