Trump Fails to Deliver for Putin

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders have reached an agreement on sweeping sanctions legislation to punish Russia for its election meddling and aggression toward its neighbors, they said Saturday, defying the White House’s argument that President Trump needs flexibility to adjust the sanctions to fit his diplomatic initiatives with Moscow.

The new legislation sharply limits the president’s ability to suspend or terminate the sanctions — a remarkable handcuffing by a Republican-led Congress six months into Mr. Trump’s tenure. It is also the latest Russia-tinged turn for a presidency consumed by investigations into the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian officials last year.

Mr. Trump could soon face a decision: veto the bill — a move that would fuel accusations that he is doing the bidding of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — or sign legislation imposing sanctions his administration abhors.”

Congress Reaches Deal on Russia Sanctions, Creating Tough Choice for Trump

Unlike Trump, Congressional Republicans don’t believe Russian interference in American elections is ‘fake news.’

I see this board is once again in full, 'feel-good' Bash-Trump mode with about 10 bashing threads. I guess whatever makes you feel better when nothing is really going your way.

So, they had a veto proof vote?

If Trump vetoes it, then it can be reviewed by the courts and still be put into action.
So, they are touting a victory when it isn't even law yet.

/thread

You think Trump is going to veto a bill that was so heavily approved by the Senate and House? For him to veto it and have it stick, he has to have a good reason for it, otherwise his veto will get overturned by the Supreme Court. He won't have a good reason to veto it... unless he wants to admit it is to make Putin happy, and that excuse isn't going to cut it.

If Trump vetoes it, then it can be reviewed by the courts and still be put into action.

/thread

You think Trump is going to veto a bill that was so heavily approved by the Senate and House? For him to veto it and have it stick, he has to have a good reason for it, otherwise his veto will get overturned by the Supreme Court. He won't have a good reason to veto it... unless he wants to admit it is to make Putin happy, and that excuse isn't going to cut it.
No, you assume it will get turned over, just as you assumed I said Trump was going to veto this.

What I said was that these people are touting a great victory over Trump when this is NOT even a law yet.

Have a nice day.

/thread

No, you assume it will get turned over, just as you assumed I said Trump was going to veto this.

What I said was that these people are touting a great victory over Trump when this is NOT even a law yet.

Have a nice day.

The only thing stopping it from becoming a law would be if Trump vetoed it. Your argument doesn't make a lick of sense.

They will override his veto if he veto it. It also give the GOP to work harder to get Pence in Trump place if Pence is not tarnished too much...

The one thing we can all conclude from history that is absolutely certain is that NONE OF YOU PEOPLE have the slightest clue what Trump will do next or what the actual outcome will be. In fact, the more dire the prediction I read here, the better he has always fared EVERY SINGLE TIME. Yet you never give up trying AND thinking you will be right! Isn't that the very definition of insanity???

Forum List

Back