Troops, military vehicles gather in Bangkok

Hey motherfucker....I gave you what you gave me....don't like it? Edit out all the bullshit and get down to the key phrases that matter...it's what I did with your bullshit apology.
if i had been the one to fuck your mother you wouldn't be such a hostile-aggressive asshole.

now go back to your wife, daughter, condo, tiger, business, whatever the fuck it is you do when you are not filling this board with your mental diarrhea and quit disturbing my peace with your antagonistic horseshit.

Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen.
Here's a good read for you...if you care to bury the hatchet and learn something about the country.
Briton, Australian arrested over Thai unrest - *XinMSN News

agent-provocateurs who were not separatist islamic terrorists. how about that!?!

they have been a plague on the peace and freedom movements in america since the '60's.

as i stated earlier, this sort of political unrest tends to pop up in that region somewhere or other every few years, often with the same sorts of complaints presented by the red shirts this year.

the reports indicated that, in the past, just as things were reaching the boiling point, thailand's "much beloved king" would step in and settle things down. the reason this year's problems were so alarming, was that the king had been very ill and his presence was not being felt.

i have specific interests in and questions about thailand because of my business in stones, metal and finished jewelry. there are three very bad strikes against thailand that i would like somebody to adress:
  • rumor says thai agents are fomenting the sri lankan civil war for the purpose of moving the asian gem cutting center from colombo to bangkok
  • gem cutting factories use child labor
  • purchasing agents buy unique pieces from american jewelers and then mass produce them

and you lay off the 3rd grade Che Guevera revolutionary crap
oh please. i'm a product of richard j. daley chicago machine politics.

it's people like me who have kept american streets from burning all these years.

i'm credited by some with preventing riots and mayhem.

rumor says thai agents are fomenting the sri lankan civil war for the purpose of moving the asian gem cutting center from colombo to bangkok
Have to disagree with this...Mumbai has one of the largest gem cutting industries on the planet and use child labor because they have hands small enough to manipulate the smaller diamonds and can actually get all 58 facets on diamonds as small as a couple points.
gem cutting factories use child labor
This is a common practice and well regulated in some countrys.
purchasing agents buy unique pieces from american jewelers and then mass produce them
Yes this happens..especially with the Russian owned jewelry stores here...if you don't have an international copyright to the design then you don't legally have a leg to stand on. Company's like Bulgari, Cartier etc DO have copyrights yet still have fake stuff of their's offered for sale...the Police do enforce international agreements in relation to this.

no response to the suggestion that the brit and the australian may have been paid agents sent in to subvert the peaceful intentions of the red shirt protesters.

what's up with the king? who is the successor when he dies?

the accusation about thailand is they chain the kids to the machines and many of them are blinded from the work by the time they are 10 years old.

we (american artists) understand the absolute contempt that orientals generally have toward copyright law and we do the best we can to protect our production piece designs from agents. it's not just the orientals --- i cringe when the brazilian buyers step up to my tables too.

my work gets knocked off in base metal and cheap stone all the time, mass produced and sold for as little as $18.00/dz .

i sell similar pieces in sterling and nicer stone in the $5.00-20.00 range. i lose the trendy kid traffic to the lower price but i don't cater to them anyway.

Patek....

I have read this whole thread and must say that I have gained a ton of respect for you. You seem to be a great family man.. husband and father... with honor and integrity.

You seem to be the kind of man this country and world needs more of.

no response to the suggestion that the brit and the australian may have been paid agents sent in to subvert the peaceful intentions of the red shirt protesters.

what's up with the king? who is the successor when he dies?

the accusation about thailand is they chain the kids to the machines and many of them are blinded from the work by the time they are 10 years old.

we (american artists) understand the absolute contempt that orientals generally have toward copyright law and we do the best we can to protect our production piece designs from agents. it's not just the orientals --- i cringe when the brazilian buyers step up to my tables too.

my work gets knocked off in base metal and cheap stone all the time, mass produced and sold for as little as $18.00/dz .

i sell similar pieces in sterling and nicer stone in the $5.00-20.00 range. i lose the trendy kid traffic to the lower price but i don't cater to them anyway.

