True Friendship

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
A while back, my son Aaron, & his wife, Amanda moved into the house where they're currently living. The house belongs to Cindy, their Best Man's, (Kevin) mom.
Kevin had lived in the house, which was a pig sty, but had plans to move nearer his work. So, the house was offered to Aaron with the intent that they were to buy the house. Kevin ( & sometimes his girlfriend) lived with Aaron & Amanda for 3 months until he got his act together, because his other plans fell through. Aaron & Amanda picked up all the costs since it was now theirs.

Aaron's dad put in a new bathroom, the house has been patched & painted. Plans were being laid to do the kitchen as soon as the house was theirs. Looks really cute. They also have a loan for the purchase, pre-approved.

Yesterday about 4pm, Aaron & Amanda were informed that Cindy sold the house to Kevin & Aaron & Amanda have 30 days to move. Anything structural missing they will be sued. Kevin also wants a key to their house. (they had the locks changed after he moved)

So instead of moving here, they are going to hang their hats where mom lived, so they have some privacy, until they can find a place they can buy.

This isn't the end of the world, but this is awfully disappointing to them, since this place has become home. And for a friend to betray you that way is even more hurtful. You just never know.

DKSuddeth said:
thats messed up. At the least, they should bill Cindy for the home improvements they made.

You'd think so, but NOTHING's in writing. Only studio equipment. And to top it off, Kevin called to borrow equipment a couple of weeks ago & has yet to return it. Apparently, that's how he found out the locks had been changed. He went to the house while they were at work.

Mr. P said:
For the most part..No written contract in realestate= no sale..
Hard lesson...I bet it won't happen again.

I agree. And they were told. But when you trust a friend of 11 years.......

On the other hand, I think these things happen for a reason. Don't be surprised if you hear some really bad news regarding the house ie: termites, black mold, a tree crashing through the roof. Blessing in desguise maybe??

Joz said:
I agree. And they were told. But when you trust a friend of 11 years.......
Well another hard fact of life....True friends (the thread tile). Most people can count
their TRUE friends on one hand and have fingers left over..True FRIENDS are indeed rare in life, despite what we would like to believe.

:rotflmao:
Hey JB, wanna come help?! We've got most of the stuff out now in case Kevin tries anything. But he still has the 2 pre-amps that are Aaron's that we'll never again see.

Said1 said:
On the other hand, I think these things happen for a reason. Don't be surprised if you hear some really bad news regarding the house ie: termites, black mold, a tree crashing through the roof. Blessing in desguise maybe??

Exactly what Amanda's dad said. Could be. But then again I'm inclined to believe they're just mean a**h**es. Momma is this way and she's taught BOTH her sons quite well. I just tho't Aaron meant more to them than this.

Mr. P said:
True FRIENDS are indeed rare in life, despite what we would like to believe.

Words could not ring truer. I'm not sure I've EVER had a TRUE friend.

But Aaron & Kevin have been. Or so I tho't. Kevin stuck by Aaron when we lost Aaron's brother. They went out on tour together running sound for a band. Kevin was their Best Man, sharing this special moment in Aaron's life.They have been really good buddy; coming to see me at work late at night, just to say HI.

But Kevin's new girlfriend is worse than his mom which is why the two of them don't get along. But they have band together to pull this stunt. And Kevin doesn't have the gonads to stand up to them, so he loses in the long run. This relationship of his will NOT last.

Joz said:
:rotflmao:
Hey JB, wanna come help?! We've got most of the stuff out now in case Kevin tries anything. But he still has the 2 pre-amps that are Aaron's that we'll never again see.
Oh if I was in Ohio....You'd be gettin alot more than that back!!!!

Joz said:
But then again I'm inclined to believe they're just mean a**h**es. Momma is this way and she's taught BOTH her sons quite well. I just tho't Aaron meant more to them than this.

I'm sure your right about that, my cousin did something similar to my grandmother of all people!

I do also believe they have set themselves up for some serious pay back. What ultimately comes around goes around, bad Karma, you only get what you give sort of thing.

Said1 said:
I'm sure your right about that, my cousin did something similar to my grandmother of all people!

I do also believe they have set themselves up for some serious pay back. What ultimately comes around goes around, bad Karma, you only get what you give sort of thing.
All of these people need a good ole country ass whoopin!!!
In the words of Larry the Cable Guy "Get er' Done"

Said1 said:

Oops! Didn't realize Musicman was the one logged-in.

It's funny you used the word 'Karma'. That WAS the name of their studio, Karma Studio. I agree what goes around comes around. It just also proves what I've said before. It may take time, but people will eventually reveal what they truly are.

Said1 said:
Yeah, give them enough rope....

That's the sweet part... when they do it to themselves. Not to say we don't all screw up now & again, and show that unattractive side of ourselves. But when it becomes a way of life......

I helped those kids move for 7 hours today! Gotta again tomorrow.
The bitch of it all is that Aaron's dad had made some sound-proof walls for their studio that aren't attached to the house's structure. Since they were Aaron's, I was planning on taking them but I'm not going to be able to. They are HEAVY, bulky, can't get them up the stairs and so forth. I could reduce them to kindling but I'm tooooo upset about them. They weren't outrageously expensive to make, about $80 each, plus all the labor. And I don't have the money currently to replace them. But I AM rendering them unuseable. I don't want to seem mean or vindictive but I will NOT see this young man benefit from the use of these walls. Okay, I am.

Forum List

Back