Troops love the president

Maybe now -- that the Left thinks the troops love Obama, they'll stop blocking their absentee vote!

Nah. They'll be "hostile" again come election time.

What did I tell you guys last year? I told you the military vote would go to Obama. You all mocked me as if the thought was absurd.

A military guy was on the Ed Schultz show and he said they make a point not to talk against the current commander & chief, but almost all of them went DEMOCRAT.

Block the Absentee vote? Maybe this should be moved to the Conspiracy Theories? :lol:

OpenSecrets | Troops Deployed Abroad Give 6:1 to Obama - Capital Eye

Troops prefer Obama 6 to 1.

Thats total bullshit unless your telling me that the ratio between races is 6to 1 black the only reason Obow man was elected is because he is Black

Some military personal do like Obama, I just had the oppurtunity to sit next to a woman in the National Guard. We were traveling throught the Atlanta airport. I asked her what she thought, she said she liked Obama. She also told me Obama gave them a raise. I had to point out he is cutting military spending and that he specifically stated that Obama wants to enlarge Americorp to over 250,000 people and to make them, "as well funded, and as powerful as the military". Obama's exact words. This National Guard soldier was surprised and said she will have to look that up. She was deeply concerned that this is true.

Well you non-military people. Do you have any idea what consequences would come from even attempting to show a lack of support for the President would bring? Of course you don't because you have never been in the military. The only change we got in this election was location. Our orders are being diverted from Iraq to Afganistan. We are still deploying we will still be at war and you will still see one moe surge in Iraq. Obama talks about the removal of combat troops by 2010 when in reality none of the soldiers in Iraq are combat troops because we are on a peace keeping mission and training soldiers. So even if Obama doesn't decrease troop strength by one soldier he has kept his word. Way to vote America Way to vote.

Nah. They'll be "hostile" again come election time.

What did I tell you guys last year? I told you the military vote would go to Obama. You all mocked me as if the thought was absurd.

A military guy was on the Ed Schultz show and he said they make a point not to talk against the current commander & chief, but almost all of them went DEMOCRAT.

Block the Absentee vote? Maybe this should be moved to the Conspiracy Theories? :lol:

OpenSecrets | Troops Deployed Abroad Give 6:1 to Obama - Capital Eye

Troops prefer Obama 6 to 1.

Thats total bullshit unless your telling me that the ratio between races is 6to 1 black the only reason Obow man was elected is because he is Black

March 19, 2007
RUSH: These people are racists. You know, the racists in our society, Ted, are these white liberals. They're the ones that notice your skin color before anything else

Aww the little leftistas are having a circle jerk because the "Onion" and CNN say so.

Funny, but when I ask the troops I know, I hear the real story, they didn't vote for him/it and are getting out as soon as their time is over.

http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/dehumanization/
Dehumanization

Dehumanization is a psychological process whereby opponents view each other as less than human and thus not deserving of moral consideration.

The Psychology of Dehumanization

Dehumanization is actually an extension of a less intense process of developing an "enemy image" of the opponent. During the course of protracted conflict, feelings of anger, fear, and distrust shape the way that the parties perceive each other. Adversarial attitudes and perceptions develop and parties begin to attribute negative traits to their opponent. They may come to view the opponent as an evil enemy, deficient in moral virtue, or as a dangerous, warlike monster.

An enemy image is a negative stereotype through which the opposing group is viewed as evil, in contrast to one's own side, which is seen as good. Such images can stem from a desire for group identity and a need to contrast the distinctive attributes and virtues of one's own group with the vices of the "outside" group.[4] In some cases, evil-ruler enemy images form. While ordinary group members are regarded as neutral, or perhaps even innocent, their leaders are viewed as hideous monsters.[5]
Enemy images are usually black and white. The negative actions of one's opponent are thought to reflect their fundamental evil nature, traits, or motives.[6] One's own faults, as well as the values and motivations behind the actions of one's opponent, are usually discounted, denied, or ignored. It becomes difficult to empathize or see where one's opponent is coming from. Meaningful communication is unlikely, and it becomes difficult to perceive any common ground.
Once formed, enemy images tend to resist change, and serve to perpetuate and intensify the conflict. Because the adversary has come to be viewed as a "diabolical enemy," the conflict is framed as a war between good and evil.[7] Once the parties have framed the conflict in this way, their positions become more rigid. In some cases, zero-sum thinking develops as parties come to believe that they must either secure their own victory, or face defeat. New goals to punish or destroy the opponent arise, and in some cases more militant leadership comes into power.
Enemy images are accentuated, according to psychologists, by the process of "projection," in which people "project" their own faults onto their opponents. This means that people or groups who tend to be aggressive or selfish are likely to attribute those traits to their opponents, but not to themselves. This improves one's own self-image and increases group cohesion, but it also escalates the conflict and makes it easier to dehumanize the other side.

