Trump accuses Clinton of starting ‘birther’ movement

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
It begins.

Donald Trump on Wednesday accused Hillary Clinton of starting the so-called “birther” movement, which raised unfounded questions about President Obama’s birthplace and American citizenship. “You know who started the birth movement? You know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate, one of the first? Hillary Clinton,” Trump told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Wednesday. “She’s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.”

Another Trump lie. At some point, he will have to back up his lie and he won't be able to do it.
Not a single Trump supporter here at USMB can post a link or show evidence that Clinton started the birther bullshit. No connection to her or her campaign.

• Banned
Another Trump lie. At some point, he will have to back up his lie and he won't be able to do it.
Not a single Trump supporter here at USMB can post a link or show evidence that Clinton started the birther bullshit. No connection to her or her campaign.

Yeah, I'm sure Hillary and her team had nothing to do with it.

Birtherism: Where it all began

Where did this idea come from? Who started it? And is there a grain of truth there? The answer lies in Democratic, not Republican politics, and in the bitter, exhausting spring of 2008. At the time, the Democratic presidential primary was slipping away from Hillary Clinton and some of her most passionate supporters grasped for something, anything that would deal a final reversal to Barack Obama.

It begins.

Donald Trump on Wednesday accused Hillary Clinton of starting the so-called “birther” movement, which raised unfounded questions about President Obama’s birthplace and American citizenship. “You know who started the birth movement? You know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate, one of the first? Hillary Clinton,” Trump told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Wednesday. “She’s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.”

For once, Trump is right.

It begins.

I don't think she started it but she certainly brought the question in her last presidential run against obama, long before Trump ever did.

It begins.

So Trump is saying that he blames Hilary for him being an idiotic Birther?

Donald is just lying- again. Donald just blaming others for his own stupidity- again.

Not that any of his supporters care when he lies.

Let us review what Hilary said about President Obama's birth certificate....
images

Now lets review what Trump said about President Obama's birth certificate

Trump, NBC: He doesn't have a birth certificate or he hasn't shown it. He has what's called certificate of live birth. That's something that's easy to get. … it's not the equivalent. … A certificate of live birth is not even signed by anybody. I saw his. I read it very carefully. It doesn't have a serial number, doesn't have a signature. there's not even a signature.

Donald Trump, NBC: His grandmother in Kenya says he was born in Kenya and witnessed the birth, okay?

Trump, MSNBC: His grandmother in Kenya, said "Oh no, he was born in Kenya and I was there and I witnessed the birth."

Trump, April 7: Now, let me just go to the final point. The final point on the birther. The final point is the newspaper. Well, guess what? His grandparents probably put in a thing because everybody wanted to become a United States citizen, more so than today to be honest with you, because they were more proud in those days. But for purposes of hospitalization and welfare, you want to become an American citizen. So, the grandparents living in Honolulu, living in Hawaii, probably put it in. It’s a very simply explanation.

Trump, ABC: The reason that I have a little doubt — just a little — is because he grew up and nobody knew him. When you interview people — if I ever got the nomination, if I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten, they'll remember me. Nobody ever comes forward. Nobody knows who he is until later in his life. It's very strange. The whole thing is very strange."

It begins.

I don't think she started it but she certainly brought the question in her last presidential run against obama, long before Trump ever did.

Please feel free to provide that quote.

Clinton never questioned Obama's birthplace or eligibility- Trump is just lying- and blaming others- again.

It begins.

Donald is just lying- again. Donald just blaming others for his own stupidity- again.

images

Trump, NBC: He doesn't have a birth certificate or he hasn't shown it. He has what's called certificate of live birth. That's something that's easy to get. … it's not the equivalent. … A certificate of live birth is not even signed by anybody. I saw his. I read it very carefully. It doesn't have a serial number, doesn't have a signature. there's not even a signature.

Donald Trump, NBC: His grandmother in Kenya says he was born in Kenya and witnessed the birth, okay?

Trump, MSNBC: His grandmother in Kenya, said "Oh no, he was born in Kenya and I was there and I witnessed the birth."

Trump, April 7: Now, let me just go to the final point. The final point on the birther. The final point is the newspaper. Well, guess what? His grandparents probably put in a thing because everybody wanted to become a United States citizen, more so than today to be honest with you, because they were more proud in those days. But for purposes of hospitalization and welfare, you want to become an American citizen. So, the grandparents living in Honolulu, living in Hawaii, probably put it in. It’s a very simply explanation.

Trump, ABC: The reason that I have a little doubt — just a little — is because he grew up and nobody knew him. When you interview people — if I ever got the nomination, if I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten, they'll remember me. Nobody ever comes forward. Nobody knows who he is until later in his life. It's very strange. The whole thing is very strange."

Oh yee of memory's of a gnat....

It begins.

images

It was Hillary Clinton supporters that circulated and email that claimed Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. 2008.
Birther row began with Hillary Clinton

It wasn't Trump that brought it up but Democrats against Obama. Trump later financed an investigation and came to the conclusion that he was legit.

