Trump downgraded to "bad" on immigration

All you've done on this board lately is bash, Trump you might as well be on Hillary's campaign team..Rubio was weak. He let idiots like Chuck Schumer play him for a fool and he paid for it. Without tha,t he would have been the nominee

And whenever Trump waffles on claims he made in the primary, I am going to continue to bash him and criticize him. He doesn't get a free pass because he's not Hillary. There are 350 million Americans who aren't Hillary. That's no reason to dogmatically accept whatever Trump says.

You can say Rubio was weak but his immigration policy wasn't much different than what Trump proposes... just when Rubio offered it, you called it "amnesty" and with Trump you're not. I personally like Trump's 10-point plan, it's very similar to the Cruz plan... but again, when Cruz made virtually the same proposals, you called it "amnesty" because he didn't want to deport EVERYONE.

Make no mistake, what Trump is proposing is enormously better than anything Hillary wants to do. However, he still hasn't answered the question of what we do about the millions of illegal aliens who are already here and he seems to be vaguely indicating he will not deport them. Does that mean "amnesty?" Sounds like it does to me.

What amnesty? If little kids were brought here and lived here all their lives Whats wrong with letting them stay here? We've got to secure the border, get rid of people who've overstayed their visas get rid of criminals send back recent illegals. Not let 100s of thousands of unvetted muslims in from the middle east in here it's very simple..Why do you support Hillary?
If little kids were brought here and lived here all their lives Whats wrong with letting them stay here?
Well, because their parents broke the law and have to be deported. So are we going to take their children into state custody? Little kids can't care for themselves can they? I don't understand why you don't see what's wrong here.... the parents have to go... what do we do with their kids?

I understand all the rest.. secure the border... overstaying visas... criminals, unvetted Muslims... I got it... but that has nothing to do with this. What happens to the children of illegal aliens who have to be deported? Do we take the children away from their parents? Is that what you want to do? You say "let them stay" but where? With who? Who's going to be responsible for their support?

You are foolishly accepting the emotive bleats of the progressive liberals. Oh...what about the poor little children who find themselves in this predicament through no fault of their own... well what about poor little children who's parents rob banks and commit murders? It's not THEIR fault! But yet, we have a process to handle that and it's sad but it's how we have to handle the situation. Sometimes life is unfair and unfair things happen to you through no fault of your own. Their parents shouldn't have broken the law! That's not MY fault.

What amnesty? If little kids were brought here and lived here all their lives Whats wrong with letting them stay here? We've got to secure the border, get rid of people who've overstayed their visas get rid of criminals send back recent illegals. Not let 100s of thousands of unvetted muslims in from the middle east in here it's very simple..Why do you support Hillary?
If little kids were brought here and lived here all their lives Whats wrong with letting them stay here?
Well, because their parents broke the law and have to be deported. So are we going to take their children into state custody? Little kids can't care for themselves can they? I don't understand why you don't see what's wrong here.... the parents have to go... what do we do with their kids?

I understand all the rest.. secure the border... overstaying visas... criminals, unvetted Muslims... I got it... but that has nothing to do with this. What happens to the children of illegal aliens who have to be deported? Do we take the children away from their parents? Is that what you want to do? You say "let them stay" but where? With who? Who's going to be responsible for their support?

You are foolishly accepting the emotive bleats of the progressive liberals. Oh...what about the poor little children who find themselves in this predicament through no fault of their own... well what about poor little children who's parents rob banks and commit murders? It's not THEIR fault! But yet, we have a process to handle that and it's sad but it's how we have to handle the situation. Sometimes life is unfair and unfair things happen to you through no fault of your own. Their parents shouldn't have broken the law! That's not MY fault.

"One of the most revealing contradictions of left-wing ideology is the determination of liberals to bring as many Third World “immigrants of color” as possible into the U.S., where, if those same liberals are to be believed, they will face bigotry of appalling proportions.

The ACLU, for example, claims that every institution of American government and private enterprise is pervaded by systemic bias against blacks and Hispanics. Cops lethally profile them; prosecutors and judges pack them off to prison because of the color of their skin; and universities, employers, and banks try to exclude them. (Such, also, is the position of the Obama administration.)

Yet that same ACLU sues to knock down any legislated impediment to bringing as many aliens of color as possible into the country and sues to prevent any aliens already here illegally from being deported. (Such efforts also dovetail with the Obama administration’s own policies.)

...... column in theNew York Times twisted itself into knots trying to claim that Donald Trump’s criticism of honor killings was an attempt to shore up white-male dominance and to demonize the non-white-male Other—just like lynchings in the Jim Crow South.

Had those hapless immigrants stayed in their countries of origin, they would not have had to face the discrimination and oppression that, according to the liberal intelligentsia, characterize the U.S. and other Western nations."
Sanctuary for the Civilized

I don't mean children, i mean adults who came here as children, some may not even know they are illegal...Children should be deported with their parents

I don't mean children, i mean adults who came here as children, some may not even know they are illegal...Children should be deported with their parents

Well then, where do you draw this arbitrary line of distinction? :dunno:

I'm sorry if someone doesn't know they're not a legal citizen of they've been here a long time... that doesn't change the condition of the situation.

