Trump and today's Republicans are redefining "Conservatism"

Conservatism and liberalism are just words both sides like to trot out when it suits them the truth is neither party is what it claims to be. The Republicans are no longer the party of Reagan and era of the JFK Democrats ended some time ago right now both are parties of extermies.

I remember past statements like "compassionate conservatism".

Conservatives talked about preserving the values and morals of traditional United States.

What is conservatism today? From Trump and today's GOP, how would you define "conservatism". Remember, the marker is defined by GOP policies. What are GOP policies that could be used to define "conservatism".

Lol, fuck typical Rdumb thread. Say, your democrat party ain’t doing much better, lol.

True. Rather than asking themselves "How has the GOP changed that caused us to lose an election?", the Dems should be asking themselves "How have we changed that caused us to lose an election?"

This is a no-brainer.

Conservatives talked about preserving the values and morals of traditional United States.

What is conservatism today? From Trump and today's GOP, how would you define "conservatism". Remember, the marker is defined by GOP policies. What are GOP policies that could be used to define "conservatism".

To many conservatives like myself, the GOP does not represent my version of conservatism. I am not a Republican, and Trump is not a conservative IMO.
Perhaps you could give a few examples of what your "conservative values" are? And how they differ with Trump and the GOP?

Not values, principles. I am a states’ rights advocate, fiscal conservative and somewhat libertarian on social issues. The abortion issue is settled, when will the GOP figure that out?

Trump is more a nationalist and a populist than an ideological conservative.

Krauthammer pointed out a while back that Trump's victory leaves the US without a real conservative party, right now.

Reagan had more political acumen as a vegetable than Trump on his best day.
Now that's silly. Trump defied everyone, two political dynasties and two political parties, Hollywood, MSM, academia, the Deep state....everything, and yet singlehandedly prevailed.

No one has ever seen anything like this in US history if not the world. We get the butthurt, but stop with the nonsense.

Krauthammer pointed out a while back that Trump's victory leaves the US without a real conservative party, right now.

I think he'll be judged a conservative by his actions: Withdrawing from TPP, rolling back Obamacare, starting a federal hiring freeze, putting a solid conservative on the SC, turning the switch on for economic growth, hiring, and the stock market, Imposing bans on lobbying the government and lobbying for foreign governments by former White House officials, being pro-life, securing the borders, cutting funding to sanctuary cities, approving the Keystone and Dakota pipelines, wiping out ISIS in a few short months, to list a few things.

Now compare all this to what would have happened to this country if Hillary had been elected. How could Trump not be considered not only a conservative, but the greatest US President since Reagan?

Republican conservatism means love of country and its people.

It's the complete opposite of Democrat liberalism. ...... :cool:
Which is why you to take away:
Healthcare
Children's healthcare
School lunches
Daycare
Food stamps for veterans
Job training for veterans
And give tax cuts to billionaires and corporations

I don't know how much more "love" from the GOP the American people can take.

Me too. That particular one was coined by George W. Bush, who openly stated that he was not a conservative.

Interesting, eh? Nowadays the Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas are all one big happy family.
It only seems that way because the other side is sexual assaulter and pu$$y grabbing Trump and everything he and the GOP base stand for.

I think he'll be judged a conservative by his actions: Withdrawing from TPP, rolling back Obamacare, starting a federal hiring freeze, putting a solid conservative on the SC, turning the switch on for economic growth, hiring, and the stock market, Imposing bans on lobbying the government and lobbying for foreign governments by former White House officials, being pro-life, securing the borders, cutting funding to sanctuary cities, approving the Keystone and Dakota pipelines, wiping out ISIS in a few short months, to list a few things.

Now compare all this to what would have happened to this country if Hillary had been elected. How could Trump not be considered not only a conservative, but the greatest US President since Reagan?
Turning the switch on economic growth? What are you talking about? Give examples.

Todays conservativism is becoming economic liberterianism and extreme fundie religious cult if you're LGBT but you can fuck freely if you're not part of that.

cry baby 9.jpg

Republican conservatism means love of country and its people.

It's the complete opposite of Democrat liberalism. ...... :cool:
Which is why you to take away:
Healthcare
Children's healthcare
School lunches
Daycare
Food stamps for veterans
Job training for veterans
And give tax cuts to billionaires and corporations

I don't know how much more "love" from the GOP the American people can take.

Add polluting our water, air and allow food standards to be more like Mexico's. This list could be miles long and all this money will be offshored by the rich that Trump campaigned against in his campaign. Weird how that works.

Trump and his supporters are not conservatives. Let's get that straight right at the top.

Trump isn't even a Republican.

"Compassionate conservatism" was a phrase created by Jack Kemp, who you can be sure most pseudocons have never heard of.

Reagan had more political acumen as a vegetable than Trump on his best day.
Now that's silly. Trump defied everyone, two political dynasties and two political parties, Hollywood, MSM, academia, the Deep state....everything, and yet singlehandedly prevailed.

No one has ever seen anything like this in US history if not the world. We get the butthurt, but stop with the nonsense.
Only someone who knows nothing about US or world history would say something this ignorant.

Forum List

Back