Trump Changing the Way Teens View the News

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
lead_720_405.jpg

Since President Trump took office, he has relentlessly attacked the media. He’s shunned individual reporters, referred to the press as “the enemy of the American people,” and popularized the term “fake news” to denigrate credible articles. Meanwhile, public trust in the press is at an all-time low. According to a recent Knight-Gallup report, only a third of Americans view the press positively.

There is increasing evidence that this skepticism, exacerbated by the president’s relentless attacks, is trickling down to the next generation of voters. A 2017 report on a series of focus groups with 52 people between the ages of 14 and 24, conducted by Data & Society and the Knight Foundation, found that many young Americans believe the news is biased and are skeptical of its accuracy. “There was no assumption that the news would convey the truth or would be worthy of their trust,” the study reported.

Teenagers, in particular, appear to be increasingly questioning the credibility and value of traditional media organizations. In interviews with The Atlantic, teens expressed great skepticism about the accuracy of the mainstream media, reiterated Trump’s biased characterization of many news sources, and said the president’s outrageous tweets have become so much a part of everyday life that they’ve morphed into catchphrases.

Does anyone beside me catch the whiny tone of this piece? “Poor news media. We’re being unfairly picked on.”

I, for one, think it hits the nail on the head and reports that the president’s constant attacks on “fake news” are raising the attention level of a lot of people. They no longer takes reports at face value, questioning and seeking the truth about everything.

Thanks goodness for the internet and search engines.

More of this cry baby piece @ How Trump's 'Fake News' Attacks Affect Teens - The Atlantic

lead_720_405.jpg

Since President Trump took office, he has relentlessly attacked the media. He’s shunned individual reporters, referred to the press as “the enemy of the American people,” and popularized the term “fake news” to denigrate credible articles. Meanwhile, public trust in the press is at an all-time low. According to a recent Knight-Gallup report, only a third of Americans view the press positively.

There is increasing evidence that this skepticism, exacerbated by the president’s relentless attacks, is trickling down to the next generation of voters. A 2017 report on a series of focus groups with 52 people between the ages of 14 and 24, conducted by Data & Society and the Knight Foundation, found that many young Americans believe the news is biased and are skeptical of its accuracy. “There was no assumption that the news would convey the truth or would be worthy of their trust,” the study reported.

Teenagers, in particular, appear to be increasingly questioning the credibility and value of traditional media organizations. In interviews with The Atlantic, teens expressed great skepticism about the accuracy of the mainstream media, reiterated Trump’s biased characterization of many news sources, and said the president’s outrageous tweets have become so much a part of everyday life that they’ve morphed into catchphrases.

Does anyone beside me catch the whiny tone of this piece? “Poor news media. We’re being unfairly picked on.”

I, for one, think it hits the nail on the head and reports that the president’s constant attacks on “fake news” are raising the attention level of a lot of people. They no longer takes reports at face value, questioning and seeking the truth about everything.

More of this cry baby piece @ How Trump's 'Fake News' Attacks Affect Teens - The Atlantic

The matter is simple, Knife, Trump is pulling the rug out from under the best weapon the Left has: Indoctrination of the Youth. And they are both worried and pissed. He is doing an end-around that the youth are hearing a conservative voice before the Left has a chance to steal their brains in college.

lead_720_405.jpg

I find it very concerning. The president admitted why he does the constant attacking of the press:
"And he said: 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.'"
Trump told Lesley Stahl he bashes press so 'no one will believe' negative stories about him

These are media conglomerates. They don't have to do anything. The current definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Nothing has changed.They operate the same way. They just happen to be a bit miffed that nobody is taking them seriously. Why should anyone?

lead_720_405.jpg

I find it very concerning. The president admitted why he does the constant attacking of the press:
"And he said: 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.'"
Trump told Lesley Stahl he bashes press so 'no one will believe' negative stories about him

Shows just how smart - and effective - he is.

lead_720_405.jpg

Oh, yeah. Right up until the instant Trump won the election the media was held in such high esteem, especially down there on the flyover ground, by those of us who elected him our president. Yessiree...sure miss the pre-election CNN and MSNBC and The NYT, WaPo, etc. evenhanded reporting of the (their) news everyday. Bye-bye good old days. We’ll try to miss you...

Forum List

Back