Trump: I Have Investigators in Hawaii...'They Cannot Believe What They're Finding'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shudder. What a mess that would be. Or would it?

Pretty definitely. It could be legitimately argued that, if he was ineligible to run for President, everything he did while fraudulently holding the office is invalidated and void. At the very least, it would make every decision he made and every bill he signed into law fair game to be challenged.

I'm not even sure who would have the jurisdiction to decide how that situation would be handled, since it's unprecedented. The Supreme Court, perhaps, if only because we seem to default to letting them decide everything these days, whether it's properly their jurisdiction or not.

Would Biden become prez if that were the case? Or would that be invalid as well since he was also duped?
The mind boggles.

Doesn't matter if he was duped. Being a dimwit isn't exactly a bar to holding elected office, or Biden wouldn't be VP in the first place.

One assumes that, since Biden WAS eligible to run for office, that would mean HIS election, at least, was valid, and he would then take over as President and choose a new VP.

I dont think so, Cecilie. Then again, Im no expert. But Arnie wanted to run for prez and he couldnt because he was not born here. The whole point of the highest office is, one has to be a natural born citizen. The person running..not his parents. At least, thats what I think the founding fathers had in mind. But again...Im no expert.

Were Arnie's parents born here? Also, there is that little, hard to explain birth announcement that continues to be conveniently ignored by birthers.

No. His parents were born in...Austria? Somewhere over there. I remember long ago he said he wanted to run....but couldnt due to not being born here. His own words. Cant provide a link though cuz it was a very long time ago and I dont remember when he said it or what channel.

Would Biden become prez if that were the case? Or would that be invalid as well since he was also duped?
The mind boggles.

Doesn't matter if he was duped. Being a dimwit isn't exactly a bar to holding elected office, or Biden wouldn't be VP in the first place.

One assumes that, since Biden WAS eligible to run for office, that would mean HIS election, at least, was valid, and he would then take over as President and choose a new VP.

Unles....double shudder...both are deemed invalid and...gulp...McCain/Palin will take over.:eek:

I dont think so, Cecilie. Then again, Im no expert. But Arnie wanted to run for prez and he couldnt because he was not born here. The whole point of the highest office is, one has to be a natural born citizen. The person running..not his parents. At least, thats what I think the founding fathers had in mind. But again...Im no expert.

Schwarzenegger can't be President, not because he was born in another country, but because he was born to parents who were both citizens of another country. Remember that John McCain was ALSO not born in the United States. But he's a natural-born citizen, because both of his parents were citizens.

Natural-born citizenship is conveyed two ways: either your parents are US citizens, which means you are as well, or you were born in the US itself, regardless of your parents' citizenship, which is why we have the whole "anchor baby" issue.

My brother-in-law was born in Japan, because my FIL was in the Air Force. My BIL is still a natural-born US citizen, though, because both of his parents were.

Were Arnie's parents born here? Also, there is that little, hard to explain birth announcement that continues to be conveniently ignored by birthers.

No. His parents were born in...Austria? Somewhere over there. I remember long ago he said he wanted to run....but couldnt due to not being born here. His own words. Cant provide a link though cuz it was a very long time ago and I dont remember when he said it or what channel.

I don't need a link, I just didn't know the answer.

Im pretty sure there would be much wringing of hands and lots of topics if this were to be true. Lets hope Trump gets trumped just to avoid the mess.

Well, he's correct, so far as it goes. He WASN'T born here. However, if - for example - his father had been the US ambassador to wherever, and he'd been born in that country because his parents were there due to their job, then he would still have US citizenship.

I can't imagine our Founding Fathers would ever have intended for the children of citizens to be deprived of citizenship simply because their parents happened to be traveling when their mothers went into labor. And to my knowledge, the law has not been interpreted that way, either.

The mind boggles.

Unles....double shudder...both are deemed invalid and...gulp...McCain/Palin will take over.:eek:

What in Heaven's name are you talking about? If both the President and the Vice-President are unable to fulfill the duties of the office, the Speaker of the House takes over. At the moment, that would be John Boehner.

Im pretty sure there would be much wringing of hands and lots of topics if this were to be true. Lets hope Trump gets trumped just to avoid the mess.

I'd like to have the whole topic settled and gone once and for all. It's ridiculous that the White House has allowed it to go on this long, rather than definitively putting it to rest.

I'd like to have the whole topic settled and gone once and for all. It's ridiculous that the White House has allowed it to go on this long, rather than definitively putting it to rest.

What would do it though?
I thought that the certificate had been produced and hospital's leading surgeon (or some such person) had verified it's authenticity.

What would do it though?
I thought that the certificate had been produced and hospital's leading surgeon (or some such person) had verified it's authenticity.

Why in Heaven's name would you think THAT?

The mind boggles.

Actually John McCain would be president since the original decision of the electoral college was invalid. He was the runner up.
But even if it were discovered that Obama were not born here I don't think anyone would do anything about it.

He's ranting about Obama on Morning Joe. Everyone is begging him to stop for his own good.

I wonder when they're going to bring up his bitch fights with Rosie O'Donnell and Martha Stewart. Smart guy but there's a fine line between genius and insanity.

What would do it though?

Well, there's any amount of reporting on it
FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.
seems pretty thorough.

HONOLULU (AP) State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine | KXNet.com North Dakota News

And much, much more.
There are even pictures of it.

Last edited:
What would do it though?

Well, there's any amount of reporting on it
FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.
seems pretty thorough.

HONOLULU (AP) State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine | KXNet.com North Dakota News

And much, much more.
There are even pictures of it.

Pat Buchanan also brought up on Morning Joe this morning that if they had travelled here after his birth, there would be passport and travel records. If Repubs are really concerned, why not look into that as well.

Just for funzies, what if it was found out that Obama really wasnt born in Hawaii? Then what?

The law is NOT clear. The Constitution requires the President be a NATURAL Born citizen. That requires Congress to define. My personal opinion is that ANYONE born ANYWHERE of an American is a NATURAL Born citizen.

The mind boggles.

Actually John McCain would be president since the original decision of the electoral college was invalid. He was the runner up.
But even if it were discovered that Obama were not born here I don't think anyone would do anything about it.

This isn't the Miss America pageant, where they take the crown from the winner and give it to the first runner-up. To my knowledge, there is no provision in the law for removing someone from office and giving the office to the guy he beat in the election. There IS, however, a provision in the law for replacing a President who has been removed from office. Granted, the law expects that to be by way of impeachment, since the circumstance has never come up that someone won the Presidential election, took office, and was subsequently found to have been ineligible to hold it.

Just for funzies, what if it was found out that Obama really wasnt born in Hawaii? Then what?

The law is NOT clear. The Constitution requires the President be a NATURAL Born citizen. That requires Congress to define. My personal opinion is that ANYONE born ANYWHERE of an American is a NATURAL Born citizen.

So far as I know, that is how the law has been applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back