Trump launches another attack on the media, says press are 'dangerous and sick' and can 'cause war'

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'President Donald Trump upped the ante in his attacks on the media early Sunday, unleashing a new broadside against journalists as "dangerous and sick," and dividing the electorate.

In a stream of posts on Twitter, the president continued to harangue the press as the "enemy of the people" and said it "can also cause war." It came on the heels of a controversy stoked last week, when Trump revealed that he secretly met with the publisher of the New York Times in an off-the-record discussion.'

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Trump launches another attack on the media, says press are 'dangerous and sick' and can 'cause war'

Jeez...sounds like he is freaking out.

What's next? Asking Trumpbots to physically attack the press?

Last edited:
  • Banned
Anthony Scaramucci says Trump's press attacks are bad strategy and 'bad for the country'

'Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci denounced President Donald Trump's inflammatory claim that the news media "purposely" cause "division" and "distrust."
Scaramucci says he has expressed concerns directly to the president and other administration staff about the language.

He told host Brian Stelter on CNN's "Reliable Sources" Sunday that more of Trump's people should tell the president they think his attacks on the press are wrong.

"I would encourage people that are in the West Wing, if they think differently than the president, they should speak out," Scaramucci said. "I don't think that this war with the media is something that's going to help him long term."'

Anthony Scaramucci says Trump's press attacks are bad strategy and 'bad for the country'

• Banned
Kellyanne Conway: 'I don't believe journalists are the enemy of the people'

'White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Sunday that she does not believe that journalists are the enemy of the people.

The assertion comes shortly after President Donald Trump, who has made attacks on the media a staple of his presidency, ratcheted up his criticism of members of the Fourth Estate, saying in a tweet on Sunday that the "Fake News" is the "Enemy of the People." Trump added, "They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!"
When asked to clarify the President's tweet in an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Conway suggested that Trump was referring to "some reporters" who she said "aren't always telling the truth." But she later said, "I don't believe journalists are the enemy of the people."
Conway added, however, "I think some journalists are the enemy of the relevant, and the enemy of the news you can use."

The President's daughter Ivanka Trump, who serves as a White House senior adviser, made headlines on Thursday when she indicated that she did not agree with her father that the press is the enemy of the American people. "No, I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people," she said.'

Kellyanne Conway: 'I don't believe journalists are the enemy of the people' - CNNPolitics

'President Donald Trump upped the ante in his attacks on the media early Sunday, unleashing a new broadside against journalists as "dangerous and sick," and dividing the electorate.

In a stream of posts on Twitter, the president continued to harangue the press as the "enemy of the people" and said it "can also cause war." It came on the heels of a controversy stoked last week, when Trump revealed that he secretly met with the publisher of the New York Times in an off-the-record discussion.'

We won't attack, but we will defend ourselves. Vigorously.

Trump is the only one who is dangerous and sick; his reckless, irresponsible foreign policy is likely to start a war.

Indeed, Trump’s unwarranted, reprehensible attacks on the press can endanger the safety of journalists abroad.

And Trump’s lie that the press is the ‘enemy of the people’ exhibits his contempt for a free press and the right of the people to know what their government is doing.

There have been wars over lesser reasons than the likes of Trump.

Trump is violating the oath that he promised to uphold and protect the Constitution, when he attacks the press.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Trump has a habit of attacking the Constitution. And, Little Trumpsters love it. Kinda makes me question not only Trump's patriotism, but also his Little Trumpsters.

Last edited:
  • Banned

1) What exactly are you defending yourself from?

2) How EXACTLY would you 'vigorously' defend yourself?

Trump is the only one who is dangerous and sick; his reckless, irresponsible foreign policy is likely to start a war.

Indeed, Trump’s unwarranted, reprehensible attacks on the press can endanger the safety of journalists abroad.

And Trump’s lie that the press is the ‘enemy of the people’ exhibits his contempt for a free press and the right of the people to know what their government is doing.

so whats new> do you realise you actually described there EVERY president we had since 1981?:abgg2q.jpg:

From lefties who use violence to suppress speech they don't agree with.

I'm 66 so I don't fuck around. I carry.

iu

Trump is violating the oath that he promised to uphold and protect the Constitution, when he attacks the press.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Trump has a habit of attacking the Constitution. And, Little Trumpsters love it. Kinda makes me question not only Trump's patriotism, but also his Little Trumpsters.

It's not the "free press" though. It's largely Democrat Propaganda.

And how EXACTLY have 'lefties' used 'violence to suppress speech they don't agree with'?

And how EXACTLY have 'lefties' used 'violence to suppress speech they don't agree with'?

It's happened. I'm sure you have seen the incidents.
More will happen, we are just getting warmed up.

You carry metamucil....

You carry metamucil....

I don't use any medications.
Not even aspirin.

Can you give me one example?

Can you give me one example?

Yesterday's "Patriot Prayer" in Portland. Duh.

Forum List

Back