Of course they were paid...by Thaksin!!!...but not to subvert the Sah Daeng...but to "organize them" and provide financial support.

and the accusations about Thailand child labor practices are just that...accusations. The government here does enforce the law and when they find out about practices ike this they act. As a recent example...there was a Japanese business here in Bangkok that was discovered to be trafficking in humans to the sex industry in Japan....it was infiltrated and and many arrests took place here and in Japan over the last few days. India and Pakistan have 1000 times more to lose by not keeping their status as the gem cutting capitols of asia than Thailand would lose by subverting Sri Lanka.

Right now the Thai people are not really concerned about who the successor to Rama 9 will be...there is some discussion about the significance or connotation of the nuber 10 being used in the title of any successor but at this point there is no named successor to the King and to do so would be a huge insult against him. The King is the single most revered person in Thailand because of what he and his entire family have done for the poor here.

Patek....

I have read this whole thread and must say that I have gained a ton of respect for you. You seem to be a great family man.. husband and father... with honor and integrity.

I'm gonna be sick. This is as bad as Obama mentioning his daughter asking "Did you plug the ..."

Please, a family man? Who gives a fuck? It's a message board, not a Church picnic. :lol:

yah right, organize them. you've got the peasants from all over the country coming to downtown bangkok calling for him to resign and he's going to hire a couple of mercs to help them?

you are pulling my leg, yes?

i suppose you are going to try to convince us that thailand's world famous sex business only involves slaving when it's the japanese or koreans doing it?

i think the picture is getting clearer --- you're not a rich businessman, you're a retired spook who married a native woman and settled there.

that doesn't make you a bad person and your discussion is worthwhile.

carry on. i'd like to know more about the king. there are reports that he is totally out of the picture and they are pretty much waiting for him to die. is that true?

i don't spend my life at open mikes and at least i know how to use my spell checker.

i happen to be an heir to a modest family fortune that is built on a lot of blood, sweat and tears and not the paper game you likely play. i can afford to blow music with my friends on tuesday nights.

fuck you rich man. i'm a blue collar person and proud of it

how is someone blue collar who is heir to a family fortune?

that sounds more like trust fund baby.

which explains the lack of reality.

see, i have no guilt about what i have. i don't understand people who do, i'm afraid.

i don't spend my life at open mikes and at least i know how to use my spell checker.

i happen to be an heir to a modest family fortune that is built on a lot of blood, sweat and tears and not the paper game you likely play. i can afford to blow music with my friends on tuesday nights.

fuck you rich man. i'm a blue collar person and proud of it

how is someone blue collar who is heir to a family fortune?

that sounds more like trust fund baby.

which explains the lack of reality.

see, i have no guilt about what i have. i don't understand people who do, i'm afraid.

we were in manufacturing which included, among other things, manufacturing and installing the electrical systems in all the big towers in chicago, the original playboy bunny costume and custom racing sails for ted turner.

it's not a very big fortune, its a 3-way split and my parents are still alive. i get nothing from the family in the way of support and do not have access to even the interest on my trust until after the parents are gone.

there is no shame in my game. in fact i am quite proud of the achievements of my family, our friends which includes an uncle who was the CoE battalion commander under George Patton and one of the most highly decorated non-combatants in the history of the army.

Patek....

I'm gonna be sick. This is as bad as Obama mentioning his daughter asking "Did you plug the ..."

Please, a family man? Who gives a fuck? It's a message board, not a Church picnic. :lol:

It should be noted that a compliment of another member gets ridicule from you. This is the first time I have complimented a person this way, but I think he deserves it. He defended his wife and daughter like a father and husband should. He presents his arguments very well.

I felt like complimenting him. What is your problem with that?

Forum List

Back