Truman and the deep state

You know, you trigger lefties when you use the term "deep state."

Their government controlled media talking heads have told them it does not exist.

Last edited:

There government controlled media talking heads have told them it does not exist.

I like to refer to it as the Dim state.

Not the sharpest tacks.

The Theology of Foreign Policy | Michael Doran

WTF? From the link.

But sure, Nixon and Reagan went wayyy out of their way to avoid the DoS. Nixon created a shadow Dept of State with Kissinger, and Reagan did much the same with Casey, although Reagan was openly dismissive of the CIA as an intelligence gather. LBJ created the Gulf of Tonkien Incident out of sheer air to escalate a guerilla action into a full blown war. The DoS would not have approved.

FDR confronted "the deep state" in the form of isolationism being the foundation of American for policy after WWI.

But, historically, what does your link and the embedded an curiously constructed Christian argument prove? Jackson saw America as divine providence, and he disobeyed the laws and constitution to further his views. That's a positive? I don't think so.

Conversely, Lincoln was at least as devout a Christian, but he sought to avoid conflict with "the deep state." He wanted to avoid upsetting the compromise on slavery. He failed and suspended habeas corpus.

But basically you have a conspiracy theory citing Jehova for support. In reality, you have a tension between status quo and change. And sometimes newly elected (or in other gummits "selected") feel a mandate to change. See, e.g., Khrushchev's secret speech and conversely the Khmer Rouge. Sometime change's good, sometimes not.

And that's what the "deep state" is. A conspiracy theory. All status quo resists change. Always has, going back as far at least as David. (-:

Deep State and Trump....

Trump brings in Tax Cuts for the Rich and Corporations which will drive the US to one trillion deficit during low unemployment and generally good economy (created by his predecessor).

These are the entities with all the power and influence through there lobbyists and ye guys think Trump is being fought by the 'Deep State'....

Trump has just taken money out of regular folks pockets and given it to the richest and most powerful... He is flanked by Goldman Sachs cabinet members....

Do you want to rethink who the deep state are? Trump has been reducing environmental standards, cutting the state dept. and diplomacy (Military Industrial complex), trying to cut social programs,.....
Trump is the lap dog of the lobbyists of the rich and powerful, they could not have it better... Trump is the propped up fool and the Deep State is one of his clients....

Deep State and Trump....

Trump brings in Tax Cuts for the Rich and Corporations which will drive the US to one trillion deficit during low unemployment and generally good economy (created by his predecessor).

These are the entities with all the power and influence through there lobbyists and ye guys think Trump is being fought by the 'Deep State'....

Trump has just taken money out of regular folks pockets and given it to the richest and most powerful... He is flanked by Goldman Sachs cabinet members....

Do you want to rethink who the deep state are? Trump has been reducing environmental standards, cutting the state dept. and diplomacy (Military Industrial complex), trying to cut social programs,.....
Trump is the lap dog of the lobbyists of the rich and powerful, they could not have it better... Trump is the propped up fool and the Deep State is one of his clients....
Professionals at the DoS and CFR are more than deeply distrustful of Trump abandoning Nato and multilateral treaties while cowboying on with N.Korea - as Russia and China plan to do a deal with Iran without the US. Regardless of who is "right," the status quo fears, loathes and distrusts Trump.

But I think there is something to what you say on domestic issues. Meechum said something on Morning Joe I didn't catch. (My daughter's old dog woke me up wayyy too early. LOL) But there used to be a dem/gop tension about how much domestic spending and how much taxes. Trump spends more and taxes less, and the gop is no longer a player. And yes, he is the cats meow to the 1% special interests.

Deep State and Trump....

Professionals at the DoS and CFR are more than deeply distrustful of Trump abandoning Nato and multilateral treaties while cowboying on with N.Korea - as Russia and China plan to do a deal with Iran without the US. Regardless of who is "right," the status quo fears, loathes and distrusts Trump.

But I think there is something to what you say on domestic issues. Meechum said something on Morning Joe I didn't catch. (My daughter's old dog woke me up wayyy too early. LOL) But there used to be a dem/gop tension about how much domestic spending and how much taxes. Trump spends more and taxes less, and the gop is no longer a player. And yes, he is the cats meow to the 1% special interests.

On foreign policy, he has been a bit all over the place... There was a guy on CNN during the weekend (Pulitzer prize winner at 30), this guy:

If he is right and there is nothing to suggest he is wrong. The State Dept has lost a lot of key personnel... Just look at the Ambassadors not assigned, South Korea still doesn't have one. The US state dept is the envy of the world, it is US soft power, the ability of twisting your arm with out a fight. I don't think Trump gets the State Dept just as they ran rough shod over Nikki Haley last week.

