Trump administration opens door for California offshore wind farms

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
"The Trump administration is considering allowing companies to build offshore wind farms off the coast of California.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said his department's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) will start taking comments this week on potential areas within about 1,073 square miles on California’s outer continental shelf that could host wind turbines.

The announcement, initially made at an industry conference Wednesday, came alongside news that BOEM will hold an auction in December to sell the rights to build offshore wind farms in an area off Massachusetts’s coast and that officials will start the environmental review process for the proposed South Fork Wind Project, a 15-turbine wind farm off Rhode Island.

While the Trump administration has sought to promote fossil fuels across numerous policy actions, Zinke said officials also strongly support wind power.“I'm very bullish on offshore wind, and harnessing this renewable resource is a big part of the Trump administration's made in America energy strategy,” Zinke said in a statement.

“We are always looking at new ways to increase American innovation and productivity to provide abundant and affordable energy for our homes and manufacturers. I think this is a win for America.” - Source
`
`

As an owner of two wind turbines myself, this is indeed good news. The cost savings from both the pocketbook and environment will be a huge payback. The less we are dependent on fossil fuel, the better.
`

`
"The Trump administration is considering allowing companies to build offshore wind farms off the coast of California.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said his department's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) will start taking comments this week on potential areas within about 1,073 square miles on California’s outer continental shelf that could host wind turbines.

The announcement, initially made at an industry conference Wednesday, came alongside news that BOEM will hold an auction in December to sell the rights to build offshore wind farms in an area off Massachusetts’s coast and that officials will start the environmental review process for the proposed South Fork Wind Project, a 15-turbine wind farm off Rhode Island.

While the Trump administration has sought to promote fossil fuels across numerous policy actions, Zinke said officials also strongly support wind power.“I'm very bullish on offshore wind, and harnessing this renewable resource is a big part of the Trump administration's made in America energy strategy,” Zinke said in a statement.

“We are always looking at new ways to increase American innovation and productivity to provide abundant and affordable energy for our homes and manufacturers. I think this is a win for America.” - Source
`
`

As an owner of two wind turbines myself, this is indeed good news. The cost savings from both the pocketbook and environment will be a huge payback. The less we are dependent on fossil fuel, the better.
`

Ridiculous idea. Plenty of land to build wind farms on without the additional costs of placing turbines offshore. I'm sure California will tie this up in courts for generations.

California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) and other leaders in the state, along with the wind industry, have been pushing to explore whether offshore wind can thrive there. Due to the deep water off California, turbines may have to float, a technology that isn’t as developed as traditional turbines that are built into the sea floor.

Anything that decreases the need to fossil fuel the better for the environment.

`

`
`

`
I'll be taking bets that CA is against it and the left turns on the idea as well.

`

`
`

`

Ridiculous idea. Plenty of land to build wind farms on without the additional costs of placing turbines offshore. I'm sure California will tie this up in courts for generations.
damn, I didn't even read your post before posting.

the very first leftist is against it and agrees with me.

`

`
`

`

damn, I didn't even read your post before posting.

the very first leftist is against it and agrees with me.
Its obvious you didn't.

California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) and other leaders in the state, along with the wind industry, have been pushing to explore whether offshore wind can thrive there. Due to the deep water off California, turbines may have to float, a technology that isn’t as developed as traditional turbines that are built into the sea floor.

Booting 12 million illegals will make a big dent in our fossil fuel use.

Git 'er done!!!

Git 'er done!!!

He did that already didn’t he?

Git 'er done!!!
Sending about 30 million redneck 'Conservatives' living in single wides and mooching off the rest of us south in trade for the 12 million illegals that want to work, would vastly improve the nation.

Git 'er done!!!

No one booted 12 million illegals.

Git 'er done!!!

So anothe failure by Trump. Thanks for confirming it.

Git 'er done!!!

You're right, Trump hasn't booted enough illegals yet.

Build the wall!!! Boot the illegals, today!!!

Git 'er done!!!

You were right when you called him a failure

Git 'er done!!!

You're right, if he doesn't start cracking down on illegals, his re-election is in danger.

You're right, if he doesn't start cracking down on illegals, his re-election is in danger.
You mean Pence's election. Post November, we are going to see some information from Mueller. Bye bye Trump.

Interesting development considering how Trump fought a wind farm off his golf course in Scotland

You mean Pence's election. Post November, we are going to see some information from Mueller. Bye bye Trump.

and hopefully Pence will be short lived in the oval office.

Yes, if Trump doesn't crack down on illegal aliens and build the wall, Pence will have a difficult time getting elected in 2024 and 2028.

427BA8AB-45D3-4A48-99E4-2FAE5C9CBA5A.jpeg

Forum List

Back