Trump got played by Little Rocket Man

What did Trump give the little wad?

Nothing so how did he get played
Holy shit.

He cancelled military exercises with South Korea.
He displayed the American flag next to the North Korean flag.
He elevated Kim in the eyes of the world.
He made China stronger.
He made South Korea weaker.
He made the United States weaker as the leader of the world.
He gave him an Elton John CD.

Trump told us this in June:

Trump says North Korea no longer a nuclear threat

Now?

View attachment 206466

In private, Trump vents frustration over lack of progress on North Korea

I thought he was ‘the negotiator’ who got great deals? In reality, they are reneging on returning bodies and Trump is letting them. Because he sold it as a success and can’t deal with setbacks.

Ya got a link on the canceled meeting there slick?
Yeah, it’s in the OP there slick.

Now?

View attachment 206466

I thought he was ‘the negotiator’ who got great deals? In reality, they are reneging on returning bodies and Trump is letting them. Because he sold it as a success and can’t deal with setbacks.

Kim didn’t meet Pompeo, possibly because of potatoes
Now that’s a fucking slap down of Pompeo and Trumpy.

Now?

View attachment 206466

You realize Pompeo wasn't scheduled to meet with Kim...right?
Terms of Service Violation
Not when potatoes need inspecting!

Now?

View attachment 206466

You realize Pompeo wasn't scheduled to meet with Kim...right?
Terms of Service Violation

you don't realize that he was supposta meet with un, but got burned?

Pompeo failure to get face time with Kim Jong-un casts pall over nuke talks
By Guy Taylor - The Washington Times - Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Mr. Kim’s decision not to meet with Mr. Pompeo in Pyongyang last weekend has not only prompted doubts about the veracity of his commitment to denuclearizing, it has also triggered speculation about the North Korean leader’s whereabouts.

Mr. Kim’s exploits are normally a source of constant coverage in North Korean media. But he was suddenly and surprisingly absent from state media headlines during the days leading up to and immediately following Mr. Pompeo’s visit Friday and Saturday.

While Trump administration officials had told reporters in Washington the secretary of state would be connecting face-to-face with Mr. Kim, the meeting never materialized. Mr. Pompeo instead met in Pyongyang last weekend with Kim Young Chol, a top adviser to the North Korean leader.
[...]
Pompeo failure to get face time with Kim Jong-un casts pall over nuke talks

Now?

View attachment 206466

Great, someone that can't read. Which part of "Ya got a link on the canceled meeting" is difficult to understand?

Now?

View attachment 206466

Great, someone that can't read. Which part of "Ya got a link on the canceled meeting" is difficult to understand?
What part of "it is in the OP" do you not understand?

I don't recall or believe that Trump ever made the statement that "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat". When did he make that statement?
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

2:56 AM - 13 Jun 2018

I don't recall or believe that Trump ever made the statement that "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat". When did he make that statement?
Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

Thanks. That was obviously an idiotic thing for Trump to tweet and I stand corrected. Thanks again.

Now?

View attachment 206466

Yeah, a tweet is not really news...dumbass.

What part of "it is in the OP" do you not understand?

Thanks. That was obviously an idiotic thing for Trump to tweet and I stand corrected. Thanks again.
Yes, its kind of idiotic, but I also get the sentiment. Sometimes leaders have to say things they want to be true, because they are engaging in efforts to make them true. I just don't think Trump has the tools available to do this with subtlety or class.

Yes, its kind of idiotic, but I also get the sentiment. Sometimes leaders have to say things they want to be true, because they are engaging in efforts to make them true. I just don't think Trump has the tools available to do this with subtlety or class.

My personal view of getting North Korea to disarm is quite different than Trump's and, perhaps, everybody else's.

China is the one that tacitly approved of North Korea acquiring a nuclear weapons arsenal. If it's good for North Korea, why not South Korea and Japan? For that matter, why not Taiwan?

If I were president, I would work to persuade Japan and South Korea to agree to build nuclear arsenals of their own IF North Korea did not verifiably dismantle theirs. The three of us would quietly sit down with China and inform them of such. And, if China didn't want to compel North Korea to disarm, then they too would build nuclear arsenals. I would also create a formal alliance with South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and the Phillipines wherein an attack on one is an attack by all. We would also inform China that, any attack by North Korea would be considered an attack by China, which would necessitate an attack upon China.

I believe that China would make sure North Korea was disarmed IF they were faced with the above response.

Yeah but democrat icon Harry Truman lost about 50,000 Americans in about three years and got played by Stalinists and Maoists and left us with an unstable area for the better part of 65 years. President Trump is the only president since Eisenhower who has had the balls to address the N.K. issue except maybe Bill Clinton who decided to sell the unstable regime enough nuclear hardware and technology to build a freaking Bomb. So far we have had three Americans released by N.K. and a promise to sit at the negotiation table and return the remains of U.S. servicemen who were abandoned by Harry Truman. I'd call that a victory.

So far we have had three Americans released by N.K.
And 10 US prisoners were released by NK while Obama was president.All without Obama licking Kim's boots:

"He’s got a very good personality, he’s funny, and he’s very, very smart... He's a great negotiator, and he’s a very strategic kind of a guy.” - Donnie on Kimmie

promise to sit at the negotiation table
North Korea invited each of the last 4 presidents ti the negotiating table. They refused. Accepting this invitation is not an accomplishment.

I disagree with Trump's handling of North Korea, just like I disagreed with Obama, Bush, etc. However, I also disagree with the characterization that "Trump got played" as I doubt that Trump necessarily believes Jung-un on anything, despite his tweets.

I disagree with Trump's handling of North Korea, just like I disagreed with Obama, Bush, etc. However, I also disagree with the characterization that "Trump got played" as I doubt that Trump necessarily believes Jung-un on anything, despite his tweets.
Out of curiosity, how is it possible to disagree with President Trump's handling of North Korea and also disagree with the part where the left claims that Trump got played? Three N.K. prisoners were released without spending a dime and the quirky regime sat a a negotiation table for the first time in the better part of a century. Trump never promised a rose garden and yet he achieved success that other presidents wouldn't even try for sixty five years. Is there something about peer pressure that doesn't allow alleged independent thinkers from coming to the logical conclusion regarding the President?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back