Trump.......Confident Billionaire or Insecure Child?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The signs are there, Trump has difficulty functioning as an adult

The profound insecurity of Donald Trump

1. He regularly and repeatedly insists that he is the most brilliant person, has the best memory, the greatest ideas; people who are relatively secure do not need to tell others that they are great, but people who are not secure have to cover a 10-foot gap with a 100-foot bridge, so afraid are they that what they actually have to say is exposing some fundamental flaw. Trump's use of superlatives belies a rather profound sadness. He desperately NEEDS you to know that he is right.

2. Forget about the financial braggadocio; Trump insists he's smart because he went to Wharton. He says this whenever someone questions his judgment. "I went to the Wharton School of Business. I'm, like, a really smart person," is one common formulation.

It's an axiom: When you have to cite your credentials, you're afraid that people are discounting them. Wharton is an Ivy; Trump earned his way into the school, at least partly; if he was truly stupid, even his father's reputation wouldn't have gotten him in all the way. So getting into Wharton represents something real that Trump accomplished (more or less) by himself. That's his first line of defense, mind you, when someone questions his ideas.

3. Sudden bursts of brashness. I get that Trump likes attention — we all do — and wants to be the loudest voice in the room — again, that's not abnormal — and that he understands how to manipulate news cycles. But there's a deeper reason for his instant recipe policies: He needs the approval of his crowds. It fortifies him against charges that he is empty, dumb, lucky, or a daddy's boy.

Why do you feel a need to attack him personally instead of addressing him on the issues?

What do you care? You are not an R and will never vote R.

Your obsession with Trump is childish and insecure.

I consistently vote Republican at lower levels and never vote a straight ticket. I voted for Reagan and Bush four times

How many Democrats do you vote for?

LIbs just do that.

When they get their asses handed to them on the issues, they switch over to personal attacks.

And then will pretend that they didn't get their asses handed to them on the issues and start telling the same lies.

repeat.

It's a form of propaganda.

And it has been working for them.

It helps that the media is completely corrupt and biased of course.

The largest indicator of Trumps childishness.....

His inability to admit he is wrong or to apologize

Something most of us grow out of in kindergarten......but I guess when grow up as Richie Rich, adult behavior is not expected

I consistently vote Republican at lower levels and never vote a straight ticket. I voted for Reagan and Bush four times

Why are you obsessed with Trump? Is it because your news sources are?

Why are you obsessed with Trump? Is it because your news sources are?

This is a political message board and Trump is currently the hottest topic in politics........NEXT

How do you feel when libs claim that the GOP has been playing the "Southern Strategy" since Nixon?

Because after all that implies that you supported, at least tacitly, racism over a 12 year period.

Why do you feel a need to attack him personally instead of addressing him on the issues?

It's simple, on nearly every issue the left is wrong, personal insults deflects. That and a leftist is lower than pond scum

How do you feel when libs claim that the GOP has been playing the "Southern Strategy" since Nixon?

Because after all that implies that you supported, at least tacitly, racism over a 12 year period.
Why don't you address the OP?

Another sign of insecurity

Trumps inability to take any criticism without attacking the person doing the criticizing

Because the Trump phenomena makes an interesting case on the psychological state of the candidate and those who support him

DId you post similar threads when Clinton was President?

I wasn't on message boards when Clinton was President

NEXT

Mmm, an honest answer would have went on to expand on whether you discussed it with others or read about, or something...

Typical petulant jerk and very similar to Obama wrt to a lot of these 'traits'.

So I guess he's qualified after all....

New Topics

Forum List

Back