Trump can't block Twitter followers anymore..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, Trump shows his true colors again. Seems that he couldn't take anyone disagreeing with him politically on his Twitter feed, so he would block them.

An appeals court has ruled that since he uses Twitter in an official capacity as president for announcing policy changes and official announcements, and not just talking about his golf game, he can't block them anymore, because as president, people are supposed to be able to see what he says.

Wonder how this one is gonna play out? And yes, because you Trump supporters won't believe anything that isn't on FOX, I used their link for the article.

Trump can't block Twitter users over political disagreements, court rules

President Trump Opens a New Window. cannot block access to his Twitter Opens a New Window. account for users who criticize or disagree with his views, a U.S. federal appeals court affirmed on Tuesday.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals’ unanimous decision stems from a lawsuit filed by the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University on behalf of seven people who Trump blocked on Twitter after they criticized his administration’s policies. The appeals court upheld a May 2018 ruling by a lower court judge who determined that the president’s action violated the First Amendment.

Well, Trump shows his true colors again. Seems that he couldn't take anyone disagreeing with him politically on his Twitter feed, so he would block them.

An appeals court has ruled that since he uses Twitter in an official capacity as president for announcing policy changes and official announcements, and not just talking about his golf game, he can't block them anymore, because as president, people are supposed to be able to see what he says.

Wonder how this one is gonna play out? And yes, because you Trump supporters won't believe anything that isn't on FOX, I used their link for the article.

Trump can't block Twitter users over political disagreements, court rules

President Trump Opens a New Window. cannot block access to his Twitter Opens a New Window. account for users who criticize or disagree with his views, a U.S. federal appeals court affirmed on Tuesday.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals’ unanimous decision stems from a lawsuit filed by the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University on behalf of seven people who Trump blocked on Twitter after they criticized his administration’s policies. The appeals court upheld a May 2018 ruling by a lower court judge who determined that the president’s action violated the First Amendment.

I would want to read those that disagree with me...

Most people who are effective leaders would. Dissent tells you where potential or actual problems are or could pop up.

One of the best OIC's (Officer In Charge) that I worked for was a man named Lt. Roux when I was in Newport RI. Not only did he have an open door policy, but every 2 weeks, we would assemble at the Enlisted Club for an hour where people could air their grievances, or tell him where things were going good. Also a good place to bring up suggestions as to how we could do better.

Loved that duty station and working for that man. He was probably one of the best leaders I ever worked for.

Most people who are effective leaders would. Dissent tells you where potential or actual problems are or could pop up.

One of the best OIC's (Officer In Charge) that I worked for was a man named Lt. Roux when I was in Newport RI. Not only did he have an open door policy, but every 2 weeks, we would assemble at the Enlisted Club for an hour where people could air their grievances, or tell him where things were going good. Also a good place to bring up suggestions as to how we could do better.

Loved that duty station and working for that man. He was probably one of the best leaders I ever worked for.

A true leader knows they must listen to the negative more than the positive to function to be a great leader.

I live by that rule and Trump should also live by that rule...

A true leader knows they must listen to the negative more than the positive to function to be a great leader.

You know, when I first retired, I noticed a huge difference between the military/government mindset and the civilian mindset. In the military, we all know that even if we hate each other, in times of crisis, we all must work together to keep the command afloat, so even if you hate someone, you can still work alongside them in repair lockers and do your job.

Civilians, on the other hand, seem to have a dog eat dog mentality and stabbing people in the back on the way up seems to be the norm. And, they generally don't seem to have much use for teamwork.

You know, when I first retired, I noticed a huge difference between the military/government mindset and the civilian mindset. In the military, we all know that even if we hate each other, in times of crisis, we all must work together to keep the command afloat, so even if you hate someone, you can still work alongside them in repair lockers and do your job.

Civilians, on the other hand, seem to have a dog eat dog mentality and stabbing people in the back on the way up seems to be the norm. And, they generally don't seem to have much use for teamwork.

That is very true.

