Troops, military vehicles gather in Bangkok

• Banned
certainly the folks about to get blown away care but i was wondering about the poster children in this little playpen.

you are somewhere within ten miles of my current position. either pm me or pop me something at yahoo with this name if you would like to meet. am currently at ruta maya for open mike night

Last edited:
  • Banned
Dude....I'm in Bangkok right now....what the fuck are you talking about....there isn't going to be a massacre.

okay, you want to tell us what is going to happen if and when the remaining red shirts refuse to abandon the encampment the army has surrounded?

the progression i see is encirclement, sniping off the leadership followed by?

if that was our police or troops, the next move after rejecting diplomatic solutions and the protestors refusing to comply with orders, is to hose the whole crowd down.

what do you think is going to happen. i'm only reading news reports. you claim to be on the ground in country. i defer to your reporting.

You making such statements about the Thai people is indicative of your complete lack of understanding not only of the current situation but also the Thai culture as a whole. They have the Red Shirts surrounded in the Victory Monument area from Praram 4 to Silom to Central Chidlom to Pratunam. From my condo on Radjdamri Rd next to the Four Seasons Hotel we can see the burning tires, troops etc...

The government wil keep them surrounded until they give up....period. There will be no mass bloodshed like you seem to want.

• Banned
oh yeah, just what i want --- plenty of bloodshed.

something tells me that you are of an upper caste and aren't going to be of much use to us american peons in support of your peasants. i hope whatever business it is that allows you the luxury of a condo in downtown bangkok isn't one that will make it difficult for your spirit to go anyplace pleasant after your body is dead.

you assume wrong, but then i could be wrong that you are an effete bourgeois pig sitting in a condo with a prostitute or two sucking alcoholic beverages while you watch the fun in the streets below.

one thing i do know about the thai people and their politics is that this sort of thing has happened every few years throughout my whole lifetime. there has never been a wholesale slaughter of dissidents that i know of but according to news reports this year's events are different in a major way.

that is it is written that in the past, the much beloved thai king would step in and settle things down before they got to the stage we are seeing today. this year he has been very ill and not seen since january. is he dying? is the replacement going to be respected?

so how much different is it for the army to be killing a few people at a time over a long period as opposed to blowing everybody away in an afternoon?

something tells me that you are of an upper caste and aren't going to be of much use to us american peons in support of your peasants. i hope whatever business it is that allows you the luxury of a condo in downtown bangkok isn't one that will make it difficult for your spirit to go anyplace pleasant after your body is dead.

you assume wrong, but then i could be wrong that you are an effete bourgeois pig sitting in a condo with a prostitute or two sucking alcoholic beverages while you watch the fun in the streets below.

one thing i do know about the thai people and their politics is that this sort of thing has happened every few years throughout my whole lifetime. there has never been a wholesale slaughter of dissidents that i know of but according to news reports this year's events are different in a major way.

that is it is written that in the past, the much beloved thai king would step in and settle things down before they got to the stage we are seeing today. this year he has been very ill and not seen since january. is he dying? is the replacement going to be respected?

so how much different is it for the army to be killing a few people at a time over a long period as opposed to blowing everybody away in an afternoon?

You sir are a judgemental ass....and you wonder why you spend your life at open mike nights.....try a little introspection and meditate on why your life is where it's at right now before casting dispersions on others based on your own pathetic, grandiose fantasies. In case you're wondering how a person can afford nice things it's called hard work and sacrifice...obvious alien concepts to some people on these boards.

It's obviously no big deal. The only thing that's happened so far is killing of 70-some inconsequential civilians who were voicing there pesky little opinions until the government decided that it was time to stomp them out.

Imagine if Iran or North Korea or Venezuela had crushed unarmed civilians like this? Would there be any outcry in western media against it? If your answer is "Yes", the next obvious question is "Why wouldn't there be an outcry against the killing of these civilians in Thailand?"

