Tropical storm Beryl killed Nemo

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
ACK We were without power for over 16 hours and our salt water tanks are dead.. Hubby had to work overnight and I did not know how to get to the generator. So we lost both tanks pretty much. A few things lived. Also lost our peach tree.. Do you think insurance will cover the tank LOL just kidding but I bet we lost 2K worth of fish and other things in the tank:eek:

Last edited:
ACK We were without power for over 16 hours and our salt water tanks are dead.. Hubby had to work overnight and I did not know how to do the generator. So we lost both tanks pretty much. A few things lived. Also lost our peach tree.. Do you think insurance will cover the tank LOL just kidding but I bet we lost 2K worth of fish and other things in the tank:eek:

I suggest investing in a battery backup system They have those small units that you can jump a car off or plug a home appliance up and run for a few hours.

ACK We were without power for over 16 hours and our salt water tanks are dead.. Hubby had to work overnight and I did not know how to do the generator. So we lost both tanks pretty much. A few things lived. Also lost our peach tree.. Do you think insurance will cover the tank LOL just kidding but I bet we lost 2K worth of fish and other things in the tank:eek:

I suggest investing in a battery backup system They have those small units that you can jump a car off or plug a home appliance up and run for a few hours.

We have them but they ran out . if Hubby was home ( he works overnights) it would not have happened. We have a generator

We have them but they ran out . if Hubby was home ( he works overnights) it would not have happened. We have a generator
Um. I understand you're uh murkin but staring a generator isn't rocket science.
Get "hubby" to teach you.

Um. I understand you're uh murkin but staring a generator isn't rocket science.
Get "hubby" to teach you.
I know how to start them . It was were it was that I could not get to it. I have 3 disc out in my back and I really dont want to do any more damage .. Since I was a NAVY wife for 25 years. I do know a thing or two about household stuff .. I had to do ALOT by myself thank you very much

Last edited:

Sorry for your lose but now you can have a fish fry. Just kidding.

Geez what a drag. So you guys going to start over with the fish or just chalk it up?

I think we are going to change it to Fresh water. We just got a new stand/tank a few weeks ago that we were going to transfer them over but now I think we will just set up the new tank as fresh and give the other tank to my son who wants a snake :eek:

Forum List

Back