Trump & Jerusalem: Why is this necessary?

You don't do the right thing because it is easy

You do the right thing because it is the right thing to do

This has been promised to jews for a long time and Trump is the first POTUS with the balls to do it.
so does this somehow formalize Israel as a country then? what is the significance of the move itself?

israel is already "formalized" as a country.what are you talking about?
pretty plain to see i'm asking to learn. yes my understanding is israel is a formal country which is why i don't get the anger behind the move. but you are just here starting shit and i just flushed.

have a nice day.

I should post this in the CDZ, but what the hell, I'm here now.

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital

With everything else going on right now, why is this necessary?

What is the NET - and I mean, above and beyond the anger this is stirring - positive of this move?

Donald wants to create distractions so we don't think about the criminality of him and everyone around him. He also wants to keep his evangelical crazies happy.

This is going to get people killed. (Even if I believe it's something to work toward as part of a diplomatic effort)

Diplomacy has been ongoing for decades through multiple presidents from both parties.

Maybe if the Arab States stop getting the crumbs they beg for they may finally start negotiating in good faith.

You mean just let the fake jews take their homes in the west bank. Gaza, the largest outdoor prison.

see, you need to stop that idiocy. it gets you nothing. it's false and alie4 and it makes people like me who might have some sympathy for at least some of your positions in the region say "screw you".

:thup:

Why declaring Jerusalem capital of Israel is controversial - CNN

will move US embassy there.
Why is declaring Jerusalem the capital such a big deal?
The final status of Jerusalem has always been one of the most difficult and sensitive questions in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. If the United States declares Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it would be seen as prejudging that question, deciding an issue that was supposed to be left to negotiations and breaking with the international consensus on the holy city.

Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital also moves the United States one major step closer to relocating the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which would be seen as cementing Israeli sovereignty over the city.

holy shit - non biased news from CNN. pretty good article that helps me understand anyway.
I don't see how in the world this could be considered a positive influence on peace talks, though.
then let me ask in return - when? if not now, when? given there is *never* stability in the region, what are / were we waiting on for us and all allies to go "ok, NOW you can have a new capital" - what were the issues and why has this been dragging on so long?
I sure don't know, and neither has anyone. My main question here is about the timing. If we're serious about peace in the Middle East, if we know what this is going to cause, why do we have to do this now?

If this is a political move, sure, it makes sense. If we're serious about peace, no, I don't see it.
well given the arab states would likely *never* come to the table and agree to this - do we just keep waiting on them?

and when was the last time there was peace in that region? we'd have arab nations agreeing to the capital move before they'd agree to stop fighting.
Well, if we're giving up, then sure, what the hell.
when was there last real peace in that region?

I don't see how in the world this could be considered a positive influence on peace talks, though.
then let me ask in return - when? if not now, when? given there is *never* stability in the region, what are / were we waiting on for us and all allies to go "ok, NOW you can have a new capital" - what were the issues and why has this been dragging on so long?
I sure don't know, and neither has anyone. My main question here is about the timing. If we're serious about peace in the Middle East, if we know what this is going to cause, why do we have to do this now?

If this is a political move, sure, it makes sense. If we're serious about peace, no, I don't see it.
well given the arab states would likely *never* come to the table and agree to this - do we just keep waiting on them?

and when was the last time there was peace in that region? we'd have arab nations agreeing to the capital move before they'd agree to stop fighting.
Pretty much never. But there are levels of war, and this is just inviting trouble.

So again, knowing that going in, is this necessary?

This has been promised to jews for a long time and Trump is the first POTUS with the balls to do it.
so does this somehow formalize Israel as a country then? what is the significance of the move itself?

pretty plain to see i'm asking to learn. yes my understanding is israel is a formal country which is why i don't get the anger behind the move. but you are just here starting shit and i just flushed.

have a nice day.

because whether I like it or not or agree with it or not, east Jerusalem is disputed. the region is already a tinderbox so the point is that given that is the case, what gain is there for our country in doing this now?

the answer is there is none. ham-handed Donald did it because it is what his evangelical crazies want. and it makes us talk about this instead of the fact that the special prosecutor just got his bank records from Deutsche bank.

capisce?

What is the NET - and I mean, above and beyond the anger this is stirring - positive of this move?

Donald wants to create distractions so we don't think about the criminality of him and everyone around him. He also wants to keep his evangelical crazies happy.

