Trump Issues Formal Order To Bolton To Not Publish Book

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
White House issues formal threat to Bolton to keep him from publishing book

"The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. The letter comes in the midst of President Donald Trump attacking Bolton on Twitter, and Bolton’s lawyer accusing the White House of corrupting the vetting process for Bolton’s book by sharing the contents of the book with those outside the National Security Council’s Records Management Division."

Trump once again owns that long time Democrat operative John Bolton....

Totally awesome!!

I doubt Trump believes this threat will stop the book from being published...he tried this with other books, so its just something he normally does...to show the public how much he doesn't even care about these books...because the best way to show that you don't care about some goofy book being published is to give it more publicity by threatening to block a book from being published...

Obviously, the book will be published eventually... but at least he can do all he can to slow up the process --at least until AFTER the election...and that will be a win for Trump and America overall...and a loss for the evil Dems and Satan....

Last edited:
It is all about suppressing the truth. Bolton knows where all the skeletons are buried and how they got there.

It is all about suppressing the truth. Bolton knows where all the skeletons are buried and how they got there.

WASHINGTON — The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

He he, yet no actual evidence that such a threat actually occurred.

"sources familiar with the matter tell CNN"

Until the letter is produced, or some other definitive evidence is forthcoming, I remain skeptical since the Bolton claims were never a "bombshell', certainly not a impeachable offense anyway, since ALL the aid was already sent by September 15 of last year, without any actual Quid Pro-quo activity as PUBLICLY stated by Two Ukrainian Presidents, who clearly stated they were NOT pressured by Trump.

LINK

It is at best His word against Trumps word, not good enough in a trial, and from a proven hostile "witness" since he was fired/resigned over serious policy disagreements with that same man he is accusing.

Last edited:
The White House has sent a letter to former national security adviser John Bolton seeking to block publication of certain aspects of his book.

In a letter obtained by The Hill, a National Security Council official said review of Bolton's manuscript determined it contained "significant amounts of classified information."

"Under federal law and the nondisclosure agreements your client signed as a condition for gaining access to classified information, the manuscript may not be published or otherwise disclosed without the deletion of this classified information," Ellen J. Knight Senior Director for Records, Access, and Information Security Management wrote to Bolton's attorney in a letter dated Jan. 23.

Knight said some of the information included reaches the threshold of being "top secret" based on a preliminary assessment. The National Security Council's records division is still reviewing the document, she said, and would provide additional guidance to Bolton once it is complete.

"We will do our best to work with you to ensure your client's ability to tell his story in a manner that protects U.S. national security," she wrote.

White House seeks to block publication of Bolton's book

If the Senate votes to subpoena Bolton, I'm pretty sure Trump is going to cite executive privilege to prevent that from happening. I sincerely doubt Chief Justice Roberts will make the call on whether that is legal or not, and I imagine it would have to go through the courts.

WASHINGTON — The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

Until the letter is produced, or some other definitive evidence is forthcoming, I remain skeptical since the Bolton claims were never a "bombshell', certainly not a impeachable offense anyway, since ALL the aid was already sent by September 15 of last year, without any actual Quid Pro-quo activity as PUBLICLY stated by Two Ukrainian Presidents, who clearly stated they were NOT pressured by Trump.

LINK

It is at best His word against Trumps word, not good enough in a trial, and from a proven hostile "witness" since he was fired/resigned over serious policy disagreements with that same man he is accusing.
Why do you remain skeptical when you already know once it is clear that Trump is trying to block publishing of the book -- you will still won't care.....

I don't really care if Bolton publishes the book or not -- but for Trump to claim not to care -- he is not doing a very good job of showing it...

"The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. The letter comes in the midst of President Donald Trump attacking Bolton on Twitter, and Bolton’s lawyer accusing the White House of corrupting the vetting process for Bolton’s book by sharing the contents of the book with those outside the National Security Council’s Records Management Division."

Totally awesome!!

I doubt Trump believes this threat will stop the book from being published...he tried this with other books, so its just something he normally does...to show the public how much he doesn't even care about these books...because the best way to show that you don't care about some goofy book being published is to give it more publicity by threatening to block a book from being published...

Obviously, the book will be published eventually... but at least he can do all he can to slow up the process --at least until AFTER the election...and that will be a win for Trump and America overall...and a loss for the evil Dems and Satan....

What is the threat according to sources close to CNN?

So -

Sources familiar with the matter, is CNN code for the National Security Council who wishes to not release classified material.

Thanks CNN -

LINK

Why do you remain skeptical when you already know once it is clear that Trump is trying to block publishing of the book -- you will still won't care.....

I don't really care if Bolton publishes the book or not -- but for Trump to claim not to care -- he is not doing a very good job of showing it...

I care about first hand evidence and witnesses, Post 6 posted the LETTER that Post one didn't provide, it was dated to January 23, 2020 with credible and reasonable argument to prevent publishing the book for reasons stated in the Letter.

Here is the LETTER in full

You should realize Bolton's allegations are not going to help anyway since, it is unsupported, and that the TWO Presidents of Ukraine stated they were never pressured, public statements which YOU and many others here in the forum repeatedly IGNORE!

Ha ha ha ha ha......

The White House has sent a letter to former national security adviser John Bolton seeking to block publication of certain aspects of his book.

In a letter obtained by The Hill, a National Security Council official said review of Bolton's manuscript determined it contained "significant amounts of classified information."

"Under federal law and the nondisclosure agreements your client signed as a condition for gaining access to classified information, the manuscript may not be published or otherwise disclosed without the deletion of this classified information," Ellen J. Knight Senior Director for Records, Access, and Information Security Management wrote to Bolton's attorney in a letter dated Jan. 23.

Knight said some of the information included reaches the threshold of being "top secret" based on a preliminary assessment. The National Security Council's records division is still reviewing the document, she said, and would provide additional guidance to Bolton once it is complete.

"We will do our best to work with you to ensure your client's ability to tell his story in a manner that protects U.S. national security," she wrote.

White House seeks to block publication of Bolton's book

If the Senate votes to subpoena Bolton, I'm pretty sure Trump is going to cite executive privilege to prevent that from happening. I sincerely doubt Chief Justice Roberts will make the call on whether that is legal or not, and I imagine it would have to go through the courts.

"Under federal law and the nondisclosure agreements your client signed as a condition for gaining access to classified information, the manuscript may not be published or otherwise disclosed without the deletion of this classified information,"

Maybe Bolton can talk about Hillary's yoga classes?

LINK

I care about first hand evidence and witnesses, Post 6 posted the LETTER that Post one didn't provide, it was dated to January 23, 2020 with credible and reasonable argument to prevent publishing the book for reasons stated in the Letter.

You should realize Bolton's allegations are not going to help anyway since, it is unsupported, and that the TWO Presidents of Ukraine stated they were never pressured, public statements which YOU and many others here in the forum repeatedly IGNORE!

Ha ha ha ha ha......
How dare they want to keep Top Secret information secret! Damn NAZI!

LINK

Ha ha ha ha ha......
Unsupported by what under oath testimony??

Can you name any witness for Trump who had evidence to refute the facts -- that did it under oath??

I'll wait

LINK

Ha ha ha ha ha......
How dare they want to keep Top Secret information secret! Damn NAZI!
They had the manuscript for a month...did it take them that long to read it to Trump because of all of the big words??

And they decided that now because of the leak -- they have to issue this threat?

Totally awesome!!

Trump once again showing he is the most 'transparent President' in history!

Forum List

Back