If you don't have a clear understanding on exactly why this would be, all you need to do is read through some of the responses on this thread. There are some people who believe that this kind of treatment of citizens by government forces is acceptable, so long as it aligns with their political philosophy. Humanity is not part of their equation.

I find that attitude to be a disgusting abomination.

It's obviously no big deal. The only thing that's happened so far is killing of 70-some inconsequential civilians who were voicing there pesky little opinions until the government decided that it was time to stomp them out.

Imagine if Iran or North Korea or Venezuela had crushed unarmed civilians like this? Would there be any outcry in western media against it? If your answer is "Yes", the next obvious question is "Why wouldn't there be an outcry against the killing of these civilians in Thailand?"

If you don't have a clear understanding on exactly why this would be, all you need to do is read through some of the responses on this thread. There are some people who believe that this kind of treatment of citizens by government forces is acceptable, so long as it aligns with their political philosophy. Humanity is not part of their equation.

Your ignorance of facts on the ground here are quite evident as well. It woud behoove you to get your news from other agencies besides Al Jazeera and the BBC.

The "civilians" as you like to call them are in fact well armed and in possession of explosive devices. Some of them are in fact muslim separatists from the south of Thailand and THEY are the ones who have been lighting the shopping malls and hospitals on fire....but your "news" sources aren't telling you that are they?

Your ignorance of facts on the ground here are quite evident as well. It woud behoove you to get your news from other agencies besides Al Jazeera and the BBC.

The "civilians" as you like to call them are in fact well armed and in possession of explosive devices. Some of them are in fact muslim separatists from the south of Thailand and THEY are the ones who have been lighting the shopping malls and hospitals on fire....but your "news" sources aren't telling you that are they?

prove your allegations about the muslims.

You making such statements about the Thai people is indicative of your complete lack of understanding not only of the current situation but also the Thai culture as a whole. They have the Red Shirts surrounded in the Victory Monument area from Praram 4 to Silom to Central Chidlom to Pratunam. From my condo on Radjdamri Rd next to the Four Seasons Hotel we can see the burning tires, troops etc...

The government wil keep them surrounded until they give up....period. There will be no mass bloodshed like you seem to want.

I hope your right PatekPhilippe! I have family over there, one being an impressionable young woman who I haven't heard from in weeks... Hoping for the best!

You sir are a judgemental ass....and you wonder why you spend your life at open mike nights.....try a little introspection and meditate on why your life is where it's at right now before casting dispersions on others based on your own pathetic, grandiose fantasies. In case you're wondering how a person can afford nice things it's called hard work and sacrifice...obvious alien concepts to some people on these boards.

i don't spend my life at open mikes and at least i know how to use my spell checker.

i happen to be an heir to a modest family fortune that is built on a lot of blood, sweat and tears and not the paper game you likely play. i can afford to blow music with my friends on tuesday nights.

fuck you rich man. i'm a blue collar person and proud of it

It's funny how the claims of militant muslims don't come out until AFTER the government starts slaughtering people, isn't it?

Before the slaughter, they're people demanding honest government. Afterwards, they're dismissed as an evil terrorist-related group.

Maybe I swallowed the wrong pill or something, because for some odd reason, I'm opposed to using military force against citizens who are protesting for redress against government issues. Call me crazy, I guess.

....and i don't blame those who have taken up arms in response. If our military was unleashed on protesting citizens, I EXPECT them to fight back.

It's funny how the claims of militant muslims don't come out until AFTER the government starts slaughtering people, isn't it?

Before the slaughter, they're people demanding honest government. Afterwards, they're dismissed as an evil terrorist-related group.

Maybe I swallowed the wrong pill or something, because for some odd reason, I'm opposed to using military force against citizens who are protesting for redress against government issues. Call me crazy, I guess.

....and i don't blame those who have taken up arms in response. If our military was unleashed on protesting citizens, I EXPECT them to fight back.

stay crazy, bro.

remember kent state.