This is going to get people killed. (Even if I believe it's something to work toward as part of a diplomatic effort)

Diplomacy has been ongoing for decades through multiple presidents from both parties.

Maybe if the Arab States stop getting the crumbs they beg for they may finally start negotiating in good faith.
is that what we have been waiting on? the arab nations to agree to this?

that would *never* happen. period.

but it doesn't mean it should be done in a thoughtless fashion that doesn't even give something in return.

that's part of the problem with the orange one destroying our state department. he's a ham-handed ignorant loon who doesn't understand the history.

Thoughtless fashion would have been doing it 5 days into his administration. I'm sure he talked at length about it with his foreign policy people.

The State Department had a chance to go along with the new admin, they decided to be partisan idiots and not civil servants. Same as the other executive branches.

Your preference for rule by unelected bureaucrats is typical of the lefty desire for control by powerful people not responsible to the masses. Its the only way you get your policies implemented.

interesting question. the answer is that it's as peaceful as it's going to get right now.

why start another full blown war? surely Israel doesn't need that. and if anyone was running things there besides Netanyahu, they would have told Donald not to do it this way.

Pretty much never. But there are levels of war, and this is just inviting trouble.

then, given they arab states would never agree to this move and given there is never peace in that region, what are we waiting for to recognize what israel wants?

You mean just let the fake jews take their homes in the west bank. Gaza, the largest outdoor prison.

Blah blah blah "I hatez teh joooooooos!!!' blah blah blah.

Go tweak a crematorium you nazi hack.

see, you need to stop that idiocy. it gets you nothing. it's false and alie4 and it makes people like me who might have some sympathy for at least some of your positions in the region say "screw you".

:thup:

Come on Jillian, we know Israel was to be set up as a secular country, half to the Palestinians and half to the secular Jews, and Jerusalem was to be divided. You so called Jews have been stealing and killing the Palestine since you moved there, 80% Palestinians and 20% Jews, and now its just the opposite. Israelites are doing what was in the OT, killing and genocide of the area. Stealing every moral of land by force.

but it doesn't mean it should be done in a thoughtless fashion that doesn't even give something in return.

that's part of the problem with the orange one destroying our state department. he's a ham-handed ignorant loon who doesn't understand the history.

Thoughtless fashion would have been doing it 5 days into his administration. I'm sure he talked at length about it with his foreign policy people.

The State Department had a chance to go along with the new admin, they decided to be partisan idiots and not civil servants. Same as the other executive branches.

Your preference for rule by unelected bureaucrats is typical of the lefty desire for control by powerful people not responsible to the masses. Its the only way you get your policies implemented.

Donald has no state department. he has no one who knows anything.

he talked to Jarrod. that is what they do in banana republics.

as for "rule by unelected bureaucrats".... I want SMART PEOPLE running things. I want SMART PEOPLE giving advice..... not a sociopath and his idiot sun-in-law who only got into college because his daddy made a 2 million dollar donation.

Call me anti semite, who in the hell cares, it means nothing.

then, given they arab states would never agree to this move and given there is never peace in that region, what are we waiting for to recognize what israel wants?
As I said, an absence of peace is not static. We know what's going to happen now. I hope it will have been worth the political gain.

Not according to most Arab States:

International recognition of Israel - Wikipedia

Some of these countries are even so petty that if you have an Israeli STAMP on your non-Israeli passport they will deny you entry. It's why many americans who do business with Israel need two passports.

Much like any of your posts.

Much like any of your posts.

Read my lips, I do not care. I agree with many Jews, not the zealot ones.

It shakes up the apple cart, and maybe the cart needs shaking.

Once again the wisdom of Clauswitz is applicable here. What we have in the middle east isn't peace, it is nothing more than an armistice because the underlying causes of the conflict have never been resolved. And until all the Arab states recognize Israel as a country with a right to exist (or they drive every jew into the sea) you will not have a true Clauswitzian resolution to the conflict.

Donald has no state department. he has no one who knows anything.

he talked to Jarrod. that is what they do in banana republics.

as for "rule by unelected bureaucrats".... I want SMART PEOPLE running things. I want SMART PEOPLE giving advice..... not a sociopath and his idiot sun-in-law who only got into college because his daddy made a 2 million dollar donation.

Yeah, you assume that based on what?

Another progressive willing to give up freedom to be told how to live and what to do by their "betters"

Lemmings, all of you.

Jooooooosss!!!!!

Forum List

Back