Trump lawyer: Mueller improperly obtained transition documents in Russia probe

Once again I ask this question: Why didn't Russians hack and publicize RNC and Trump emails like they did the DNC and Hillary emails? Any takers...?

Because there is absolutely no proof that the Russians hacked the DNC servers. No evidence at all. Too bad no government agency examined the servers.

They were examined. Russians hacking of the DNC and Hillary emails has been a proven fact for many months. You should be embarrassed to suggest otherwise.

Examined only by CrowdStrike. FACT. And no one who is sane believed Dmitri's company's report because he is tied at the hip with Pinchuk and all the other corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs who backed Hillary.

And no I shouldn't be embarrassed at all. I never believed 17 agencies all backed the report either. You did though.

You fail to recognize another very important point: The DNC and Hillary emails are/were private and proprietary information - which means they are very careful who they allow to examine their servers, etc. No political party would want the government snooping through their private and proprietary servers, etc.

Turley also mentioned " this demand does not appear to have been made in the form of a court-approved subpoena."

A subpoena was not necessary. They are gov't records, subject to law enforcement review.
I think they were too. But Mueller had a very good and sneaky reason to "kick down the door" without a subpoena. And He's not gonna indict a potus. His job is to uncover the truth behind Russia and Trump.
I don't see it as "kicking down the door."

See d., page 4:
d. Disclosure.
(1) Electronic messages may be treated as Agency records for purposes of the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552 and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552a. As such, electronic messages or portions of them may be required to be disclosed upon a proper request.

Additionally, they may be disclosed pursuant to discovery in a legal proceeding or upon request by Congress.

The contents of electronic messages, properly obtained for Federal Government purposes, may be disclosed within the Agency for an official purpose without the permission of the authorized user who created the message.

https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/CIO_2160.2B_CHGE_1_GSA_Electronic_Messaging_and_Related_Services_(Signed_on_6-17-2015).pdf
I dunno. I think they were legally discoverable, and don't think Mueller illegally obtained them when he didn't get a subpoena. The GAO had agreed to destroy them.... of course Team Trump was recklessly stupid in letting them go, and perhaps not destroying them themselves.

Turley uses "kicking down the door" to denote some power play. I don't think Mueller's motivation was power, despite being a very aggressive, perhaps overly so, prosecutor. I think Mueller was getting the docs in a way that kept people he was going to interview from knowing he had them. Sort of like "surprise - no knock warrant ... everybody face down on the floor hands behind your heads" LOL
Destroying them would have violated Federal Law.
I'm not sure about that. Perhaps. As you say .gov. However, transition folks are not federal employees. But, transitions do get public money. But, as Hillary shows ... err on the side of delete and crush the hard drives and them cover them with acid and incinerate what remains.

Trump's transition team could have used personal email accounts, they choze the .gov email account and signed off that they knew that these emails could be accessed by request.

Mueller’s investigators obtained the emails from the General Services Administration, a federal agency that stored the material, rather than request them from Trump’s still-existing transition group, Trump for America, Kory Langhofer, the group’s general counsel, said in a letter sent to two congressional committees. Transition officials signed agreements that warn them that materials kept on the government servers are subject to monitoring and auditing, Loewentritt told Buzzfeed, and there’s no expectation of privacy. Late Saturday, Mueller’s spokesman, Peter Carr, said the special counsel’s office has followed the law when it has obtained documents during its investigation.
Trump criticizes how Mueller obtained transition emails, says no plans to fire special counsel

There's nothing illegal here----just the Trump media network in full PANIC spin mode. They went crazy ivan when Flynn plead guilty and is now fully cooperating with Mueller.

c10cbfe2fb283dc36f26531ec6f7d5f1.jpg

They've been trying to discredit Mueller in several ways.

Fox News employees threaten to quit over the cheeseburger reporting.

Well THIS was very interesting to read:

Settle in, politikids.

You're going to enjoy this...

I've read the full letter Trump transition team attorneys sent to legislators re: Mueller obtaining their emails.

It has a delicious reveal.

1/
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000160-616c-dcd4-a96b-756de2a90000

As we now know:
1) Mueller obtained ALL of the emails sent to/from Trump transition team accounts
2) The Trump gang only realized this after Mueller's team seemed to know all about their emails
3) This made them quite... upset

2/

4) Their lawyers then wrote the letter in the link to congressmen complaining about just how upsetting all of this is.
Here's the classically amusing reveal in the letter...

