True cost of austerity: Slashed training for Police Departments

Police training halts as agencies face budget cuts - USATODAY.com

The Tea Party austerity push is going to have some serious effects. Some are good: Cutting unnecessary govt waste, like parks and rec depts, cultural and arts programs, and other things that the private citizens can do for themselves.

However...some have taken it very far. And, according to the USA Today source, 70% of police departments have been forced to slash basic training and in-service training budgets. That includes weapons, tactics, crime scene investigation, etc, etc.

Add to that less competitive pay packages, which draws fewer good candidates.....and makes retaining good cops harder.

The result? Well, as the article says, it wont be seen overnight. Which is probably why TP politicians like cutting police/fire/education budgets. Because it's not an immediately visible result. It takes a few years for that cut to show, and by then, heck, they'll be in the Senate!!! SC Gov Nikki Haley sure seems to be following that plan.

So maybe you'll get a cop who is less trained with his weapon responding to a hostage or school shooting situation. Or maybe he has never been shown how to process a crime scene, and thus, can't find who stole your car. Or....in some cities, they may not even fucking bother showing up, like Oakland, CA who no longer come to car or home burglaries if the suspect has already left the scene (you have to file a report yourself online).

Or...maybe, since they can't attract or keep better officers, you'll get a cop who was the bottom-of-the-bucket in applicants, and he's the one who pulls you over, and thinks it's a wonderful service to write you a $200 ticket for doing 1mph over the speed limit.

But, hey, at least no one's property taxes went up 0.3%!!

So there was not a single other dime that could be cut anywhere in those districts? Slashing police budgets was the only option? I call bullshit.

The same people who want and love to see their public workers taken down to nothing are the same ones who will be the first to complain when they need help. Imagine that.

Poor poor Gestapo. What will they do now? Me so sad.

You believe our police forces are the gestapo?

Fuck your sorry ass. I hope you don't get the police response that you may need some day.

Typical loyal Goose Stepper blather. Big Brother will never allow his Gestapo to be under-funded. This post is pure fiction.

Man, you have some fucking mental problems.

Let me guess, you celebrate every time a police officer gets killed in the line of duty? Pour a little glass of wine in celebration of the shooter's actions?

Last edited:
Poor poor Gestapo. What will they do now? Me so sad.

Fuck your sorry ass. I hope you don't get the police response that you may need some day.

What response?

Showing up after a crime has been committed and then not finding the perp or recovering your stolen property?

Yeah some response.

So the police are never effective at anything they do. They never intercept criminals, they never prevent crime, they certainly don't lower crime?

What response?

Showing up after a crime has been committed and then not finding the perp or recovering your stolen property?

Yeah some response.

So the police are never effective at anything they do. They never intercept criminals, they never prevent crime, they certainly don't lower crime?

All I know is the several times I called them they did fucking squat.

In fact years ago when I was a college student some asshole broke down my door with an axe
at the time I couldn't afford a phone so I had to call from a neighbor's

The fucking idiot cop accused me of being a drug dealer and that's why my place got busted up.

I said to him, "what kind of fucking drug dealer doesn't even have a phone you idiot?"

Yeah great response.

What response?

Yeah some response.

In fact years ago when I was a college student some asshole broke down my door with an axe

The fucking idiot cop accused me of being a drug dealer and that's why my place got busted up.

I said to him, "what kind of fucking drug dealer doesn't even have a phone you idiot?"

Yeah great response.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6i6VuI_fc&feature]Romney On Obama's Plan To Hire More Police & Firefighters - YouTube[/ame]
Republicans swear Mitt Romney NEVER SAID THIS!

The problem here is that this was the first time Republicans identified those "government workers" by job. Before, it was always some cigarette smoking trench-coat wearing bureaucrat who worked in a smoke filled back room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah great response.

True story.

I lived in a fucking shit hole apartment and the cop was a total douche bag.

Face it cops can't protect you and they aren't meant to.

In fact the fucking police are nothing but another revenue arm of the state.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/driving-citation-statistics/

Speeding tickets: a 6 billion dollar a year industry.

Last edited:

Yeah great response.

True story.

Cops can and do protect and serve. If they didn't, your "shit hole apartment" would be found everywhere.

True story.

Cops can and do protect and serve. If they didn't, your "shit hole apartment" would be found everywhere.

Yeah right.

I live in town now with 4 count em 4 cops ( state police assigned to the area not town cops) and I almost never see a cruiser and we have no crime to speak of.

When I lived in a city while going to school there were cops everywhere and out of control crime.

Protect and serve my ass.

Last edited:

Typical loyal Goose Stepper blather. Big Brother will never allow his Gestapo to be under-funded. This post is pure fiction.

Let me guess, you celebrate every time a police officer gets killed in the line of duty? Pour a little glass of wine in celebration of the shooter's actions?

Big Brother under-funding his Gestapo is pure fantasy. It ain't gonna happen. Some are just using that B.S. to scare the Sheeple into excepting more Taxation & Debt. Just like the Dear Leader lamenting about all bridges in America collapsing immediately if he didn't get his Stimulus $Trillion. Yeah, one bridge collapsing in Minnesota 5 or 6 years ago = All bridges in America are going to collapse immediately. Sure it does. This stuff is such fear mongering Bullshite. We're a Police State. The Gestapo will be just fine. So don't shed any tears for em.

Big Brother under-funding his Gestapo is pure fantasy. It ain't gonna happen. Some are just using that B.S. to scare the Sheeple into excepting more Taxation & Debt. Just like the Dear Leader lamenting about all bridges in America collapsing immediately if he didn't get his Stimulus $Trillion. Yeah, one bridge collapsing in Minnesota 5 or 6 years ago = All bridges in America are going to collapse immediately. Sure it does. This stuff is such fear mongering Bullshite. We're a Police State. The Gestapo will be just fine. So don't shed any tears for em.

So you do celebrate then? Every time an officer is on the news, slain in the line of duty... you do a fist pump and scream, "YEAH! FUCK YOU PIG DOG!"?

So you do celebrate then? Every time an officer is on the news, slain in the line of duty... you do a fist pump and scream, "YEAH! FUCK YOU PIG DOG!"?

Obviously, no. But this hysterical fear mongering is such a scam. Yeah sure, Big Brother isn't going to fund his Gestapo. That's just so ridiculous to believe. The Sheeple will be kept in line. You can bet on that. Who's gonna enforce their Patriot Act and NDAA? Think about that for a bit. Their just using this to scare the Sheeple. They must be coaxed into excepting more Taxation & Debt. And fear mongering accomplishes that goal. The Gestapo's gonna be just fine. Their funding is endless.

Forum List

Back