Trump and today's Republicans are redefining "Conservatism"

Republican conservatism means love of country and its people.

It's the complete opposite of Democrat liberalism. ...... :cool:
From post 13:
Pro owner, pro shareholder, anti-worker
Pro business, anti consumer
Pro gun, anti gun safety laws
Pro life, anti free choice
Pro today, anti tomorrow

Yea, I like being the opposite of Conservatives. I'm not a mean bastard hoping to make millions suffer. I don't hate anyone. And I'm not anti science.

I remember past statements like "compassionate conservatism".

Conservatives talked about preserving the values and morals of traditional United States.

What is conservatism today? From Trump and today's GOP, how would you define "conservatism". Remember, the marker is defined by GOP policies. What are GOP policies that could be used to define "conservatism".
"Compassionate conservatism" was a lie, a contrivance, a political façade behind which conservatives tried to conceal their fear, reactionaryism, and hate.

Trump and today's Republicans represent what conservatism has always been about: advancing failed, wrongheaded conservative economic dogma, pursuing an agenda hostile to the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay and transgender Americans, the voting rights of minorities, and the due process rights of immigrants.

Conservatism has always been the bane of the American Nation.

You make vile accusations and to back it up, you make more vile accusations.

As liberals go, you are pretty much standard.

Don't feel special.
and he is too much of a wuss to actually back up the shit he puts up....drive by, throw a bullshit thread up, and run and do the same somewhere else....
Prove what?
The effort to strip healthcare from tens of millions of Americans?
The effort to raise taxes on those making less than 70 grand to give tax cuts to billionaires?
Wanting to put a pedophile in the Senate?
Cutting food stamps from veterans?
Cutting veterans jobs programs?

I mean come on. Which one of these hasn't been proven again and again?
next time understand what is being talked about before you jump in....but then you are not to good at that are you?...
Let's try it again.

Which one of these is wrong?

The effort to raise taxes on those making less than 70 grand to give tax cuts to billionaires?

Can't say?

Thought so.

Conservatives talked about preserving the values and morals of traditional United States.

What is conservatism today? From Trump and today's GOP, how would you define "conservatism". Remember, the marker is defined by GOP policies. What are GOP policies that could be used to define "conservatism".
Oh look another post from One Note Samba boy. What's the topic this time?
Conservatism and how mean spirited it is. Go ahead, give us some examples.

Oh look another post from One Note Samba boy. What's the topic this time?
Conservatism and how mean spirited it is. Go ahead, give us some examples.

Sure, Dean.

Sure.

Everything wrong and not to your liking is....because Republicans!

To many conservatives like myself, the GOP does not represent my version of conservatism. I am not a Republican, and Trump is not a conservative IMO.

yes, dammit, they need to be white male christian supremacists or they aren't your kind of "conservative".

Trump redefined everything political. He even redefined the left as losers.

Pussy grabbing gets you a job in the WH.....and lol family values
I’ve gotten republicans to admit they think the rich should run this country, not we the people.

Someone said, and I’m not going to say who because then republicans will just attack the messenger and miss the point, but he said, “god I hate people who inherited their money. I am a successful guy and I go to a lot of nyc parties where there’s lots of other successful people there and the people who inherit money always seem to know everything.”

These are the trumps of the country. They do not know what things are like in the real world. Trumps a good talker. Drain the swamp? He’s king alligator now

Before it was "losing with dignity", as the left wins like never before and destroys America with never ending taxes and stupidity.

Today it's "get tired of winning". I much prefer today. Screw the "if you get punched turn your other cheek". That's what a total loser would do. If you get punched you punch back with twice the force.

We aren’t the ones who will have to own trumps “accomplishments” when they finally inevitably fail for the masses.

Who do you thinks showing up in the next few elections? The moderates trump let down or us?

Every president lets down their constituents and some of them don’t show up. Look at h w bush. And bush and obama and Clinton had close second term races. Trumps out in. 3 years

Todays conservativism is becoming economic liberterianism and extreme fundie religious cult if you're LGBT but you can fuck freely if you're not part of that.