Deindividuation facilitates dehumanization as well. This is the psychological process whereby a person is seen as a member of a category or group rather than as an individual. Because people who are deindividuated seem less than fully human, they are viewed as less protected by social norms against aggression than those who are individuated.[8] It then becomes easier to rationalize contentious moves or severe actions taken against one's opponents.

Wrong. Troops are forced to cheer, like him or not. I can't imagine many that would be given his world apology tour.

He's not ending shit. Open your eyes, partisan hack.

Forced to cheer???? How??? At gunpoint??? It appeared that was the case when Bush showed up but I watched Obama speaking in front of the troops a few minutes ago and they were whoopin and hollarin and it was clearly spontaneous. He was getting interupted constantly with the crowd noise. Sorry Gunny I know you got medals on your medals but your take on this is wrong. Better clean your sights.

The troops will show respect for the office in public. But when you talk to any Vet from Iraq or Afgan. they despise the Bow Man.
I know I've talked to some how about you ?? You know shit about the Military fuckhead

I've got one word that kills your whole argument that Obama is not more popular than Bush with the troops. Bush was despised by many troops.

STOPLOSS

That one word your precious Bush coined has accounted for thousands of military families breaking up, losing thier stateside jobs(in the cases of national gaurds) and therefore losing thier homes and in many cases suicides.

You can spin it any way you want but I don't have to be in the military to figure out this.

What did I tell you guys last year? I told you the military vote would go to Obama.
No one knows if it did or not. That's the point, the military absentee ballots were disqualified.

Didn't you know? Of course not.

Show me an article that the Democrats did this. First of all, who did we target? Predominently white military men? Because we know that the GOP caged black military voters. What do you say about that? You sir are probably lying.

“Sometimes vote suppression is as important in this business as vote-getting.”
- Carl Golden, Republican Campaign Spokesperson [1]

“Caging” is a direct mail technique used to clean up a mailing list. A political organization sends first class mail to a list of voters (or donors) marked “do not forward.” Sometimes, the mail is sent return receipt requested. Voters whose mail comes back undeliverable, or who do not return the receipt, are removed from the list – caged, in direct mail parlance.

“Vote caging” is when a political organization, typically a political party, compiles a “caging list” of voters whose mail came back undeliverable or who did not return the receipt, and uses that list to challenge those voters as not being validly registered. The challenges can occur prior to Election Day or at the polls.

The problem with using a caging list to challenge voters is simple. First, the list is most often produced using criteria aimed at a particular racial group (picking out African-American precincts, for example). Second, there are plenty of reasons why mail sent to a validly registered voter might be returned as undeliverable or without the signed return receipt requested. For instance, the voter may be serving abroad in the military or away at college.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/12874.html

Well you non-military people. Do you have any idea what consequences would come from even attempting to show a lack of support for the President would bring? Of course you don't because you have never been in the military. The only change we got in this election was location. Our orders are being diverted from Iraq to Afganistan. We are still deploying we will still be at war and you will still see one moe surge in Iraq. Obama talks about the removal of combat troops by 2010 when in reality none of the soldiers in Iraq are combat troops because we are on a peace keeping mission and training soldiers. So even if Obama doesn't decrease troop strength by one soldier he has kept his word. Way to vote America Way to vote.

Yes, I heard that military people were keeping hush hush until after the election, but now, they can say that they are THRILLED Obama is the new Commander & Chief.

I proved to my co-worker that McCain voted against the military 80% of the time and Obama voted with them 80% of the time, and that news got over to Afganistan.

I think it is funny that you right wing idiots are so sure that the GOP owned the militiary vote, but now you see that the military donated 6 to 1 for Obama over McCain.

If that isn't enough proof, you are idiots..

Forced to cheer???? How??? At gunpoint??? It appeared that was the case when Bush showed up but I watched Obama speaking in front of the troops a few minutes ago and they were whoopin and hollarin and it was clearly spontaneous. He was getting interupted constantly with the crowd noise. Sorry Gunny I know you got medals on your medals but your take on this is wrong. Better clean your sights.

The troops will show respect for the office in public. But when you talk to any Vet from Iraq or Afgan. they despise the Bow Man.
I know I've talked to some how about you ?? You know shit about the Military fuckhead

I've got one word that kills your whole argument that Obama is not more popular than Bush with the troops. Bush was despised by many troops.

STOPLOSS

That one word your precious Bush coined has accounted for thousands of military families breaking up, losing thier stateside jobs(in the cases of national gaurds) and therefore losing thier homes and in many cases suicides.

You can spin it any way you want but I don't have to be in the military to figure out this.

I agree. No fucking way the military voted for McCain, UNLESS they are not told the truth.

Like remember McCain voted against Webb's veteran's bill and the next day Bush praised Webb & MCCAIN :eusa_liar: for drafting it?

