Trump Begins Inauguration Spouting Misinformation

Camp

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2013
time.com/4640346/donald-trump-lincoln-memorial/

You would think the guy would be careful about what he would say to open his inauguration. Maybe surround himself with the best staff ever who would be able to brief him so as not to needlessly embarrass himself or look like a fool. Nope, the guy started his inauguration with a speech that showed him to be totally misinformed.

Trump claimed that his inauguration opening concert at the Lincoln Memorial was a rare way to begin an inauguration when the facts say the exact opposite.

The new guy seems misinformed about just about all topics and there seems to be no distinction between topics of immense importance and the trivial. All we know for sure is that if there are opportunities to pat himself on the back, brag or promote himself, he will do it, even if it means telling big lies or small ones.

Last edited:
You would think the guy would be careful about what he would say to open his inauguration. Maybe surround himself with the best staff ever who would be able to brief him so as not to needlessly embarrass himself or look like a fool. Nope, the guy started his inauguration with a speech that showed him to be totally misinformed.

Trump claimed that his inauguration opening concert at the Lincoln Memorial was a rare way to begin an inauguration when the facts say the exact opposite.

The new guy seems misinformed about just about all topics and there seems to be no distinction between topics of immense importance and the trivial. All we know for sure is that if there are opportunities to pat himself on the back, brag or promote himself, he will do it, even if it means telling big lies or small ones.

Actually what he said about the concert was "I don't know if it has ever been done before but if it has, very seldom". The fact of the matter is that it's been done before by a few Presidents (the two most recent are among them).

So your lame attempts to split quarks aside, his statement wasn't "misinformation" or anything to criticize him for.

Start as you mean to go on, as the saying goes.

The mediocre has become the laudable. Trump didn't create it, just exploits it.

Trump NEVER passes up an opportunity to show off his megalomania. Yesterday he stated that he campaigned harder than ANYONE who has ever run for office; Trump's low self-esteem needs constant reassurances.

Trump NEVER passes up an opportunity to show off his megalomania. Yesterday he stated that he campaigned harder than ANYONE who has ever run for office; Trump's low self-esteem needs constant reassurances.

In two weeks all Democrats' self-esteem will need constant assurance, and strong anti-depressants.

Well...Obama has lied for 8 long painfully excruciating years and no one complained. Why the change now?

You mean like practically every human being on the planet does with countless things every minute of every day.?

You drive an automobile don't you? Did you create it? Does the fact that you didn't yet you "exploit it" make you "mediocre"?

The left wing descent into the ludicrous not only continues but it accelerates as well, why don't you guys just skip to the logical endpoint of this nonsense and start criticizing his choice of breakfast cereals. :rolleyes:

Anyone attached to the two party dictatorship has a dubious claim to 'self esteem'.

Actually what he said about the concert was "I don't know if it has ever been done before but if it has, very seldom". The fact of the matter is that it's been done before by a few Presidents (the two most recent are among them).

So your lame attempts to split quarks aside, his statement wasn't "misinformation" or anything to criticize him for.
Actually, it was the last three preceding Presidents and I used the word trivial to explain the misinformed comment. The point being that even the most trivial of topics are difficult for Trump to be accurate about and the symbolism of his misinformed comment at the beginning of his inauguration.

You mean like practically every human being on the planet does with countless things every minute of every day.?

You drive an automobile don't you? Did you create it? Does the fact that you didn't yet you "exploit it" make you "mediocre"?

The left wing descent into the ludicrous not only continues but it accelerates as well, why don't you guys just skip to the logical endpoint of this nonsense and start criticizing his choice of breakfast cereals. :rolleyes:
Mediocre defense of mediocrity. Also, gratuitous and false association ("you guys"; ?!) in order to ambiguate.

The sign of a truly smart person is when he or she can indulge in some self deprecating assessment. Trump could never do that...his ego is too fragile.

Here's a quote from Oscar Wilde.....a quote that braver trump advisers should tell him to honestly repeat: through his tweets :
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

Actually, it was the last three preceding Presidents and I used the word trivial to explain the misinformed comment. The point being that even the most trivial of topics are difficult for Trump to be accurate about and the symbolism of his misinformed comment at the beginning of his inauguration.

"the most trivial topics", which appears to be the new fascinating shiny baubles of the Democrat lemming slice. Rational people don't give a flying fuck about "the most trivial topics", the only people that do are game show contestants and empty headed, hyper-partisan lemmings.

Let me know when he screws up something of consequence and I'll join the chorus of critics post haste but until then do yourself a favor and get a fucking grip.

Can someone explain why Donald Trump had to go sit behind a Lobby desk and hold a closed sharpie pen to pretend he was writing an Inauguration speech ? What is it about Trump that demands that "he get over" on people that he "has to fool folks".
Is it a need to prove to himself over and over that he is smarter and slicker than anyone else.
More importantly what is there about Trump supporters that they see this behavior yet they do not see it .....Taking what Trump says at Face value is just crazy at this point...there is no percentage....

The sign of a truly smart person is when he or she can indulge in some self deprecating assessment. Trump could never do that...his ego is too fragile.

Here's a quote from Oscar Wilde.....a quote that braver trump advisers should tell him to honestly repeat: through his tweets :
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

A very clever, witty and typical Oscar Wilde quote.

BUT...

If you think about it, you will realize that it describes Obama far more accurately, than it describes Trump.

Yeah, it probably wasn't very hard to outcampaign 16 other mostly experienced candidates, win the Republican nomination, outcampaign his dimocrat opponent whom nearly everyone in politics, the media, etc. considered a shoo-in to become the first female president of the United States, and instead kick her fat ass to the curb. Just a 16-month long piece of cake for President Trump.

Lame try but that's what you lefty idiots are good at. Have a nice inauguration day and a very nice next eight years, losers.

"the most trivial topics", which appears to be the new fascinating shiny baubles of the Democrat lemming slice. Rational people don't give a flying fuck about "the most trivial topics", the only people that do are game show contestants and empty headed, hyper-partisan lemmings.

Let me know when he screws up something of consequence and I'll join the chorus of critics post haste but until then do yourself a favor and get a fucking grip.
You are the one who has lost his grip, Sally. I posted an OP that was subdued and showed a level of politeness and you are going off on the fact that anyone would dare criticize your cult leader. We, the public, have every right to expect our President to be careful about what he says and make a special effort to be factual and accurate with his comments. If you don't think that is important it means you are a brainwashed cult follower. If you do not see the symbolism you are just a hopeless lemming.

Mediocre defense of mediocrity. Also, gratuitous and false association ("you guys"; ?!) in order to ambiguate.

That wasn't a "defense" of anything, that was me pointing my finger at you and making fun of your idiotic definition of "mediocre" and in case you missed it "you guys" was a direct reference to "The left wing" proceeding it, if that shoe fits you go ahead and put it on and please don't forget to be offended while you're lacing it up.

Never Let it be said That I do not hold common ground with Trump
2015-01-23-TRUMPGIF3.gif

Forum List

Back