True story.

Lutroo

May 29, 2016
I don't drink coffee, but I had to get out of the house, so I offered to go to Dunkin Doughnuts and get my wife a coffee. I normally would go through the drive-thru, but today I decided to go inside. Two minutes after I got in line, a white police officer walked in. The door hadn't even closed behind him, when the cashier(a young black female) blurted out "you're not going to shoot us are you?" - I turned red, I was just about to verbally lay into this ignorant bitch when a middle aged black woman got up from her table, stormed over to the cashier and quietly, but firmly, went up one side of the girl and down the other explaining just how epically stupid the comment was. Part of it was, "the only thing you should say while wearing that uniform and standing behind that counter is, 'welcome, how can I help you today' - When done, the girl was left speechless, and the woman had all the customers, including me, clapping. She then turned to the officer and said "I wouldn't blame you if decided to walk out that door and go some place else, but if you decide to order anything from here, leave your money in your pocket, it's on me; thank you for the dangerous job you do, I appreciate what you do, even if the ignorant people of my race don't" .... as she glanced back at the cashier. It was awesome, so glad I decided to go inside today.

I don't drink coffee, but I had to get out of the house, so I offered to go to Dunkin Doughnuts and get my wife a coffee. I normally would go through the drive-thru, but today I decided to go inside. Two minutes after I got in line, a white police officer walked in. The door hadn't even closed behind him, when the cashier(a young black female) blurted out "you're not going to shoot us are you?" - I turned red, I was just about to verbally lay into this ignorant bitch when a middle aged black woman got up from her table, stormed over to the cashier and quietly, but firmly, went up one side of the girl and down the other explaining just how epically stupid the comment was. Part of it was, "the only thing you should say while wearing that uniform and standing behind that counter is, 'welcome, how can I help you today' - When done, the girl was left speechless, and the woman had all the customers, including me, clapping. She then turned to the officer and said "I wouldn't blame you if decided to walk out that door and go some place else, but if you decide to order anything from here, leave your money in your pocket, it's on me; thank you for the dangerous job you do, I appreciate what you do, even if the ignorant people of my race don't" .... as she glanced back at the cashier. It was awesome, so glad I decided to go inside today.
Nice story......how long have you been a student of fictional creative writing? ..... :cool:

Forum List

Back