Trump Damages Tourism Industry BIGLY

vlad_hombre

VIP Member
Feb 7, 2017
I'm getting tired from all this winning ....

Though they may differ as to the wisdom of the move, the travel press and most travel experts are of one mind: They are currently drawing attention to an unintended consequence of the Trump-led efforts to stop many Muslims from coming to the U.S., pointing to a sharp drop in foreign tourism to our nation that imperils jobs and touristic income.

It’s known as the “Trump Slump.” And I know of no reputable travel publication to deny it.

Thus, the prestigious Travel Weekly magazine (as close to an “official” travel publication as they come) has set the decline in foreign tourism at 6.8%.

On the web, flight searches for trips heading to the U.S. out of all international locations was recently down by 17%.

A drop of that magnitude, if continued, would reduce the value of foreign travel within the U.S. by billions of dollars. And the number of jobs supported by foreign tourists and their expenditures in the United States—and thus lost—would easily exceed hundreds of thousands of workers in hotels, restaurants, transportation, stores, tour operations, travel agencies, and the like.

According to the Global Business Travel Association, in only a single week following announcement of the ban against certain foreign tourists, the activity of business travel declined by nearly $185 million.

Other observers, including local tourist offices, have reached similar conclusions. In referring to New York City’s $60 billion tourist industry alone, the head of the city’s tourist effort complained that his agency’s effort to portray the United States as a welcoming destination to foreign citizens “was all in jeopardy.” Several other tourist officials have made like statements.

The Travel Press is Reporting the 'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States | Frommer's

Though they may differ as to the wisdom of the move, the travel press and most travel experts are of one mind: They are currently drawing attention to an unintended consequence of the Trump-led efforts to stop many Muslims from coming to the U.S., pointing to a sharp drop in foreign tourism to our nation that imperils jobs and touristic income.

It’s known as the “Trump Slump.” And I know of no reputable travel publication to deny it.

Thus, the prestigious Travel Weekly magazine (as close to an “official” travel publication as they come) has set the decline in foreign tourism at 6.8%.

On the web, flight searches for trips heading to the U.S. out of all international locations was recently down by 17%.

A drop of that magnitude, if continued, would reduce the value of foreign travel within the U.S. by billions of dollars. And the number of jobs supported by foreign tourists and their expenditures in the United States—and thus lost—would easily exceed hundreds of thousands of workers in hotels, restaurants, transportation, stores, tour operations, travel agencies, and the like.

According to the Global Business Travel Association, in only a single week following announcement of the ban against certain foreign tourists, the activity of business travel declined by nearly $185 million.

Other observers, including local tourist offices, have reached similar conclusions. In referring to New York City’s $60 billion tourist industry alone, the head of the city’s tourist effort complained that his agency’s effort to portray the United States as a welcoming destination to foreign citizens “was all in jeopardy.” Several other tourist officials have made like statements.

The Travel Press is Reporting the 'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States | Frommer's

Consequently, who gives a RaTz ass if NYC loses foreign visitors. Not Pupps.

If that's what it takes to figure out how to vet people that cant be vetted, so be it.

processsfailure.gif~c200

Actual solutions are never cheap and easy. That's why our lazy govt loves bandaids so much.

They are probably Leftist Bedwetters, Granola bar eating, plastic shoe wearing, Greenpeace and Amnesty International supporting Adult-Toddlers.

I have several friends right now who are over in America visiting San Bernardino, California and the others are in Tucson, Arizona.

OMFG, not the tourism industry of the United States of America... egad....
At one time this Great Country was the industrial capital of the world. Everyone wanted OUR stuff, and would pay good money for it. With Trumps economic recovery that will take only a couple of years instead of Malaise for 8 years, there will be more domestic tourists, who once again will be happy traveling on road and bridges that will be repaired(not shovel ready jobs that aren't really shovel ready), taxes will be lowered making it more affordable to be a business. Today, we cant even make our own steel, but import it from other countries. Many of US have become soft, but that is what liberalism is all about, being a precious snowflake. And don't you dare say anything about a FAT person.

walle_humans.png

Some posters above do not know the difference between immigrants and tourists, and what it takes to vet them. My goodness.

I would have liked to see the pyramids.....until Obama fucked that up....

I have been to Egypt, Cairo, Alexandria and also Giza.

The Pyramids are at Giza, you still should go because the pyramids are breathtakingly excellent, especially the most famous The Great Pyramid of Khufu, the oldest of the Seven Wonders of The World.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu was the tallest man-made creation for nearly 4,000 years, incredible.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu.

GreatPyramid3.jpg

khufu_nonflash.gif

pyramid-17.jpg

Remember the "welcome destination" on that pretty day in September 2001?

Didn't Dubya fix all of that by invading and occupying a country that had nothing to do with it, at a cost of thousands upon thousands of lives and untold billions in treasure?

No??

Shit ...

The Pyramids are at Giza, you still should go because the pyramids are breathtakingly excellent, especially the most famous The Pyramid of Khufu, the oldest of the Seven Wonders of The World.

The Pyramid of Khufu was the tallest man-made creation for nearly 4,000 years, incredible.

GreatPyramid3.jpg

khufu_nonflash.gif

pyramid-17.jpg

Whoa ...

... that must've held a shitload of grain.

OMG, how the hell will we ever live without all those dollars coming from Somalia?

Actually Somalis on welfare in Minneapolis prefer not to have anyone visit from home. Instead taxpayers subsidize their vacations to their homeland for extended periods.

Odd considering they are refugees from Somalia but love to vacation back home on the US dime.

Go figure.

The Pyramids are at Giza, you still should go because the pyramids are breathtakingly excellent, especially the most famous The Great Pyramid of Khufu, the oldest of the Seven Wonders of The World.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu was the tallest man-made creation for nearly 4,000 years, incredible.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu.

GreatPyramid3.jpg

khufu_nonflash.gif

pyramid-17.jpg
Very impressive grain silo.

New Topics

Forum List

Back