Trump delays GOP healthcare plan until after 2020 election.......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Wow. Looks like you guys who voted for Trump in the hopes that he would "repeal and replace" Obamacare were seriously lied to.

Not only has he been unable to do anything to the ACA other than try to gut it via EO's, Trump is now saying that while the GOP healthcare plan is gonna be great, and it will come at a lower cost than Obamacare, it's not going to happen until after the elections in 2020 when he (hopes) to have a GOP controlled Senate and House.

Personally? I don't think the GOP has any plans, or ever has had any plans for healthcare.

Trump Retreats on Health Care, Saying Republican Plan Will Appear Only After the 2020 Election

WASHINGTON — Even as he asked a court to cancel his predecessor’s signature domestic achievement, President Trump reassured Americans last week that they need not worry about the demise of the Affordable Care Act because Republicans would replace it with something better.

The fine print came Monday night: They will not have a replacement plan for at least 19 more months — and then only if Republicans win the 2020 election.

I find it shocking that not only is he not doing anything about health care in this term, but he's also said that he won't tackle the issue unless he the GOP takes the Senate and the House.

I wonder......................is this one of Trump's strategies for helping the GOP get elected? If so, it's one of the worst plans I've ever seen. People LIKE their health care and want it to continue.

Saying that there will be no plan until after the election and only if the GOP takes the House and Senate is beyond stupid.

Wow. Looks like you guys who voted for Trump in the hopes that he would "repeal and replace" Obamacare were seriously lied to.

Not only has he been unable to do anything to the ACA other than try to gut it via EO's, Trump is now saying that while the GOP healthcare plan is gonna be great, and it will come at a lower cost than Obamacare, it's not going to happen until after the elections in 2020 when he (hopes) to have a GOP controlled Senate and House.

Personally? I don't think the GOP has any plans, or ever has had any plans for healthcare.

Trump Retreats on Health Care, Saying Republican Plan Will Appear Only After the 2020 Election

WASHINGTON — Even as he asked a court to cancel his predecessor’s signature domestic achievement, President Trump reassured Americans last week that they need not worry about the demise of the Affordable Care Act because Republicans would replace it with something better.

The fine print came Monday night: They will not have a replacement plan for at least 19 more months — and then only if Republicans win the 2020 election.

you are late to the party...

Trump says no healthcare vote till after election

you are late to the party...

Trump says no healthcare vote till after election

Guess I need to ask the mods to merge my thread with the one you posted.

Hey Mods...............can I get a merge?

Trump did not screw up healthcare, the ACA did that. Whenever the dems want to give a new entitlement the middle class gets slammed. The ACA now has high premiums and high deductibles, so no one can afford to see a doctor. Healthcare before the ACA was far better.

Well. Trump just cost himself millions of votes with one policy statement.

Any fringe Reps or Indies who wanted/need a government healthcare solution - but were willing to see if Trump would provide one - will obviously now bolt in 2020.
Why would they wait until 2020? Even if Trump got back both houses, he could not even get an alternative through when he had them for 2 years. So there is ZERO, logical reason to believe he will do it if he gets them back again.

Shit...Trump not only broke yet another campaign promise...

Trump broke 80 promises in 100 days
Keeping score of Donald Trump’s campaign promises

...but he is a moron for announcing miles before the election that he will do NOTHING until after the election.

The Dems are going to roast him on this come 2020.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back