It begins.

images

It was Hillary Clinton supporters that circulated and email that claimed Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. 2008.

It wasn't Trump that brought it up but Democrats against Obama. Trump later financed an investigation and came to the conclusion that he was legit.

You keep avoiding Trump's actual words.

Trump told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Wednesday. “She’s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.”

Feel free to provide the quote by Hilary Clinton bringing up birtherism.

See here is the thing- Donald made a Birther ass out of himself- going on national TV dozens of times making all sorts of idiotic Birther claims.

Hilary never did.

Trump lied- again. Trump blames others for his own idiocy- again.

By the way- do you agree with Trump's Birtherism?

It begins.

images

So you can provide no quote from Hillary every questioning Obama's eligiblity, place of birth...any of it. With the closest you can get being a 'hillary supporter'. Or more accurately, an anonymous email from someone who said they were a Hillary supporter.

If an anonymous email from someone who says they are a supporter translates a position of the candidate.....can I hold Trump to that standard?

And why is Trump trying to blame Hillary for Trump's own birther idiocy? Remember, we're not attributing to Trump anything that Trump didn't actually say.

It begins.

images

Still looking for that quote from Hilary Clinton. Not some 'anonymous supporter'

Donald Trump- on TV dozen's of times claiming there was no evidence of that President Obama was born in the United States-

Donald Trump Goes On Epic Birther Rant (VIDEO)

It begins.

images

So you can provide no quote from Hillary every questioning Obama's eligiblity, place of birth...any of it. With the closest you can get being a 'hillary supporter'. Or more accurately, an anonymous email from someone who said they were a Hillary supporter.

If an anonymous email from someone who says they are a supporter translates a position of the candidate.....can I hold Trump to that standard?

And why is Trump trying to blame Hillary for Trump's own birther idiocy? Remember, we're not attributing to Trump anything that Trump didn't actually say.

Remember- Trump is not responsible for any of the things he says- Hilary is.........

It begins.

images

It was an anonymous email from someone who claimed to be a Hillary supporter.

If that translates into Hillary, then in about 15 minutes I can supply plenty of 'anonymous emails from someone claiming to be Trump supporter' that establish Trump's support for the Flat Earth Society....and all manner of crazy shit.

Trump is a brain dead birther. He can desperately try to blame Hillary for his own idiot positions. But its not an argument that a rational person would ever swallow.

Though it does fit in perfectly with the GOP base. Remember....in the party of personal responsibility, its *always* someone else's fault.

It begins.

images

Trump told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Wednesday. “She’s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.”

See here is the thing- Donald made a Birther ass out of himself- going on national TV dozens of times making all sorts of idiotic Birther claims.

Hilary never did.

When her supporters sent the email out she never condemned it, she went along with it. So yes it was her supporters that did so.

Do I agree with Trumps birther-ism? You mean when he said Obama is legit? Yes Obama is legit, he was born in Hawaii. It is "Ted" that isn't eligible to hold office due to being an 8USC1401(g) Section 7 citizen - not a "natural-born citizen".

It begins.

images

Remember- Trump is not responsible for any of the things he says- Hilary is.........

Trump is just a leaf upon the water......overwhelmed and helpless before Hillary in his birther idiocy.

In the party of personal responsibility its *always* someone else's fault. Trump's gonna fit right in. And with the GOP represented by Trump, the GOP is now officially the Birther Party.

This 8th grade type of outright lying and rumor spreading worked well on 35% of Republicans but it isn't going to play in the general election. We will be at Halloween night 2016 and Hillary Clinton will have a 15 point lead. If I were on Hillary's campaign I would be hiring 3-4 of the best writers in Hollywood to script 20-30 short quips that will raise the hair on Trump's neck at the debates. He may be able to sidestep a few of them but sooner or later he's going to Megyn Kelly Hillary Clinton. She just has to draw it out of him like Tom Cruise drew it out of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men. Just lead him where he's dying to go.

It begins.

images

Hilary never did.

When her supporters sent the email out she never condemned it, she went along with it. So yes it was her supporters that did so.

So any anonymous emall by someone claiming to be a Trump supporter that Trump doesn't explicitly condemn....Trump supports?

Oh my. I'm gonna have so much fun with your standard.

It begins.

images

It was an anonymous email from someone who claimed to be a Hillary supporter.

If that translates into Hillary, then in about 15 minutes I can supply plenty of 'anonymous emails from someone claiming to be Trump supporter' that establish Trump's support for the Flat Earth Society....and all manner of crazy shit.

Trump is a brain dead birther. He can desperately try to blame Hillary for his own idiot positions. But its not an argument that a rational person would ever swallow.

Though it does fit in perfectly with the GOP base. Remember....in the party of personal responsibility, its *always* someone else's fault.
Was it not Hillary that said Trump was the one that brought it up? Look it isn't going to go on past today, neither are going to be held accountable for it.

Trump is a brain dead birther? LMFAO Your ideological stupidity is more telling than anything.

Forum List

Back