True Love..

S

Shattered

The "Male Bashing...Nahh" thread seemed to take a different turn, and got me to thinking...

Someone asked why men want anything to do with women (other than sex).. My answer was "true love".. But..how do you define it?

<b>What is "True Love" to you? How do you know that's what it is?</b>

My answer:

When I think of my love for you
the wonder of its beauty takes my breath away.
I cannot recall the moment in time it began,
but only the overwhelming feeling of ecstasy it brought to me.

For at that moment I knew happiness.
A happiness I had never known before.
For just the thought of you gave me joy beyond belief.

The thought of being with you and being held by you was my one desire
I knew once we first met none other would ever do,
for I knew love.

I knew love as I had never thought possible in this life time.
It is a love of passion and desire.
It is a never-ending need to you,
for you, only you.

When I think of my love for you
I realize I now know the true meaning of love.
I will love you as long as this life endures and beyond,
for you are my dreams, my realities.
You are my heart
You are my meaning of true love. </i>

I didn't write it, but it sums up my views perfectly.

When I try to explain that concept to people around me I get 'Well, that never lasts! That fades! You are living in a fantasy world! Women stop liking to be touched and held! Get over it! You're so self-centered what with wanting your relationship to be 'more'! That simply isn't reality. Be lucky you have somebody who tolerates living with you!

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

People who have never experienced it simply will NEVER understand it, C.

dmp said:
When I try to explain that concept to people around me I get 'Well, that never lasts! That fades! <b>You are living in a fantasy world! Women stop liking to be touched and held! Get over it! You're so self-centered what with wanting your relationship to be 'more'!</b> That simply isn't reality. Be lucky you have somebody who tolerates living with you!

Quite simply...they're wrong. They haven't found it yet, and if/when they do, it will never be "too much", let alone "enough". There are NO boundaries to what you want with that person.

Shattered said:
Quite simply...they're wrong. They haven't found it yet, and if/when they do, it will never be "too much", let alone "enough". There are NO boundaries to what you want with that person.

I believe it. I know it to be true. Maybe someday? :)

A good description of romantic love but aren't there several different types of love? Is there not "true" love for family,God,country,fellow man,etc.?

dmp said:
When I try to explain that concept to people around me I get 'Well, that never lasts! That fades! You are living in a fantasy world! Women stop liking to be touched and held! Get over it! You're so self-centered what with wanting your relationship to be 'more'! That simply isn't reality. Be lucky you have somebody who tolerates living with you!

Apparently it didn't last--can you do something to achieve it again?

dilloduck said:
A good description of romantic love but aren't there several different types of love? Is there not "true" love for family,God,country,fellow man,etc.?

Yes..there are different definitions of love..but I think she not only talking about romantic love, but passionate love.

I love my dogs.
I love pizza with pineapple.

But I love the woman I love with an insane amount of passion and desire.

Shattered's guy is a very lucky man.

GotZoom said:
Yes..there are different definitions of love..but I think she not only talking about romantic love, but passionate love.

I love my dogs.
I love pizza with pineapple.

But I love the woman I love with an insane amount of passion and desire.

Shattered's guy is a very lucky man

I'm flexible--we can try to define true passionate love.

dilloduck said:
I'm flexible--we can try to define true passionate love.

That's what the thread is about.. Not "other" types of love.. I'm not asking for a textbook definition of it.. I asked what it is to each person here...

I'm off to work, but will check back in for your response after.

dilloduck said:
Apparently it didn't last--can you do something to achieve it again?

Not true - well, sorta. It never happened. Something which was never there of COURSE can't last...cuz it never existed. :(

Not this time.

Shattered said:
That's what the thread is about.. Not "other" types of love.. I'm not asking for a textbook definition of it.. I asked what it is to each person here...

I'm off to work, but will check back in for your response after.

np--just trying to clarify things so you get what you're looking for. I'll be eager to hear what true passionate love means to people.

Love is a physical reaction, like most emotions. The various love hormones flood the body, and I'm not just talking about sex. Even the "love" feeling is from an influx of oxytocin. I think women feel this when they have a mate they feel is dominant in the world and can and will provide for them. Guys feel it when they are CHOSEN by a woman to fill this role

It feels good. It's great. It can be fleeting, or it may last.

"There is hope, but not for us" -- Franz Kafka

rtwngAvngr said:
Love is a physical reaction, like most emotions. The various love hormones flood the body, and I'm not just talking about sex. Even the "love" feeling is from an influx of oxytocin. I think women feel this when they have a mate they feel is dominant in the world and can and will provide for them. Guys feel it when they are CHOSEN by a woman to fill this role

It feels good. It's great. It can be fleeting, or it may last.

"There is hope, but not for us" -- Franz Kafka

I usually refrain from telling her..."You fill me with oxytocin."

dmp said:

Don't call me gay, But I know exactly what you mean.

Your example of an orgasim is good, but only for those who understand. You can have one, AND FAKE one. Same sort of thing with "True Love" vs " Love" IMO.

I think true love is someone that accepts and loves you unconditionally, and even on a bad day they can look past your flaws and see one great reason they feel lucky to have you. It's the feeling that it's you and them against the world, and the very comfortable feeling of true compatibility of sharing the same ideals. It's making an attempt to laugh at their jokes even when your cranky or tired. It's not being able to wait to tell them good news first and know that they will be truly happy for you. It's being happy to watch basketball with them for no other reason then because they WANT you to.

I heard this once somewhere: In a crowded room I look for you first.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back