Trump grants clemency to two Army officers

Some people just love war crimes
Tell us all about YOUR military service. If you have none, STFU.

Ok. I was in the Army for nine years. Four years with the 82nd Airborne Division. 307th Engineer Battalion. I fought in Panama, and Desert Storm, or Gulf War Number One. Do I have the moral authority to speak out against war crimes now?

Yes I think they were war crimes. Yes, I think the convictions were earned. Yes, I believe the President has the right to Pardon anyone, for any reason, or no reason. It doesn’t matter if I think the Pardon was right or wrong. I know the Constitution gives the President the authority to do just that. And I will argue for the right of any President, to use that power, in any way they see fit.

I jumped out of Airplanes. I have the bad knees and back to prove it. I risked life and limb to do my job for the Country. But it is not my military service that gives me the right to speak out against war crimes. It was my Birth as an American Citizen that gave me the right to speak out. It’s called the First Amendment and if you were a Vet, you would know that it applies to everyone.

New Topics

Forum List

Back