Trump "beat the spread" for Electoral College Votes

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Trump keep saying his election was bigger than it actually was. The MSM points out it was a win, but not a huge win. I beg to differ. I can't recall prior elections where the MSM and Hollywood made concerted efforts to defeat one candidate. MSNBC predicted that Hillary would get 384 EC votes, she actually got 227 and Trump got 304 (after all EC votes were cast). So Trump beat the Hillary MSM spread by 384-227 = 157 EC votes (i.e. H under-performed). No other candidate came close to beating the spread by 157 votes.
If Hillary gets 384 EC votes, then Trump can only get 435-384 = 51 EC votes, the absolute most Trump was predicted to get. He got 306 on election day. So by looking at the Trump MSM predicted EC votes of 51 and getting 306 that beats the spread by 306-51 = 255 which is even more than looking at the Hillary totals (i.e. Trump over-performed).

So when Trump touts his election victory, we need to consider the spread he beat, he beat the dems, and the MSM, and Hollywood. Trump over-performed on election day by 255 EC votes, which is more than 1/2 the available EC votes. Technically it wasn't a landslide, but from the MSM hole he crawled out of, when H was supposed to get 384 EC votes, it was a landslide.

Damned smartypants mathematicians. I suppose you're saying Trump DID have a "landslide" electoral college victory. I've got an idea for you: Take your bulloney to D.C. and knock on Trump's door. He needs you. Imagine if Sean Spicer or Steven Miller were to blurt all that out at a news conference. Holy moley. Not even Charles Krauthammer would know what to say.

Trump absolutely exaggerated his EC win. Basically, he flat out lied about it.
But I do agree he beat a lot more than Clinton in Nov!

Trump absolutely exaggerated his EC win. Basically, he flat out lied about it.
But I do agree he beat a lot more than Clinton in Nov!

That's all the OP is trying to say. It was NOT a fair election by normal standards. Trump had to battle every day against tremendous odds. It may have been that he was a "birther" that the MSM tried to make him lose?! Or it may have been the "establishment" DC system of "one hand washes the other" and K-Street has money for all. I don't know why Trump was hated, and is still hated by the MSM, but Trump definitely beat the odds, and his election win was much more impressive than the 306-228 on the scoreboard.

Trump still felt the need to lie about his victory for some reason.

Why? Because lying is what he does.

Trump still felt the need to lie about his victory for some reason.

Why? Because lying is what he does.
Not "lying" lets say he is a "serial exaggerator". He is a real estate developer and TV personality, exaggeration is what they do to make a living.
Lying is saying things like:
1. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor
2. Every family will save about $2,500 a year with Obamacare
3. Benghazi was caused by a youtube video
etc.

Do you see the difference?

Trump keep saying his election was bigger than it actually was. The MSM points out it was a win, but not a huge win. I beg to differ. I can't recall prior elections where the MSM and Hollywood made concerted efforts to defeat one candidate. MSNBC predicted that Hillary would get 384 EC votes, she actually got 227 and Trump got 304 (after all EC votes were cast). So Trump beat the Hillary MSM spread by 384-227 = 157 EC votes (i.e. H under-performed). No other candidate came close to beating the spread by 157 votes.
If Hillary gets 384 EC votes, then Trump can only get 435-384 = 51 EC votes, the absolute most Trump was predicted to get. He got 306 on election day. So by looking at the Trump MSM predicted EC votes of 51 and getting 306 that beats the spread by 306-51 = 255 which is even more than looking at the Hillary totals (i.e. Trump over-performed).

So when Trump touts his election victory, we need to consider the spread he beat, he beat the dems, and the MSM, and Hollywood. Trump over-performed on election day by 255 EC votes, which is more than 1/2 the available EC votes. Technically it wasn't a landslide, but from the MSM hole he crawled out of, when H was supposed to get 384 EC votes, it was a landslide.

He has an EC result in the bottom 5% of EV results even with Russia and the FBI helping him.

But it's good to know that trumpsters are as deluded as he is.

Funny. I can't recall when a hostile foreign government, an accused foreign rapist holed up in an embassy, and the FBI conspired to defeat one candidate. Can you?

He has an EC result in the bottom 5% of EV results even with Russia and the FBI helping him.

No amount of your whining will change the result. RaTz were kicked to the curb. We all know that you soiled your "legal briefs" as NC, Florida and Ohio turned red. Then it got worse as The Blue Wall crumbled. Pupps guess is that you passed out around PA going red.

Was it historical?

No...

I only remember one guy on ABC having Trump winning the Electoral College and was damn close to Trump numbers while the rest were proclaiming Clinton would smash Trump...

So yeah MSM made it look like Trump was going to lose yuuge but he need to tone it down on his comments he won the most votes since Reagan and need to make sure what he is saying is factual because MSM is waiting for a slip by him...

Also MSM need to learn when Trump is trolling them because that is what he was doing yesterday...

Funny. I can't recall when a hostile foreign government, an accused foreign rapist holed up in an embassy, and the FBI conspired to defeat one candidate. Can you?

Neither can you, you lying POS. Just more fake conjecture from the Losing Leftist Homo League. President Donald J. Trump. Learn to love it.

The Russians only exposed the DNC cheating, first of cheating Bernie (bye Debbie) and then CNN colluded with the DNC to give Hillary the debate questions (bye Donna).
The FBI should have indicted her, period.
Trump had to beat much more than just Hillary, its just not easy to summarize the victory on the normal DC scale. If the Russians wanted to hammer Hillary they would have released her classified bathroom server data.

Forum List

Back