Trump considers delisting certain Chinese companies from our exchanges. Interesting.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I like the out of the box thinking when it comes to our number one threat China. Certainly there could be collateral damage to investors so I don't know if it's a good idea but keeping China back on it's heels is a good thing. They have been on the offensive with us unchecked for decades.

UPDATE 7-Trump considers delisting Chinese firms from U.S. markets -sources

Wall Street won't let it happen - too many Americans already have money in those ADRs. Plus they are a bargain right now. The Chinese buy our stocks, no reason we shouldn't buy theirs.

How is it that anyone accepts that the Federal government of the US can do this?

If a Democrat were to propose this, you'd people be screaming bloody murder.

Good riddance; they're just espionage and organized crime fronts and only fools think giving them American companies is a good idea. Calling gamblers 'investors' is also misleading.

Wall Street won't let it happen - too many Americans already have money in those ADRs. Plus they are a bargain right now. The Chinese buy our stocks, no reason we shouldn't buy theirs.

Maybe Red Chinese stocks aren't a bargain at all.

Their economy is teetering, and protecting future US investors- many of whom are saving for retirement - is a lofty goal.

I suppose there is a chance that President Xi will wake up and smell the coffee and realize he lost the trade war.

And I suppose there is a chance that Xi will get his wish and Trump will be deposed and "Mayor Pete" or "Beto" or one of the other dim bulbs will get in and surrender our nation to Red China.

But neither of these scenarios is likely to happen, protecting US investors should be paramount.

Buying into Red Chinese companies isn't being a 'US investor'; the Feds have no business protecting them if they want to gamble on those.

Forum List

Back