Trump & Jerusalem: Why is this necessary?

It solidifies our relationship with Israel. Unlike the last president, he is showing a commitment to them.
So - and this is a serious question - after any number of people die and suffer in the terrorist attacks this specific move causes, it will be okay to say, "well, we were able to solidify our relationship with Israel, so these are worth it"?
given that iran and others want to nuke israel off the map, does it make a difference what you to save a hundred lives when people are threatening them all?

Sometimes you have to just grit your teeth and lance the boil. To negotiate real peace, the Jerusalem issue has to be laid to rest.
I wonder, though, if that's really the reason for this.
so keeping the status quo so far is the only counter i've understood you to say. so let me ask then, what conditions would be necessary for this to be a "good time" to piss off the arab nations? that's going to happen regardless so do we never recognize israels capital to appease the arabs or do we recognize it as a proper thing to do? (and i don't think he's doing it to piss off the arabs).

It solidifies our relationship with Israel. Unlike the last president, he is showing a commitment to them.
So - and this is a serious question - after any number of people die and suffer in the terrorist attacks this specific move causes, it will be okay to say, "well, we were able to solidify our relationship with Israel, so these are worth it"?
given that iran and others want to nuke israel off the map, does it make a difference what you to save a hundred lives when people are threatening them all?
Well, that appears to be the calculus here, assuming there IS a calculus.

Pretty risky.

Well, that appears to be the calculus here, assuming there IS a calculus.

Pretty risky.
then give me a time or conditions of less risk where the arabs would agree to this on their own.

....and would Muslim leaders really destroy the entire Middle East because Mohmed dreamed he went to Jerusalem?

I respect Arabs, but in their culture pressing claims as a buffer against their opponents going for the real interests you care about is a common and respected tactic.

Besides, Trump being a good and successful bidnessman, he has likely polled all the major players he gives a flying fart about behind the scenes already.

That might be why the Saudi Crown Prince has cleaned house in Arabia.

Sometimes you have to just grit your teeth and lance the boil. To negotiate real peace, the Jerusalem issue has to be laid to rest.
so keeping the status quo so far is the only counter i've understood you to say. so let me ask then, what conditions would be necessary for this to be a "good time" to piss off the arab nations? that's going to happen regardless so do we never recognize israels capital to appease the arabs or do we recognize it as a proper thing to do? (and i don't think he's doing it to piss off the arabs).
As I've said, it depends on the goal. If it's political - and we don't know - then it's a great move. The "base" and all. If it's about peace, no, I don't see it.

As I've said, it depends on the goal. If it's political - and we don't know - then it's a great move. The "base" and all. If it's about peace, no, I don't see it.
what if the goal is to just recognize what israel wants as their capital?

Diplomacy has been ongoing for decades through multiple presidents from both parties.

Maybe if the Arab States stop getting the crumbs they beg for they may finally start negotiating in good faith.

You mean just let the fake jews take their homes in the west bank. Gaza, the largest outdoor prison.

Blah blah blah "I hatez teh joooooooos!!!' blah blah blah.

Go tweak a crematorium you nazi hack.

Call me anti semite, who in the hell cares, it means nothing.

Much like any of your posts.

Read my lips, I do not care. I agree with many Jews, not the zealot ones.

you don't need to be a zealot to know that you can only object to the existence of Israel or try to de-legitimize jews if you're an anti-semite.

just the way it is.

Then we have something more rare than an albino giraffe; and honest office holder in the White House.

Donald doesn't care about peace. it's that whole wag the dog thing.

I should post this in the CDZ, but what the hell, I'm here now.

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital

With everything else going on right now, why is this necessary?

What is the NET - and I mean, above and beyond the anger this is stirring - positive of this move?

It is amazing to me that a sovereign country has not real control over their own state of affairs in their own capital.

Nothing they do will ever appease the Muslims other than jumping into the sea and drowning.

Then we have something more rare than an albino giraffe; and honest office holder in the White House.

who just happens to lie about everything.

:rofl:

What is the NET - and I mean, above and beyond the anger this is stirring - positive of this move?

It is amazing to me that a sovereign country has not real control over their own state of affairs in their own capital.

Nothing they do will ever appease the Muslims other than jumping into the sea and drowning.

say I agree with you. shouldn't this have been worked out with our allies in the region. you know, the ones we need....

this in itself would be a lie. trump does not lie about *everything* making you a liar in the same vein he is.

congrats on your "WIN".

this in itself would be a lie. trump does not lie about *everything* making you a liar in the same vein he is.

congrats on your "WIN".

riiiiiiight. lol

You mean just let the fake jews take their homes in the west bank. Gaza, the largest outdoor prison.

Blah blah blah "I hatez teh joooooooos!!!' blah blah blah.

Go tweak a crematorium you nazi hack.

Call me anti semite, who in the hell cares, it means nothing.

Much like any of your posts.

Read my lips, I do not care. I agree with many Jews, not the zealot ones.

you don't need to be a zealot to know that you can only object to the existence of Israel or try to de-legitimize jews if you're an anti-semite.

just the way it is.

Call me names, I'm sure hurt, NOT. The jews in Israel are killing and stealing. I do not care about them just because they are part of the bible. I am not an evan.

say I agree with you. shouldn't this have been worked out with our allies in the region. you know, the ones we need....

Allies? Who is their ally? The entire UN spends all their time passing resolutions against Israel.

Meanwhile in places like the Sudan and Syria where mass genocide has taken place......................

Trump should handle this the way he handles all the naysayers regarding his policies. Just ignore them and tweet to rub salt in their wounds.

Sure, he won't get the Nobel Peace Prize but who gives a damn. Just do what needs to be done and ignore the meaningless world accolades.

congrats on your "WIN".

riiiiiiight. lol
he does not lie about everything. i can find several statements where he is telling the truth. you just ignore those cause...well you just do. i refuse to try and dig deeper into stupid this am.

now - trump does EXAGGERATE the holy hell out of a lot of things. and many turn out to be wrong so *these* are his lies, at least a bulk that i've seen of them.

given you said he lies about EVERYTHING this is a "trump'ism" in that you exaggerate to make a point.

just like your daddy trump.

he would be so proud. you're growing up just like him.

[
congrats on your "WIN".

Dims are now minority in about 2/3rds of state congresses and governorships, but they still think that they are 'winning'.

upload_2017-12-6_8-57-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-6_8-57-2.png
    upload_2017-12-6_8-57-2.png
    137 KB · Views: 17

New Topics

Forum List

Back