3/

Earlier this year, Trump appointed the top attorney at the office responsible for providing all the electronics and email accounts the Trump transition team used.
That attorney's name was Richard Backler.

4/

Now, as background, Backler was a white collar criminal defense attorney before his appointment.

He helped rich criminals beat government convictions for a firm with a name you'll find familiar.

Bracewell & Giuliani.

5/

So, Trump appointed Backler and then Backler went and ensured Trump transition team attorneys that he would not allow his org (the GSA) to provide any of their emails to investigators.

One problem: Backler fell ill and ultimately passed away.

6/

So, until Mueller's crew started asking Trump aides about those emails, they had absolutely no idea Mueller had them because they thought Trump's guy on the inside was running interference for them.
Let that one sink in.

7/

Trump and his flunkies thought their friend at the GSA had locked their emails away *literally* in a vault no one could get to...

They thought their bodies were all buried.

As a result, Trump's people walked into their interviews with Mueller and team with a completely false sense of confidence that he didn't know what he already knew in spades.
They thought he was fishing. He was just reeling fish in.

9/

Can you imagine the freakout that must have occurred in Trumpland when they realized their cleanup guy hadn't actually done the cleanup after all?

Alllllllll of the things they thought they had buried were not only not buried; Mueller had them in writing!

10/
Continued here: The Hoarse Whisperer on Twitter

I thought this interesting too.

Mueller makes reckless move with seizure of Trump transition emails

it's an op ed, but I think Turley is ok (for a law professor which by defnintion makes him an asshole) But his bottom line was Mueller may end up compromising any indictment he makes against Trump for "collusion."

But, I don't think there's any chance he'd bring that indictment. If Mueller's after anyone it's as your link provided: perjury and obstruction of justice. And he won't indict Trump. If the evidence is there, he'll publically send it to congress. If they impeach, they impeach. If not we'll be the judges. And whether Mueller was overly heavy handed ... who cares? I'm not interested in seeing Trump in jail.
I've seen it.

Both Turley and Dershowitz have been running cover for Donnie for some time now, and seem to be written some pretty appallingly bad opinion pieces.

I'm embarrassed for dershowitz. I can only assume it has something to do with trump officially making Jerusalem the capital of Israel.
Dersh has been sucking Donny's dick for some time now.

It's a long and public job interview for a position in the WH.
Agree! But it also could be a try-out for his Impeachment Lawyer, in case that ever happened!

Once again I ask this question: Why didn't Russians hack and publicize RNC and Trump emails like they did the DNC and Hillary emails? Any takers...?

Because there is absolutely no proof that the Russians hacked the DNC servers. No evidence at all. Too bad no government agency examined the servers.

They were examined. Russians hacking of the DNC and Hillary emails has been a proven fact for many months. You should be embarrassed to suggest otherwise.

Examined only by CrowdStrike. FACT. And no one who is sane believed Dmitri's company's report because he is tied at the hip with Pinchuk and all the other corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs who backed Hillary.

And no I shouldn't be embarrassed at all. I never believed 17 agencies all backed the report either. You did though.

No link to any of that so it goes into the :bsflag:file.

Look Mueller already has Collusion and Obstrution of Justice. He is now moving into the Russian money laundering operation for MOTIVE.

Go these two links, there you will find Shep Smith & Chris Wallace video's, along with MSNBC video's explaining these Russian money laundering operations, along with credible verifiable trusted links to read.
Mueller already has collusion & obstruction of justice--he's going after this Trump russian mob now.
Do Russian oligarchs own Trump and his empire?

You know it didn't help that Trump went on an NBC interview with Lestor Holt and admit to obstruction of justice.

This is why FOX NEWS is in a FULL BLOWN crazy ivan conspiracy attack on Robert Mueller.

What was the evidence again that Putin and Trump rigged the 2016 Presidential election?

I must keep missing it, because I haven’t heard of anything.

Those posters who claimed Trump would be gone by Christmas have 1 week left...ooops!

You fail to recognize another very important point: The DNC and Hillary emails are/were private and proprietary information - which means they are very careful who they allow to examine their servers, etc. No political party would want the government snooping through their private and proprietary servers, etc.

Fine and dandy. But don't expect anyone to believe CrowdStrike's assessment . They fucked up royally. Now I do understand that many Democrats want to believe they lost the election because of the Russians.

And I equally understand why many Republican officials want to cling desperately to the fairy tale that the Russians gave the establishment Trump to deal with.

