Trump administration feels it's "ridiculous" for United Nations to study poverty in America

I partially agree with the UN's conclusion about politics being at fault for US poverty but the money should have been better spent actually helping people rather than on some egghead study. UN study, what the heck. They should have just gone to the local library...

51ztQGdMO0L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The report said American democracy "is being steadily undermined" and provided several suggestions for how to alleviate poverty in the U.S. The recommendations said American citizens must realize taxes "are in their interest" and that the U.S. "must recognize a right to health care."
Sounds like a bunch of foreign commies trying to influence our elections and turn us into commies.
Study the word "commie" study it hard.
Our latest entry into the communism isn’t really communism you just don’t understand it sweepstakes.

Nikki Haley: 'Ridiculous' for UN to analyze poverty in America

“At the end of the day, however, particularly in a rich country like the United States, the persistence of extreme poverty is a political choice made by those in power,” the report reads. “With political will, it could readily be eliminated.”

The report said American democracy "is being steadily undermined" and provided several suggestions for how to alleviate poverty in the U.S. The recommendations said American citizens must realize taxes "are in their interest" and that the U.S. "must recognize a right to health care."

------------------

Under Trump, the income gap is growing faster than ever before. Which was the Republicans goal when they elected Trump.

http://www.feedingamerica.org/assets/pdfs/fact-sheets/poverty-and-hunger-fact-sheet.pdf

Wow, 40 million Americans live in poverty. Wanna bet the majority are Trump voters?

A View From Appalachia: Living Below The Poverty Line

But I thought the economy was so wonderful.

It is. If you're a millionaire. Sadly, most of Trump's voters aren't millionaires.

DgjCepyW4AA-u5T.jpg:large
Studying fat black women with long manicured fingernails and i-phones does seem a bit ridiculous in this case.
The UN is a joke. What a worthless organization,

Of course these idiots think it's ridiculous.
  • They think clean air & water is ridiculous.
  • They think everyone being able to access affordable healthcare is ridiculous.
  • They think global warming is ridiculous
  • They think any form of sensible gun control is ridiculous
  • They think education is ridiculous
Ridiculous people believe ridiculous things.

Sounds like a bunch of foreign commies trying to influence our elections and turn us into commies.
Study the word "commie" study it hard.
Our latest entry into the communism isn’t really communism you just don’t understand it sweepstakes.
I think there ought to be two or three sentences there.

Sounds like some countries are trying to drag us into the 21st century, kicking and screaming.

I partially agree with the UN's conclusion about politics being at fault for US poverty but the money should have been better spent actually helping people rather than on some egghead study. UN study, what the heck. They should have just gone to the local library...

51ztQGdMO0L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's what the U.N. does--study a situation so it can make a rational suggestion to make things better.

All the UN amounts to, at this point, is a ponderous leech sucking the resource blood from its host... us, the USA!

Even if you have no running water, no electricity and you get your heat from cutting down trees and you aren't even sure if you will eat tomorrow.

What are you personally doing to address those "problems"?

Talk is cheap and partisan bitching, moaning and finger pointing is even cheaper.
I live in Chicago.

What can I do in Appalachia, the very center of the Republican Party.
In other words you're part of the problem not part of the solution. :rolleyes:

Sounds like some countries are trying to drag us into the 21st century, kicking and screaming.
If, by "21st century" you mean soft European Marxism, then I agree. They are trying to eliminate the biggest form of competition to their Marxist (communist) ideology---America.

Commies lie and say they are not commies, but it's bullshit. They are still commies. Commies don't change. They just re-brand. They will never go away. That's why the only good commie is.....

“At the end of the day, however, particularly in a rich country like the United States, the persistence of extreme poverty is a political choice made by those in power,” the report reads. “With political will, it could readily be eliminated.”

------------------

Under Trump, the income gap is growing faster than ever before. Which was the Republicans goal when they elected Trump.

http://www.feedingamerica.org/assets/pdfs/fact-sheets/poverty-and-hunger-fact-sheet.pdf

Wow, 40 million Americans live in poverty. Wanna bet the majority are Trump voters?

It is. If you're a millionaire. Sadly, most of Trump's voters aren't millionaires.

And therefore inform his base that they are voting against their own economic self interests? Ha...nope

Wow, 40 million Americans live in poverty.

..but how can that be after more than 5 decades, trillions of dollars spent and the creation of gigantic federal welfare state in support of the "war on poverty"?

Apparently the expansion of state power isn't the magic fairy dust solution to all problems that the progressive gub'mint worshipers think it is, huh?

"The picture of the free market is necessarily one of harmony and mutual benefit; the picture of State intervention is one of caste conflict, coercion, and exploitation." -- Murray N. Rothbard

The “War on Poverty” ended when Reagan was elected and declared war on the poor, cutting benefits and blaming the poor for their lot.

The US is the richest country in the world and yet the middle class is shrinking because the US tax code transfers wealth from the working and middle class to the wealthy. The income gap between rich and poor is increasing not closing.

The UN is right. Keeping 40 million in poverty is a choice the government makes with its labour policies, health care policies and tax code.

Even if you have no running water, no electricity and you get your heat from cutting down trees and you aren't even sure if you will eat tomorrow.

Talk is cheap and partisan bitching, moaning and finger pointing is even cheaper.
I live in Chicago.

map-of-appalachian-mountains-map-of-appalachia-my-blog-400-x-390-pixels.gif
Since you live in Chicago, wouldn't you like to go to the hoods and help thugs stop killing each other? Seems reasonable, don''t it?
He wouldn’t last a hot minute.

I live in Chicago.

Since you live in Chicago, wouldn't you like to go to the hoods and help thugs stop killing each other? Seems reasonable, don''t it?
How did Chicago — yes, that Chicago — rank as one of the world’s safest cities?

Why are Republicans so worried about Chicago and not about Appalachia?

I live in Chicago.

How did Chicago — yes, that Chicago — rank as one of the world’s safest cities?

Why are Republicans so worried about Chicago and not about Appalachia?
From your link:

Chicago is widely known to have among the highest homicide rates of any major metropolis in the United States. More than 500 have been slain in the city so far this year, according to DNAInfo. That means there’s been a killing almost every day this year.

Violence in Chicago has even attracted presidential attention. In June, President Donald Trump said he was going to be sending federal help to quell the ‘epidemic,’ which the Chicago Sun-Times reports the city had requested six months prior.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Crime and killings in Chicago have reached such epidemic proportions that I am sending in Federal help. 1714 shootings in Chicago this year!

12:48 PM - Jun 30, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Today's top news by email
The local news you need to start your day

So how did the Windy City get chosen as one of the world’s 20 safest cities in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s rankings this year, beating out other American cities like New York, Washington and Dallas?

The short answer, according to Crain’s Chicago Business, could have something to do with digital security. The rankings don’t only look at personal security — they also look at digital security, health security and infrastructure security. Digital security, the index says, is how well city residents can freely use the internet without fearing privacy violations or identity theft — and how well-protected the city’s power grid, water supply and communications systems are from cyber attacks.

------------------

He’s right...what’s your fucking point?

------------------

------------------

Take the 8 Billion dollars we give to the UN every year and feed the poor. Problem solved. We could also turn the UN complex into a homeless shelter.

Forum List

Back