Trump asked Netanyahu if he genuinely cares about peace

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I've wondered the same thing.

The details: Trump was pressing Bibi on the importance of striking a "deal" for Mideast peace. He'd read news reports about Bibi planning to build additional settlements to please his conservative base in Israel. Trump thought Bibi was unnecessarily angering the Palestinians. So, in the course of a longer conversation that was mostly friendly and complimentary, he bluntly asked Bibi whether or not he genuinely wants peace.

The details: Trump was pressing Bibi on the importance of striking a "deal" for Mideast peace. He'd read news reports about Bibi planning to build additional settlements to please his conservative base in Israel. Trump thought Bibi was unnecessarily angering the Palestinians. So, in the course of a longer conversation that was mostly friendly and complimentary, he bluntly asked Bibi whether or not he genuinely wants peace.
I don't think either side wants peace more than they want victory.

Israel wants to keep it's identity as a Jewish state and to keep as much Arab land as they can. The Palestinians want to turn Israel into a Muslim or non-secular country and to have the land they lost in past wars returned.

Neither will accept a compromise while the possibility of victory exists. The US has never put sufficient pressure on Israel and their Arab neighbors have never pressured the Palestinians enough.

Israel wants to keep it's identity as a Jewish state and to keep as much Arab land as they can. The Palestinians want to turn Israel into a Muslim or non-secular country and to have the land they lost in past wars returned.

Neither will accept a compromise while the possibility of victory exists. The US has never put sufficient pressure on Israel and their Arab neighbors have never pressured the Palestinians enough.
The land was Muslim before it became a Jewish place.

Bibi has been trying for decades to get American soldiers to do his dirty work. He truly is a POS.

Too much money to be made from the conflict. Israel wants to keep the few hundred billion dollar tithe we pay them, and our military contractors want Israel to buy from them. I suspect that if not for international sentiment, Israel would have razed Palestine by now. Of course, Palestinians would do the same to Israel if they had the capability. And then there’s how both sides are led by religious nuts who think the land is magically tied to them.

Nobody over there is interested in a peace, just their peace.

Forum List

Back