Yeah...remember Kent State....that'll keep your sorry ass busy....

At any rate since the idiots here who subscribe to terrorists being shot by the government they are threatening are comparing this to Kent State now....let's get some facts out.

I went down to Central World today and listened to the people who lost everything they had when the Kent State like heros of the leftwing douchebags, like tommywho'sbrokebluecollarassucksasasinger for example, went on a wilding spree and set the shopping malls on fire thus burning up the only way for thousands to make a living.

Last edited:

Hey Phil... see if you can get some pictures of dead communists... the more the better.

At any rate since the idiots here who subscribe to terrorists being shot by the government they are threatening are comparing this to Kent State now....let's get some facts out.

I went down to Central World today and listened to the people who lost everything they had when the Kent State like heros of the leftwing douchebags, like tommywho'sbrokebluecollarassucksasasinger for example, went on a wilding spree and set the shopping malls on fire thus burning up the only way for thousands to make a living.
oh did i get the pretend plutocrat's hackle's up? i'm not a left winger either shit for brains. or broke. or a singer (i'm an instrumentalist and have played with high profile players over the years)

tell me you're in the jewelry business over there and i'll really understand what kind of elitist authoritarian scum and morally bankrupt piece of shit you are.

i have never supported "wilding" and have been in a position to prevent that kind of madness here in america repeatedly since 1965

i do support, and have been severely injured for it, non-violent redress of grievances against elected officials and career bureaucrats, which from the best news sources i have seen in the past few weeks, the majority of the red shirts were peasants with a complaint about the way the current government was formed.

i will not try to apologize for any islamic extremists or other violent crazies that latched onto the peaceful protesters. extremists of all sorts are attracted to this kind of stuff, always have, always will and there will always be assholes like mr fancy watch who will cheer on the forces of so-called law and order no matter what the actual facts are.

'at least he was right about a massacre not being in the cards. thank god.

oh did i get the pretend plutocrat's hackle's up? i'm not a left winger either shit for brains. or broke. or a singer (i'm an instrumentalist and have played with high profile players over the years)

tell me you're in the jewelry business over there and i'll really understand what kind of elitist authoritarian scum and morally bankrupt piece of shit you are.

i have never supported "wilding" and have been in a position to prevent that kind of madness here in america repeatedly since 1965

i do support, and have been severely injured for it, non-violent redress of grievances against elected officials and career bureaucrats, which from the best news sources i have seen in the past few weeks, the majority of the red shirts were peasants with a complaint about the way the current government was formed.

i will not try to apologize for any islamic extremists or other violent crazies that latched onto the peaceful protesters. extremists of all sorts are attracted to this kind of stuff, always have, always will and there will always be assholes like mr fancy watch who will cheer on the forces of so-called law and order no matter what the actual facts are.

'at least he was right about a massacre not being in the cards. thank god.

See that? I was right...you were wrong. I live here with my wife and daughter and work for the U.S. government after an honorabe 20 year military career. I don't sit around, smoke dope, advocate the legalization of heroin so it can be distributed by "entertainment venues", hail the Kent State radicals who terrorized the town for fucking days as heros or brag about my anti-government rallies and all the cool musicians "I played with". The government shot unarmed peope in front of a buddhist temple...this is a tradgedy that someone like you can know nothing about. There will be ramificatiions over this for a decade at least...I volunteered my time to help the city clean up because I genuinely care about the people here and respect my wife's culture...something you have little concept of other than what you can see when you visit your drug dealer for another fix....and your anti-establishment, hippie, I'm such a cool musician routine is quite boring actually. The fact is this. You don't know SHIT about this country or what it's people are like other than what you find on your fucking asian porn sites...so take your self indignation and attitude and shove right up your fat ass. Your lame stories are nothing more than a pack of lies in an attempt to garner credibiity and rep from the other HONEST liberal posters here.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back