:lol:

They've been shitting their pants for as long as the D's over Trump. But anyone else who knows Dmitri's connections to all of Hillary's donors like Pinchuk know that CrowdStrike was blowing wind out its ass.

It's become bloody pitiful to witness the D's not getting their shit together to run big in 2018.

Basically, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Settle in, politikids.

I've read the full letter Trump transition team attorneys sent to legislators re: Mueller obtaining their emails.

1/

As we now know:
1) Mueller obtained ALL of the emails sent to/from Trump transition team accounts
2) The Trump gang only realized this after Mueller's team seemed to know all about their emails

2/

4) Their lawyers then wrote the letter in the link to congressmen complaining about just how upsetting all of this is.

3/

Earlier this year, Trump appointed the top attorney at the office responsible for providing all the electronics and email accounts the Trump transition team used.
That attorney's name was Richard Beckler.

4/

Now, as background, Beckler was a white collar criminal defense attorney before his appointment.

He helped rich criminals beat government convictions for a firm with a name you'll find familiar.

Bracewell & Giuliani.

5/

So, Trump appointed Beckler and then Beckler went and ensured Trump transition team attorneys that he would not allow his org (the GSA) to provide any of their emails to investigators.

One problem: Beckler fell ill and ultimately passed away.

6/

So, until Mueller's crew started asking Trump aides about those emails, they had absolutely no idea Mueller had them because they thought Trump's guy on the inside was running interference for them.
Let that one sink in.

7/

Trump and his flunkies thought their friend at the GSA had locked their emails away *literally* in a vault no one could get to...

As a result, Trump's people walked into their interviews with Mueller and team with a completely false sense of confidence that he didn't know what he already knew in spades.

9/

Can you imagine the freakout that must have occurred in Trumpland when they realized their cleanup guy hadn't actually done the cleanup after all?

Alllllllll of the things they thought they had buried were not only not buried; Mueller had them in writing!

10/

*Corrected the last name: Beckler.

wow. but wait, are you saying they had no idea that beckler had died??

5/

So, Trump appointed Beckler and then Beckler went and ensured Trump transition team attorneys that he would not allow his org (the GSA) to provide any of their emails to investigators.

6/

Let that one sink in.

I think they were too. But Mueller had a very good and sneaky reason to "kick down the door" without a subpoena. And He's not gonna indict a potus. His job is to uncover the truth behind Russia and Trump.

See d., page 4:
d. Disclosure.
(1) Electronic messages may be treated as Agency records for purposes of the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552 and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552a. As such, electronic messages or portions of them may be required to be disclosed upon a proper request.

Additionally, they may be disclosed pursuant to discovery in a legal proceeding or upon request by Congress.

The contents of electronic messages, properly obtained for Federal Government purposes, may be disclosed within the Agency for an official purpose without the permission of the authorized user who created the message.

https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/CIO_2160.2B_CHGE_1_GSA_Electronic_Messaging_and_Related_Services_(Signed_on_6-17-2015).pdf
I dunno. I think they were legally discoverable, and don't think Mueller illegally obtained them when he didn't get a subpoena. The GAO had agreed to destroy them.... of course Team Trump was recklessly stupid in letting them go, and perhaps not destroying them themselves.

Turley uses "kicking down the door" to denote some power play. I don't think Mueller's motivation was power, despite being a very aggressive, perhaps overly so, prosecutor. I think Mueller was getting the docs in a way that kept people he was going to interview from knowing he had them. Sort of like "surprise - no knock warrant ... everybody face down on the floor hands behind your heads" LOL
I'm not sure about that. Perhaps. As you say .gov. However, transition folks are not federal employees. But, transitions do get public money. But, as Hillary shows ... err on the side of delete and crush the hard drives and them cover them with acid and incinerate what remains.

Trump's transition team could have used personal email accounts, they choze the .gov email account and signed off that they knew that these emails could be accessed by request.

Mueller’s investigators obtained the emails from the General Services Administration, a federal agency that stored the material, rather than request them from Trump’s still-existing transition group, Trump for America, Kory Langhofer, the group’s general counsel, said in a letter sent to two congressional committees. Transition officials signed agreements that warn them that materials kept on the government servers are subject to monitoring and auditing, Loewentritt told Buzzfeed, and there’s no expectation of privacy. Late Saturday, Mueller’s spokesman, Peter Carr, said the special counsel’s office has followed the law when it has obtained documents during its investigation.
Trump criticizes how Mueller obtained transition emails, says no plans to fire special counsel

There's nothing illegal here----just the Trump media network in full PANIC spin mode. They went crazy ivan when Flynn plead guilty and is now fully cooperating with Mueller.

iu

See d., page 4:
d. Disclosure.

iu

See d., page 4:
d. Disclosure.

iu

See d., page 4:
d. Disclosure.

