Tropical Storm May Threaten BP’s Cleanup, Spread Oil

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
June 22 (Bloomberg) -- The first storm of the Atlantic hurricane season may enter the Gulf of Mexico as soon as next week, possibly disrupting BP Plc’s efforts to clean up the worst oil spill in U.S. history.
A system of thunderstorms in the Caribbean may strengthen into a tropical storm this week before heading into the Gulf between Mexico and Cuba, said Jim Rouiller, a senior energy meteorologist at Planalytics Inc. in Berwyn, Pennsylvania.
The storm currently has a 40 percent chance of developing, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Tropical Storm May Threaten BP’s Cleanup, Spread Oil (Update1) - BusinessWeek

Algae and sea kelp's are natural emulsifiers. I am wondering if the storms are not just going to churn it all into one huge lump of more or less mayonnaise.

It's raining oil, halleulya(sp?) it's rainin oil.

To the tune of it's raining men.

Which I heard a while back playing on the muzak system in the mens room at a rest area in WVA.
I just burst out laughing. got some wierd looks but who cares.

Algae and sea kelp's are natural emulsifiers. I am wondering if the storms are not just going to churn it all into one huge lump of more or less mayonnaise.
No one seems to know.

If it does go into the Gulf I imagine it will push more oil into LA.

No one seems to know.

If it does go into the Gulf I imagine it will push more oil into LA.

I would imagine you would be correct. and just think of all the help we could have had cleaning up this mess. but nooooo not obie wan.

Widyo Willyo, if we get a major hurricane in the Gulf, nothing that was done before will make any differance. The storm surge will carry the oil far inland.

I'll take a wild guess that it wil lhave both positive and negative consequences depending on how you look at it.

Forum List

Back