Troops Taking Pics With The Dead. So What?

"You have the right to follow the orders of those above, as you have sworn to do, or face the consequences."

Which does not include you or civilians in general.

"You have the right to follow the orders of those above, as you have sworn to do, or face the consequences." Which does not include you or civilians in general.

Do you not understand that civilians write the UCMJ, civilians promulgate the UCMJ, civilians make sure the armed forces adhere to it? So, yes, you do what you are ordered to do or face the consequences.

The consequences are these, in part: do not dishonor the dead, or pay the price.

The Declaration of Independence is not a declaration of rights. People have onlly those rights that they are willing to demand and defend. Just sayin.

The Declaration of Independence is not a declaration of rights. People have onlly those rights that they are willing to demand and defend. Just sayin.

Those have actually fought, been injured, and DIED to protect this nation see it perhaps in a differing light.

"Do you not understand that civilians write the UCMJ, civilians promulgate the UCMJ, civilians make sure the armed forces adhere to it? So, yes, you do what you are ordered to do or face the consequences."

Who orders and officiates courtsmartial? Who orders nonjudicial punishment?

In today's headlines: Photos revealed of US troops posing with corpses

I'm getting tired of the media making a big deal of soldiers taking souvenir photos. That's the nature of war. It has always been done, it comes with the territory. I've seen much worse war souvenirs.

Is it unseemly? Maybe. But it's WAR!

Is it a little weird? Sure. But so is WAR!

Is it disrespectful? Yeah. But so is WAR!

Is it inciteful? Probably. But so is WAR!

I'm sure some thin-skinned, empathic, namby-pamby will ask, "What if the dead person were your son/brother/dad"?

To that I say, we have already seen what these animals do to our dead, and it isn't any nicer.

War is hell. If you didn't know that going in, wake the fuck up.

I agree, I think too many of our troops are stretched too far. I did two tours in Vietnam. I think if I was was sent back for a third, I would've reached a burn out point. However, I volunteered to go back. Today's soldiers do NOT have that option!

THIS can create more danger for OTHER troops there, THAT is what is WRONG with it!

Those have actually fought, been injured, and DIED to protect this nation see it perhaps in a differing light.

And what were they doing if not protecting your rights? Rights are gained and maintained
by people; not paper. Aside from "died" I'm part of that group.

"THIS can create more danger for OTHER troops there, THAT is what is WRONG with it!"

Actually it doesn't appear the enemy we are fighting believes that or they wouldn't do so much of it. Do know of any actual reason to believe what you suppose?

"THIS can create more danger for OTHER troops there, THAT is what is WRONG with it!"

Actually it doesn't appear the enemy we are fighting believes that or they wouldn't do so much of it. Do know of any actual reason to believe what you suppose?

The deaths after the burning of the Koran, AND your insult to the Declaration is unbecoming of an AMERICAN.

"Do you not understand that civilians write the UCMJ, civilians promulgate the UCMJ, civilians make sure the armed forces adhere to it? So, yes, you do what you are ordered to do or face the consequences."

Who orders and officiates courtsmartial? Who orders nonjudicial punishment?

Only after the UCMJ is promulgated by the president, then the secdefense, then the chiefs of staff, then their various judge advocates general, and then finally your commanders. It all begins with the civilians.

Why do you have trouble with this?

And what were they doing if not protecting your rights? Rights are gained and maintained
by people; not paper. Aside from "died" I'm part of that group.

And we all honor your service and your sacrifice.

Forum List

Back