Trump got out of the TPP and then discovered he needs back in to control China, remember the US came up with TPP (Dems and GOP) to deal with China. wasn't perfect but would have been very effective at controlling China.
Honestly I wish Trump a win in North Korea but I also know my history and Clinton did a deal with them before and the reneged on that...

My view would to move Nikki Haley to Sec of State(treat her with respect and let her build up the state dept again), boot Bolton (warmongering asshole)... Then generally leave foreign policy to them... They are good at it and know the issues... Listen to them and easy off the twitter... It would actually work in his favour and I am not a Trump fan...

There government controlled media talking heads have told them it does not exist.

I like to refer to it as the Dim state.

Not the sharpest tacks.
It exists, I know plenty of people in it, and it was created in large part by Trump himself. In at least 2 departments I know of, Trump's political appointees have completely shut off communication those career civil servants in their departments.
These are career civil servants who are experts in their fields and don't take kindly to a President who believes he know more than anyone else. Like many outside and inside the gov't, they see Trump as dangerous but love their country and would never do anything to harm it. Trump's administration making a policy decision is their right but if it is based on ignorance it will probably not benefit the country.

Deep State and Trump....

On foreign policy, he has been a bit all over the place... There was a guy on CNN during the weekend (Pulitzer prize winner at 30), this guy:

If he is right and there is nothing to suggest he is wrong. The State Dept has lost a lot of key personnel... Just look at the Ambassadors not assigned, South Korea still doesn't have one. The US state dept is the envy of the world, it is US soft power, the ability of twisting your arm with out a fight. I don't think Trump gets the State Dept just as they ran rough shod over Nikki Haley last week.

Trump got out of the TPP and then discovered he needs back in to control China, remember the US came up with TPP (Dems and GOP) to deal with China. wasn't perfect but would have been very effective at controlling China.
Honestly I wish Trump a win in North Korea but I also know my history and Clinton did a deal with them before and the reneged on that...

My view would to move Nikki Haley to Sec of State(treat her with respect and let her build up the state dept again), boot Bolton (warmongering asshole)... Then generally leave foreign policy to them... They are good at it and know the issues... Listen to them and easy off the twitter... It would actually work in his favour and I am not a Trump fan...
If anyone were interested in your grasp of current events, they should watch CNN. Others are not snowflakes.

Deep State and Trump....

If anyone were interested in your grasp of current events, they should watch CNN. Others are not snowflakes.

So a Pulitzer prize winner writes a book after interviewing every living secretary of state and your problem is he went on CNN.... This is an interview...

So you have no problem with what he said?

Deep State and Trump....

So a Pulitzer prize winner writes a book after interviewing every living secretary of state and your problem is he went on CNN.... This is an interview...

He wrote a book? So did Obama. So what?

Deep State and Trump....

You are right, Obama wrote a book, Trump had to get someone to write his...

But you did see this guy is seriously bright... College by 11, Law school by 16, years service in State Dept.....

Won a Pulitzer prize...

Writes a book after interviewing every living secretary of state....

I think his views are better informed than yours...

You are right, Obama wrote a book, Trump had to get someone to write his...

But you did see this guy is seriously bright... College by 11, Law school by 16, years service in State Dept.....

Won a Pulitzer prize...

Writes a book after interviewing every living secretary of state....

I think his views are better informed than yours...
Nothing personal, but I am decidedly unimpressed with gay millennial snowflakes.

Their government controlled media talking heads have told them it does not exist.

so very true and you know it is true cause the trolls laughed at it.LOL

Oh it exists . Cept is done by the righties . Media propagandists at Foxnews in bed with the prez . (Hannity ring a bell?)

Oh it exists . Cept is done by the righties . Media propagandists at Foxnews in bed with the prez . (Hannity ring a bell?)
Well at least you admit it's existence. I appreciate that from a leftist like you.

Well at least you admit it's existence. I appreciate that from a leftist like you.

Where have you been?

Lefties for years have complained about law enforcement being bias . Y’all didn’t give a crap until Trump was being investigated.

Where have you been?

Lefties for years have complained about law enforcement being bias . Y’all didn’t give a crap until Trump was being investigated.
Silly....law enforcement has NOTHING to do with the Deep State.

Secondly, I don't know what your are trying to claim.

I just wish the Left would go back to it's traditional anti-war stance. The D Party like the R Party, (criminal gangs in my view akin to the Mafia) have become pro-war parties. Sadly most voters of both parties, seem fine with it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back