True Face Of Islam in Saudia Arabia

Originally posted by gop_jeff

"Look, I'm not going to make excuses for their actions, because I think they were wrong to do what they did. Ultimately, however, their actions will be judged by God, not me."

Well let's take a look at the New Testament and the actions of those who claim Christ as their savior. So the murder of tens of thousands in order to convert them to Christianity doesn't point to the faith for which you follow?

King James Version

Matthew 7
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

If Christianity is a good tree than it appears it cannot bring forth evil fruit.

"Again, God is the ultimate judge, not me. I will leave the fairness of it to Him."

Let's take a look at Jesus' New Testament for validation of the mininsters words to the reporter concerning the mass murderer living through faith and not through works. Passing the intolerance off by the very words of the NT which brings those who accept the shed blood of Jesus as savior and onto the next world amounts to hypocrisy.

Ephesians 2
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's nice but you shouldn't skip the part of the methods the Spanish missionaries and conquistadors used to convert the native Indians of the countries they captured. They burned them alive, split them open or just simply murdered them with swords with the option of joining up with Christ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Again, I'm not making excuses... see above."

Yes you might take another look at the NT clear verse that without a personal belief in Jesus and his sacrifice, all others are headed for hell.

quote:
The following two are just a few of many sites demonstrating Christian tolerance for other religions.
http://www.tfmc.us/html/news/reveals.html
http://www.sbts.edu/mohler/Fidelita...rticle=fidel033
So the Southern Baptists decided to try and convert Jews to Christianity? So what? I think these people prove my original point: they are confident that, in the free exchange of ideas, Christianity will be accepted by many who hear it. If this upsets you, organize a group from your synagouge to try to convert Chirstians (or Muslims, or atheists) to Judaism.

Actually my synagogue and for reasons unknown have half the congregrants self converts from Christianity to Judaism. But without any attempt to evangelize them as this practice is forbidden in the original religion of Jesus Christ.

You say that 'these people are confident that in the free exchange of ideas Christianity will be accepted by many who hear it. Well it happens that the main author of the NT wrote in an epistle to the Philippians about how the free exchange of ideas are not enough to get the unsaved to join up.

Phillipians 1:18

Philippians 1
18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

It appears that conversion to Christianity by the very man who met Christ in a vision on the road to Damascus, the driving force behind the NT long after Christ's crucifixion thought that pretence or deceit would be necessary to obtain converts for Christ. And he rejoiced in this practice, twice.

We really should start a thread on another site to go into the theology we both share.

I started a new thread in the Chat section entitled Theology so we can continue the discussion... and let some else go on with the "true face" of Saudi Arabia. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back