CNN%20Fake%20News%20Cartoon.jpg

Settle in, politikids.

1/

As we now know:

2/

3/

That attorney's name was Richard Beckler.

4/

Now, as background, Beckler was a white collar criminal defense attorney before his appointment.

Bracewell & Giuliani.

5/

6/

Let that one sink in.

7/

9/

10/

*Corrected the last name: Beckler.

wow. but wait, are you saying they had no idea that beckler had died??

5/

6/

Let that one sink in.
Huh?

This happened before Beckler died.

He was in the hospital -- having been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two months before passing.

As I posted above, the privilege begins when he became president elect. It required a warrant which they did not get. Game Over

Absolutely wrong. Executive privilege only extends to a president, not to a president-elect, or to a former president. And even if the law were to protect the communications of a president elect, that would not begin before January 6th.

Jan 6, 2017 - The U.S. Congress on Friday certified the Electoral College vote that gave Republican Donald Trump his victory in the contentious 2016 presidential election.

Prior to January 6th , Trump wasn't officialy the president elect.
LOL

Your an idiot...

I'll let you drown in your own stupidity...

Its going to be fun to watch the whole thing swirl as it goes down the toilet...

See d., page 4:
d. Disclosure.

iu

Nope--not even CNN can beat FOX NEWS when it comes to FAKE & WHOLLY DISTORTED NEWS.

They OWN Trump--and they're no longer reporting the news they're deflecting it--and concocting conspiracy stories.

FOX NEWS is currently in a Federal Law suit over the story Sean Hannity manufactured regarding the death of a DNC staffer, Seth Rich, with White House oversight.
Lawsuit: Fox News concocted Seth Rich story with oversight from White House

Which is why disaffected FOX NEWS watchers have been leaving FOX NEWS in wagon trains. Or should I say the smarter ones are leaving---:badgrin:
In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News
Rachel Maddow crushes Fox News in August; CNN gaining fast

CnSTZ0HWIAA7r2z.jpg

The entire network with the exception of their investigative reporters, Shep Smith, Chris Wallace, Brit Hume (their investigative reporter's) have been inundated with political soap box opera's that are in full blown panic spin mode.

Last edited:
Your an idiot...

Its going to be fun to watch the whole thing swirl as it goes down the toilet...

Here's a repost from a repost.

Fish v Kobash
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/..._order_compelling_production_of_documents.pdf

Defendant’s argument for withholding the photographed document under the
executive privilege is unpersuasive. First, Secretary Kobach’s communication was made to
a president-elect, not to a sitting president.

Although a president-elect by statute and policy
may be accorded security briefings and other transitional prerogatives, he or she has no
constitutional power to make any decisions on behalf of the Executive Branch. No court has
recognized the applicability of the executive privilege to communications made before a
president takes office.

Lets nuke the total ignorance of the left wing fruit cakes...

1. All of the email of trumps staff was private prior to becoming president elect on January 6. This means all of the emails obtained by Mueller were illegally taken without a warrant from GSA.

2. All E-mail of trumps staff after 6 January were privileged as he was president elect.

In both instances the seizure of the E-mails was unlawful without a warrant. The GSA is now culpable as a memo was written and distributed just prior to Mueller demanding the email. The E-mail clearly identified what the status of all the president elect's E-mail was and what was required to obtain them...

Flynn is now going to withdraw his guilty plea and demand that all of the information illegally gained must be discarded and Flynn's conviction overturned.

This is not going to end well.. Mueller's office is now neutered and illegitimate because they too had possession of the E-mail stating the privileged nature of all the E-mail was.

Your an idiot...

Here's a repost from a repost.

Fish v Kobash
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/..._order_compelling_production_of_documents.pdf

Defendant’s argument for withholding the photographed document under the
executive privilege is unpersuasive. First, Secretary Kobach’s communication was made to
a president-elect, not to a sitting president.

Although a president-elect by statute and policy
may be accorded security briefings and other transitional prerogatives, he or she has no
constitutional power to make any decisions on behalf of the Executive Branch. No court has
recognized the applicability of the executive privilege to communications made before a
president takes office.
Keep on believing....

Your inquisition is dead..

Forum List

Back