Trump: ‘I’m a Nationalist and a Globalist’

Nationalism is different from isolationism. Trump will do whatever is best for american even if that requires global co-operation
Global cooperation doesn't mean one is a globalist. In this context, that means doing what's best for the globe, even at a cost to America.
Collectivism is a fool's idea

Can you both be selfish and nationalist?

Sure you can. Just demand your government to be capitalistic. Then what you do to max out your profit will be what maximizes productivity as a whole.

My universe doesn't revolve around every utterance that comes out of Donald's mouth. I am amazed that he controls so much air time in the minds of so many. The word nationalist is the leftists' new way of insulting patriotism. I think conservative need to take better ownership of language, the left pushes agendas by manipulating language.

My guess is that Trump feels he is a patriot and is working for the best interests of America but is not an isolationist. We live in a global world and economy and I don't think Trump spent much time developing political lingo.

It's obvious leftist will mince any words to destroy his efforts because that's what they do, tear their enemies apart because honesty isn't going to forward their agenda.

can you be a nationalist and a freaking globalist at the same time?

does anybody here has a clue?

Yes, I can explain.

Trump does not believe we should let in hordes of terrorists so he is a nationalist. On the other hand, he also doesn't think America should watch as Kim Jong Un completes his nukes and exports them to the USA.

Forum List

Back