True or false?

no1tovote4 said:
Um the Marines are a separate service that works closely with the Navy, they have SF called Forced Recon. The Navy SF is the SEALS and the AF even has SF.

Special Forces are elite Warriors and are found in every service.

Yes, I know that - that's what I was saying. But the term used was "Special Forces", a unit of the Army - yes, the Navy has a "special forces" but they are not called "Special Forces" - they are called SEALs.

The point I was trying to make was that if this guy was really a Marine then he wouldn't be using the term "Special Forces".

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Yes, I know that - that's what I was saying. But the term used was "Special Forces", a unit of the Army - yes, the Navy has a "special forces" but they are not called "Special Forces" - they are called SEALs.

The point I was trying to make was that if this guy was really a Marine then he wouldn't be using the term "Special Forces".

Andy

They are all called SpecOps and the personnel are Special Forces.

no1tovote4 said:
They are all called SpecOps and the personnel are Special Forces.

In the Army they are called Special Forces, and sometimes referred to as "Green Berets".

In the Navy they are called SEALs for "Sea, Air, Land".

Regards

A

CivilLiberty said:
In the Army they are called Special Forces, and sometimes referred to as "Green Berets".

In the Navy they are called SEALs for "Sea, Air, Land".

Regards

A

The SEALS are SF. In the Navy at Boot Camp they came in and asked that we join the SF. The personnel are labelled SF, the activity they do is SpecOps and each force has different groups. Examples of that are the Green Berets, SEALs, etc.

Army = Green Berets

Navy = SEALs

Air Force = Special Tactics Operators

Marines = Detachment One

Delta draws from all the services.

They all fall under USSOC (United States Special Operations Command)

Forum List

Back