Trump called it: Obama war with Iran as a political tool

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Trump's been calling it for months if not more than a year. He stated that Obama would use war with Iran as a political tool. Americans historically are hesitant to replace a president during war (FDR, Lincoln, Bush II).

Trump had been stating that the USA could play hardball and end Iran's nonsense at any moment. But he said Obama might only do it for the sake of improving his political standing.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration and its European allies plan to open new negotiations with Iran by demanding the immediate closing and ultimate dismantling of a recently completed nuclear facility deep under a mountain, according to American and European diplomats.

They are also calling for a halt in the production of uranium fuel that is considered just a few steps from bomb grade, and the shipment of existing stockpiles of that fuel out of the country, the diplomats said.

That negotiating position will be the opening move in what President Obama has called Iran’s “last chance” to resolve its nuclear confrontation with the United Nations and the West diplomatically.

This was the exact situation when Obama took office. What's changed? He's up for re-election.

And; where was this hard talk when the Israeli PM was visiting about a month ago? What changed? Why could he not show solidarity with Israel?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/world/middleeast/us-defines-its-demands-for-new-round-of-talks-with-iran.html?_r=1&hp

The war with Iran will be a political too no matter who prosecutes it.

It'll be politicized no matter what. All American wars since Vietnam have been. However, Obama himself is playing politics with people's lives and that should concern anybody.

Plus, he was a birfer too.

:thup:

How come this man isn't President?

Lame.

Last edited:
The war with Iran will be a political too no matter who prosecutes it.

It'll be politicized no matter what. All American wars since Vietnam have been. However, Obama himself is playing politics with people's lives and that should concern anybody.

Plus, he was a birfer too.

:thup:

How come this man isn't President?

Lame.

Yes, birfers are lame.

I was talking about your baggage.

ROTFL yes republcians advocating a war with Iran means Obama will do their bidding and go to war with iran for polticalgoal

Trump's been calling it for months if not more than a year. He stated that Obama would use war with Iran as a political tool. Americans historically are hesitant to replace a president during war (FDR, Lincoln, Bush II).

Trump had been stating that the USA could play hardball and end Iran's nonsense at any moment. But he said Obama might only do it for the sake of improving his political standing.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration and its European allies plan to open new negotiations with Iran by demanding the immediate closing and ultimate dismantling of a recently completed nuclear facility deep under a mountain, according to American and European diplomats.

They are also calling for a halt in the production of uranium fuel that is considered just a few steps from bomb grade, and the shipment of existing stockpiles of that fuel out of the country, the diplomats said.

That negotiating position will be the opening move in what President Obama has called Iran’s “last chance” to resolve its nuclear confrontation with the United Nations and the West diplomatically.

This was the exact situation when Obama took office. What's changed? He's up for re-election.

And; where was this hard talk when the Israeli PM was visiting about a month ago? What changed? Why could he not show solidarity with Israel?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/world/middleeast/us-defines-its-demands-for-new-round-of-talks-with-iran.html?_r=1&hp

I really hate to be one of those people, but Bush did the same thing with Iraq. And if McCain would have won, he would be doing the same with Iran. It's not a left or right thing, it's an "all politicians" thing. To call out Obama specifically is being very disingenuous.

And so I'm not misunderstood. I was against the Iraq war, and will be just as vehemently against the Iran war if we invade them.

I really hate to be one of those people, but Bush did the same thing with Iraq. And if McCain would have won, he would be doing the same with Iran. It's not a left or right thing, it's an "all politicians" thing. To call out Obama specifically is being very disingenuous.

And so I'm not misunderstood. I was against the Iraq war, and will be just as vehemently against the Iran war if we invade them.

I don't agree that Bush went to war with Iraq to politicize an issue. However, libs screamed foul. Why are they not screaming foul now that Obama is suddenly changing his tune on Iran? Once again, more liberal hypocrisy.

The real sad thing about the GOP is that Donald Trump was seriously considered a potential candidate for a week and a half he was playing you guys...

and he'd still be an improvement over the guy you got.

The real sad thing about the GOP is that Donald Trump was seriously considered a potential candidate for a week and a half he was playing you guys...

Says the lib saboteur. Nobody cares about your convoluted nonsense.

We are not screaming foul because Obama has not done what you are accusing him of doing. Are we at war with Iran?

Why do I get the feeling that the actual point of contention........potential war with Iran....doesn't bother you very much. You'd be fine with that. Right?

Says the lib saboteur. Nobody cares about your convoluted nonsense.

Guy, you don't need me to sabotage you.

Between Limbaugh Screaming "Slut" at women and Romney saying he likes to fire people, I'd almost suspect that Obama is paying people off.

Not to worry, though, after Romney loses, you and all the other mopes who supported him when I said it was a horrible idea will give him all the blame.

We are not screaming foul because Obama has not done what you are accusing him of doing. Are we at war with Iran?

Why do I get the feeling that the actual point of contention........potential war with Iran....doesn't bother you very much. You'd be fine with that. Right?

Not sure if you are directing that at the OP or not...

Of course, it would be a horrible idea to go to war with Iran. It would cripple a weak recovery and not even get us anywhere near stopping their nuclear program.

That all said, it's probably out of our hands. Either the Israelis will hit the panic button or they'll wait.

obama is not going to seriously attack an ally as important as Iran. This is political posturing, it's his version of the swagga.

Lame.

Yes, birfers are lame.

I was talking about your baggage.

Who gives a shit what birfer Trump thinks about Iran?

Wanna pull up some old threads from the Far Left about how Bush was going to bomb Iran for political gain?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back