What I am seeing more and more of is Trump's brigade of obnoxious supporters continue to morph into liberal progressives. Adopting the same little emotive bleats to justify allowing people to stay who don't belong here. Carving out little caveats and exceptions here and there... eventually, everyone pretty much gets a free pass if they're here already.... Amnesty. But you denigrated and smeared everyone in the primary for taking basically that same position.

So now... "deport them all" has turned into... if you came here last week and claim you've been here since you were a child... well, there's no documentation so I guess you get to stay because we have to take your word for it... Or maybe you sneak across the border with your 6 month old and then claim they were born here and are "anchor babies" ...we have no record, so I guess you get to stay. And hey... you've managed to escape detection the past 20 years or so, guess we can let you stay too! And oh... you've not mugged or raped anyone and you're a really good strawberry picker... I guess it's okay if you stay too. And if anyone has a problem with any of this they must be shills for Hillary.

Levin will vote Trump he's as much as said so..Trump has been great lately. He has a good tax reform plan. His immigration plan is yet to be released, but you bash him anyways..you've got the problem not me

I listen to Levin every day and he has not said that he will definitely vote for Trump. He still maintains he is undecided and will likely vote for Trump... which is where I stand as well.

Trump's "tax reform plan" is yet another thing he has "evolved" on from his primary position. He is now on record saying "we have to tax the rich-- just have to do it!" ...embarrassing, isn't it? That your GOP nominee is regurgitating left-wing memes like the true progressive he is. He has already "negotiated" away his top marginal tax rate cuts and his plan hasn't even been presented to Congress.

Personally, I liked his initial tax plan. I thought it was the best if we're not going to have a flat or fair tax... both of which I favor more. But when you cut out the top marginal tax cuts it's total shit because they are the only ones paying taxes. You've now got something only Democrats would support. Or total morons who have their heads entirely up Donald Trump's ass.

On immigration, he is now on record saying he is "softening his position on immigration" ....his words, buddy! Not mine! He has now abandoned his previous claims that illegals are "mostly criminals and rapists"... suddenly, he is saying "we have some really great people..." Which, that's fine... I don't mind him toning down the inflammatory rhetoric... I totally get it... but now he is morphing his plan into the same Gang of 8 nonsense that was the death knell for Marco Rubio. And again... your head is so far up his ass that you're going to just let that slide.

My thing is... I don't let shit slide... I have to remain true to my principles. I voted for George W. Bush but whenever he started spending like a big government liberal, I spoke out against that. I supported his dad but when he raised taxes after promising he wouldn't, I had to speak out. I'm not going to suddenly treat Trump differently.

American elections are based on the binary system.

Ultimately, it's Trump or Bill's wife.

All you've done on this board lately is bash, Trump you might as well be on Hillary's campaign team..Rubio was weak. He let idiots like Chuck Schumer play him for a fool and he paid for it. Without tha,t he would have been the nominee

And whenever Trump waffles on claims he made in the primary, I am going to continue to bash him and criticize him. He doesn't get a free pass because he's not Hillary. There are 350 million Americans who aren't Hillary. That's no reason to dogmatically accept whatever Trump says.

You can say Rubio was weak but his immigration policy wasn't much different than what Trump proposes... just when Rubio offered it, you called it "amnesty" and with Trump you're not. I personally like Trump's 10-point plan, it's very similar to the Cruz plan... but again, when Cruz made virtually the same proposals, you called it "amnesty" because he didn't want to deport EVERYONE.

Make no mistake, what Trump is proposing is enormously better than anything Hillary wants to do. However, he still hasn't answered the question of what we do about the millions of illegal aliens who are already here and he seems to be vaguely indicating he will not deport them. Does that mean "amnesty?" Sounds like it does to me.

"....what Trump is proposing is enormously better than anything Hillary wants to do."

That's hitting the nail on the head.

In addition to the primary claims that have catapulted Trump into his current postion, this one resonated with me:

"Donald Trump: As President, I’ll Reverse the Law That Prevents Churches from Endorsing Candidates"
Donald Trump: As President, I’ll Reverse the Law That Prevents Churches from Endorsing Candidates

Said law clearly is obviated by the first amendment.

Now...he may not do so......but..."The common wisdom holds that 'both parties' have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
Coulter, 11-27-03

You're right, which is why I may vote for Trump. But that doesn't mean I am going to roll over and accept things that are contrary to my principles. I'm not going to shut up and pretend whatever he says is fine by me. I'll give him credit when credit is due but I am also going to criticize what needs to be criticized.

This is OUR obligation in politics. We're not sheep electing a shepherd... we ARE the voice... the candidate represents US... not the other way around. It is our responsibility to hold our candidates accountable and their duty to listen to us.

You're right, which is why I may vote for Trump. But that doesn't mean I am going to roll over and accept things that are contrary to my principles. I'm not going to shut up and pretend whatever he says is fine by me. I'll give him credit when credit is due but I am also going to criticize what needs to be criticized.

This is OUR obligation in politics. We're not sheep electing a shepherd... we ARE the voice... the candidate represents US... not the other way around. It is our responsibility to hold our candidates accountable and their duty to listen to us.

" ....I am going to roll over and accept things that are contrary to my principles. I'm not going to shut up..."

I think we've already covered that....we're on the same page.

Forum List

Back