What is libertarian about "today's conservatives"?
What do conservatives dislike about libertarians? I’m sure whatever talking points they miss they’d be glad to adopt at any time for example I see isis is playing wack a mole with trump. I could see trump go less interventionist when he gives up. So this is not him doing a better job with isis. This is just wasting time and money like trump said before he ran.

Yes trump talked like a libertarian during the election yes he did

We aren’t the ones who will have to own trumps “accomplishments” when they finally inevitably fail for the masses.

Who do you thinks showing up in the next few elections? The moderates trump let down or us?

Every president lets down their constituents and some of them don’t show up. Look at h w bush. And bush and obama and Clinton had close second term races. Trumps out in. 3 years
I can't express how much I value your opinion or respect your prognostication. I will say Trump also redefined you as a loser, but not a malaka. That, you already were.

To many conservatives like myself, the GOP does not represent my version of conservatism. I am not a Republican, and Trump is not a conservative IMO.

yes, dammit, they need to be white male christian supremacists or they aren't your kind of "conservative".

Todays conservativism is becoming economic liberterianism and extreme fundie religious cult if you're LGBT but you can fuck freely if you're not part of that.

What is libertarian about "today's conservatives"?
What do conservatives dislike about libertarians? I’m sure whatever talking points they miss they’d be glad to adopt at any time for example I see isis is playing wack a mole with trump. I could see trump go less interventionist when he gives up. So this is not him doing a better job with isis. This is just wasting time and money like trump said before he ran.

Yes trump talked like a libertarian during the election yes he did

Lots of things. Being drug friendly, being anti-military, being Free Traders, being against reasonable safety nets, ect ect ect.

Show me my post which indicates I am Christian or white supremacist. You dumb snatch, the Christian, anti abortion right is part of the reason I left the GOP.

"Compassionate conservatism" was a lie, a contrivance, a political façade behind which conservatives tried to conceal their fear, reactionaryism, and hate.

Trump and today's Republicans represent what conservatism has always been about: advancing failed, wrongheaded conservative economic dogma, pursuing an agenda hostile to the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay and transgender Americans, the voting rights of minorities, and the due process rights of immigrants.

Conservatism has always been the bane of the American Nation.

You make vile accusations and to back it up, you make more vile accusations.

As liberals go, you are pretty much standard.

Don't feel special.
and he is too much of a wuss to actually back up the shit he puts up....drive by, throw a bullshit thread up, and run and do the same somewhere else....
Prove what?

I mean come on. Which one of these hasn't been proven again and again?
next time understand what is being talked about before you jump in....but then you are not to good at that are you?...
Let's try it again.

Which one of these is wrong?

Can't say?

Thought so.
yes lets try it again.....go back and figure out if you can who and what i was talking about and why it was said.....cant say?....thought so.....

OT:
Though I replied above with regard to your OP, inasmuch as you keep hopping (your title vs. your OP) between "Conservatism" and "conservatism," I don't know which you actually mean.

"Compassionate conservatism" was a Bushism, and that was firmly rejected when we nominated Trump. It would have been rejected when Bush got the nomination if Republicans had understood what Bush intended. It's just liberalism with a thin veneer of conservative propaganda. It's the battle cry of the RINO.

Putting a strict constitutional conservative like Gorsuch on the SC defines what "conservatism" is. I never liked the term "compassionate conservative". That just meant that we were willing to give the left what it wanted.

I prefer to call myself an "Alinsky Conservative" and am more aligned with Crowder, Milo, Breitbart, etc. Trump appears to be one too: He has no reservations against using the same tactics the left has been using for decades.
A conservative without a clear moral core is a fascist, no need to invent new terms for an old problem of human governance.

Liberalism is fascism. Only imbeciles and propagandists claim it has anything to do with conservatism. The latter believe in small government, the opposite of fascism.

Forum List

Back