My adopted brother remind me of my Military way of thinking when I am barking orders and I forget I am not Military...

The fact is a true leader listens to his lowest ranks because they will tell you as they see it!

That is very true.

My adopted brother remind me of my Military way of thinking when I am barking orders and I forget I am not Military...

The fact is a true leader listens to his lowest ranks because they will tell you as they see it!

Over the years, I knew a couple of Chiefs, who would assemble the shop if they had a particularly troublesome problem, and then he would ask the newest shop members what they though or how they would solve it. Why did they do that? Because sometimes, a group of people can fall into a rut of "we've always done it that way", when a fresh set of eyes that haven't been indoctrinated yet can see a solution that the older members don't.

But, that isn't going to happen with Trump. He's spent all his life being treated with kid gloves and having nothing but yes men around him all the time. He cannot handle any kind of dissent or criticism of his policies or of himself personally, and all the sycophants around him echo whatever he spews.

Glad to see that Twitter is going to let anyone follow him. Granted, he started that account before he was president, but when he started to use it to signal policy changes and what he planned to do with the country, that is when it was no longer something private, but rather became part of the public domain because he's president, and all writings that he puts out are part of the public record.

(had to get the thread back on topic after we derailed it about leadership, but it still counts.)

That is very true.

Over the years, I knew a couple of Chiefs, who would assemble the shop if they had a particularly troublesome problem, and then he would ask the newest shop members what they though or how they would solve it. Why did they do that? Because sometimes, a group of people can fall into a rut of "we've always done it that way", when a fresh set of eyes that haven't been indoctrinated yet can see a solution that the older members don't.

But, that isn't going to happen with Trump. He's spent all his life being treated with kid gloves and having nothing but yes men around him all the time. He cannot handle any kind of dissent or criticism of his policies or of himself personally, and all the sycophants around him echo whatever he spews.

Glad to see that Twitter is going to let anyone follow him. Granted, he started that account before he was president, but when he started to use it to signal policy changes and what he planned to do with the country, that is when it was no longer something private, but rather became part of the public domain because he's president, and all writings that he puts out are part of the public record.

(had to get the thread back on topic after we derailed it about leadership, but it still counts.)

We both know we are discussing Trump and his weakness to criticism...

Let face it if a story about Trump is made into a movie it is Richie Rich and he can not accept criticism at all...

If that makes it to the SC, bet it is reversed.

Bet it's not, because anything that the president writes down (or tweets) as part of policy becomes part of the public domain. He only has to endure that while he's in office, and because he's used twitter to direct policy, it is something official and will be treated as such. The day he leaves office, he can start blocking people again.

Bet it's not, because anything that the president writes down (or tweets) as part of policy becomes part of the public domain. He only has to endure that while he's in office, and because he's used twitter to direct policy, it is something official and will be treated as such. The day he leaves office, he can start blocking people again.
It is not considered official policy.

So everyone BUT Trump can block people on Twitter?

What a bullshit ruling.

It is not considered official policy.

Guess you never heard of the Presidential Records Act.

Presidential Records (44 U.S.C. Chapter 22)

As used in this chapter--

(1) The term "documentary material" means all books, correspondence, memoranda, documents, papers, pamphlets, works of art, models, pictures, photographs, plats, maps, films, and motion pictures, including, but not limited to, audio and visual records, or other electronic or mechanical recordations, whether in analog, digital, or any other form.

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, the President’s immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise or assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

(A) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of the President’s staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but

(B) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

(3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

(4) The term "Archivist" means the Archivist of the United States.

(5) The term "former President", when used with respect to Presidential records, means the former President during whose term or terms of office such Presidential records were created.

§ 2202. Ownership of Presidential records

The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

Nobody cares what the freaks on the left think. :eusa_hand:

Still doesn't change the fact that Trump uses twitter for official policy, and therefore it is part of the public domain and citizens can't be blocked from seeing what he's writing and responding to it.

You want to respond to what Trump says? You bunch of dumb asses better be careful or the SS will be knocking on your doors.

Forum List

Back