Trump Goes There! Calls Out Ilhan Omar’s Shady Marriage

Oh my God....
It is so embarrassing to have our President tweeting about ridiculous social media rumors like "she married her brother." I mean, this is beyond bad.

It seems the marriage was to aid her brother in attaining citizenship, which is a felony. Here is a timeline of the busy little bee Omar as she flits from marriage to marriage while filing some interesting tax returns, getting elected to office then quickly divorcing her brother. Nothing to see here, right?

OMAR’S MARRIAGES AND TAXES
2002: Omar applies for license to marry Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi, then named Ahmed Abdisalan Aden, according to Hennepin County records. Records show a marriage certificate wasn’t issued, and Omar has said they didn’t pursue a civil marriage but instead married in their Muslim “faith tradition,” according to the AP.

2008: Omar and Hirsi end their relationship, according to Omar. They had two children by this time.

2009: Omar marries Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, according to a Hennepin County marriage certificate. Elmi, a British citizen, is the person some conservative media have alleged to be Omar’s brother as part of an immigration scheme. Omar has strongly denied this. Last year, the AP extensively looked into this allegation.

2011: Omar and Elmi end their relationship and divorce in their faith tradition, according to Omar, but they take no legal action to end the marriage until 2017.

2012: Omar and Hirsi reunite and have a third child, according to Hennepin County records.

2014: Omar and Hirsi file joint tax returns, according to the Campaign Finance Board.

2015: Omar and Hirsi again file joint tax returns, according to Campaign Finance Board report.
During both these years, Omar remains legally married to Elmi and not legally married to Hirsi, although she and Hirsi are together. It’s not known whether they filed jointly for any other years. State and federal laws appear to say that Omar and Hirsi should not have been allowed to file jointly during these years. The Campaign Finance Board does not possess the actual tax filings, and the Pioneer Press was unable to review them.

2016: Attorney Carla Kjellberg is hired by Omar’s campaign as part of a “crisis committee” to address issues related to her marital and immigration status and history. Kjellberg hires accounting firm Frederick & Rosen to review Omar’s financial records. Frederick & Rosen review Omar’s 2014 and 2015 tax filings and report that something in Omar’s tax filings needs to be corrected, according to the Campaign Finance Board. In a recent interview with campaign finance officials, Kjellberg describes it as “correcting something that could have been detrimental to Ms. Omar.”
In November, Omar is elected to the Minnesota House — the first time she has held elected office.

RELATED: A history of Ilhan Omar’s brief but busy (and sometimes messy) political career

2017: Omar files for divorce from Elmi. Kjellberg serves as her divorce attorney. Kjellberg was not paid for the divorce work by Omar’s campaign.

2018: Omar’s marriage to Elmi legally ends in divorce early in the year. A month later, she legally marries Hirsi. In November, Omar is elected to Congress.

June 2019: The Minnesota Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board reveals that Omar and Hirsi filed joint tax returns as part of a report from an investigation into whether Omar’s campaign violated state spending and reporting requirements. The campaign did commit violations, the report concludes, and Omar is ordered to reimburse her former campaign committee nearly $3,500, mostly for personal travel, and is fined $500. Omar says she will comply.

Gosh, he is such an embarrassment to America.... such a purposeful, divisive, idiot!

Oh my God....
It is so embarrassing to have our President tweeting about ridiculous social media rumors like "she married her brother." I mean, this is beyond bad.
guess you havent heard,,,its not a rumor anymore,,,
No, I hadn't. I just did a Google search and found the same articles I did the last time I searched it a few months ago.
You should really read this.
FACT CHECK: Did U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar Marry Her Brother?

Oh my God....

No, what is embarrassing is people like you sticking up for this Mooslim piece of shit who mocks our laws and hates our county.

Gosh, he is such an embarrassment to America.... such a purposeful, divisive, idiot!

And you're another fucking piece of shit defending the Islamo-Fascist and attacking the president who is calling out the Islamo-Fascist vermin. Fucking asshole.

Oh my God....
No, I hadn't. I just did a Google search and found the same articles I did the last time I searched it a few months ago.

you still use snopes???

no wonder youre so ignorant,,,

Oh my God....

No, what is embarrassing is people like you sticking up for this Mooslim piece of shit who mocks our laws and hates our county.

And you're another fucking piece of shit defending the Islamo-Fascist and attacking the president who is calling out the Islamo-Fascist vermin. Fucking asshole.
I don't even know who she is. It doesn't matter. It is our President's gossiping over cheap political mud that I was talking about.
Is she the same gal that you birds were having a fit over wearing her headscarf in the House?

They locked up Manafort AND levied huge fines on him, a first time offender (victimless crime). I thought debtors prison was obsolete?

But, they say this Omar should be let go......because she denies it?

Oh my God....

you still use snopes???

no wonder youre so ignorant,,,
What's the matter with it? Except reporting that they can't confirm half the garbage being put out by the far-right mud slingers?

They locked up Manafort AND levied huge fines on him, a first time offender (victimless crime). I thought debtors prison was obsolete?

But, they say this Omar should be let go......because she denies it?

I didn't realize tax evasion wasn't a crime.

Forum List

Back