Trump blasts mayor of San Juan on Twitter...

San Juan mayor wears "nasty" shirt to TV interview in response to Trump

DLU7kmLVYAETgxr.jpg

Puerto Rico: Mayor pleads for better response; Trump hits back - CNN

"People are drinking out of creeks here in San Juan," she told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Friday night. "You have people in buildings and they're becoming caged in their own buildings -- old people, retired people that don't have any electricity."

"We're dying here. We truly are dying here. I keep saying it: SOS. If anyone can hear us; if Mr. Trump an hear us, let's just get it over with and get the ball rolling," she said.

Cruz's pleas and complaints about parts of the federal response to the hurricane has put her at odds with President Donald Trump, who criticized her in a series of tweets Saturday morning.

Trump took aim at the "leadership ability" of some in Puerto Rico who "want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort."

"The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump," the President tweeted.

He has a way with words. :rolleyes:

for a deranged orange sociopath.

President Trump has done a masterful job. The mayor of San Juan is a NASTY c%#€.

Funny how anyone who criticizes Trump suddenly becomes the big new evil person on the block.... and there seems to be a new one every week.
That would be hard to accomplish. 95% of the MSM is criticizing Trump 24/7/365.

Much of the criticism is valid, much is not. The MSM has a hair-on-fire approach to reporting on Trump, which has inflamed the radicals on the left...remember James T. Hodgkinson? He was a big MSLSD watcher and Bernie supporter.

criticizing a lunatic is a good thing.

I suppose you'd have defended Stalin too;.... :cuckoo:

you know, given how you like Russians so much

Here is a good example of a hair-on-fire radical leftist.

I sure hope she doesn't go postal.

perhaps if I was a radical leftist that might not be as stupid as it actually is.

poor little ignoramus.

The city of San Juan has supplies......they are at the front line of the supply lines........

It is the interior and remote areas that are having the problems........with many only reachable by air.

Lieutenant General Jeff Buchanan: Army Corps taking lead on power grid repairs

watch the video

That is correct. i followed this very closely.

What bothers me and the rest of my friends from PR was the original comments of FEMA Chief Long and his assistant at the White House lawn.
Normally an experience leader don’t make that kind of comments tapping themselves as —— OH WE ARE DOING A GOOD JOB. When people are drinking from rain water, no food, no gas, people are dying. Total devastation. So it’s normal for a mayor and her rights to express frustration. Do you expect her to say everything is running good? Trump is our there golfing at the same time blasting PR.

Trump administration projects confidence amid Puerto Rico crisis - CNNPolitics

But top Trump administration officials expressed nothing short of full confidence.
"I am very satisfied," acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke told reporters outside the White House. "I know it's a hard storm to recover from but the amount of progress that's been made, and I really would appreciate any support that we get. I know it is really a good news story in terms of our ability to reach people and the limited number of deaths that have taken place in such a devastating hurricane."
Why wouldn't he praise people working around the clock to help in the aftermath of Maria. The people there are working their butts off. What purpose does it serve to slam the people going above and beyond the call of duty to help.............

There may very well be isolated cases of issues of severe shortages..........and no reason NOT to report them so those there are aware and resolve it. But driving over the workers there with a Greyhound Bus is not the solution.

It appears the Union Truck Drivers there aren't showing up for work and causing severe problems.....Trying to use this to get more money in their contracts. Unconfirmed news though.

You do NOT ( Trump ) praise your self at the back when people are dying from basic needs such as food, water, electricity. He was only doing-that to cover his ass.
Come on it took him 2 weeks to visit Puerto Rico after Maria ravaged PR. But he is out there golfing.
The only person that made the situation worst was Trump. Nothing more.

In the third world countries. WE Americans I mean WE deliver food by helicopters when roads are not accessible.

At the same hurling insult and attacking PR and the mayor.
The 17 ships that was steaming to PR did not leave main land 4 days after Maria.
You are clueless.............Aphib group including the Kearsarge left Puerto Rico with some of FEMA onboard.......because of the storm..........Was there before and directly after the storm..............

That mayor was hyping shit up because they have been flying non stop since the day after the storm.......There are 3 million people there.............Takes a bit to fly supplies in via helo for that many people

Your side just wants something to bitch about like always

Really? Trump did not even visit PR 2 weeks after Maria but he is out there golfing.
Mayor did not even blast Trump—- she was crying and begging for help. She need help NOW. Then this boy attacked her. That’s a fact.
His effort that hit Houston and Florida was normal but his efforts to help PR was disgusting. I know lots of PR and the help they got compared to Houston and Florida is a third rate. You may want to read the links to update yourself.
In third world countries when disasters strike WE I mean we deliver aids instantly via helicopter when road are not accessible. Puerto Rocan never saw that.

Puerto Rican town finally sees FEMA aid

Puerto Ricans still waiting for aid a week after Maria's devastation - CNN

Forum List

Back