Remember that military guy got up and argued with McCain at one of his town hall meetings over his record with veterans groups? McCain said he got all A's but the veteran had all the facts. McCain only got C's.

Most of the commanders are probably right wingers. And we know Bush politicized the military, so we know it is run by all right wingers.

But I don't know about the troops. Maybe before when there were more whites in the service, but what is the ratio now?

Anyways, I think you are right. Bush clearly shit on the troops for 6 years and they came home enough times to know what was really going on.

And with the internet, its a lot harder to hide the truth from the troops.

And I heard from a military wife that the troops LOVE Obama!

That was after last week when the GOP tried to suggest Obama hand picked the troops that greeded him in Iraq.

The GOP did that shit for 8 years. Not one real question from one real person. It was all staged. "Mr, President, I have a question, why are you being picked on so much by the liberal media"?

Real hard hitting questions.

Yes, I heard that military people were keeping hush hush until after the election, but now, they can say that they are THRILLED Obama is the new Commander & Chief.

I proved to my co-worker that McCain voted against the military 80% of the time and Obama voted with them 80% of the time, and that news got over to Afganistan.

I think it is funny that you right wing idiots are so sure that the GOP owned the militiary vote, but now you see that the military donated 6 to 1 for Obama over McCain.

You'd have to prove that to me bobo. Just because people donated more money to the Obama campaign it doesn't mean more people voted for him it means the people who voted for Obama tended to give more to the campaign. Fallacy of composition association as causation.

You'd have to prove that to me bobo. Just because people donated more money to the Obama campaign it doesn't mean more people voted for him it means the people who voted for Obama tended to give more to the campaign. Fallacy of composition association as causation.

No! :lol: For years I accepted that the GOP always won the military vote. YEARS!!!

For the first time I'm calling BULLSHIT!!!!

6 to 1 dude!!!! 6 to 1!!!!

And word has it, they all love Obama. They just kept quiet until after the election.

And I am hearing it from the troops on the ground buddy. They know McCain was a traitor.

I just don't get McCain. The McCain in 2000 would have won. And in 2008, he would have won the right wing because he was always the lesser of two evils. McCain needed to cater to the middle. I know people argue that, but just look at the results.

McCain voted against the troops 80/20. I know for a fact this news got to Afganistan, because I am the one who spread it. The father of the soldier didn't believe me, so I showed him, and the next week he said he emailed the story to his son in Afganistan and they were furious with McCain.

I think the GOP underestimate the power of new technology. You can't keep the truth from the soldiers anymore. Lot harder to brainwash them.

And with what Bush did??? Blackwater was the biggest slap in the face to the soldiers. They were above the law, got paid more, caused problems, made the troops look bad.

And you still want to assume the troops are voting GOP? Then you think they are stupid?

No! :lol: For years I accepted that the GOP always won the military vote. YEARS!!!

And word has it, they all love Obama. They just kept quiet until after the election.

And I am hearing it from the troops on the ground buddy. They know McCain was a traitor.

I just don't get McCain. The McCain in 2000 would have won. And in 2008, he would have won the right wing because he was always the lesser of two evils. McCain needed to cater to the middle. I know people argue that, but just look at the results.

McCain voted against the troops 80/20. I know for a fact this news got to Afganistan, because I am the one who spread it. The father of the soldier didn't believe me, so I showed him, and the next week he said he emailed the story to his son in Afganistan and they were furious with McCain.

I think the GOP underestimate the power of new technology. You can't keep the truth from the soldiers anymore. Lot harder to brainwash them.

And with what Bush did??? Blackwater was the biggest slap in the face to the soldiers. They were above the law, got paid more, caused problems, made the troops look bad.

And you still want to assume the troops are voting GOP? Then you think they are stupid?

still haven't seen any proof from you bobo.

Here is the difference when you refer to troops you say They. When I refer to troops I say We. Get it? Blackwater wasn't a slap in the face having rules of engagement governed by people who are not even in the war was a slap in the face. Having liberals rant that we weren't liberating and seeing young girls raped with knives because they were the wrong religion is a slap in the face so please before you speak on my behalf or any other soldiers behalf walk in our shoes. Thank You

still haven't seen any proof from you bobo.

What proof did you ever have that the GOP won in 2004, 2000, 96, 92, etc?

I have 6 to 1 in favor of Obama.

What chu got Del?

Here is the difference when you refer to troops you say They. When I refer to troops I say We. Get it? Blackwater wasn't a slap in the face having rules of engagement governed by people who are not even in the war was a slap in the face. Having liberals rant that we weren't liberating and seeing young girls raped with knives because they were the wrong religion is a slap in the face so please before you speak on my behalf or any other soldiers behalf walk in our shoes. Thank You

I find phony soldiers like you on these boards all the time. When I talk to soldiers who don't have a political agenda, I get the truth.

How long has it been since you were in the service?

PS. Military gave to Obama 6 to 1. So you dumb fuck one in the 6 to 1. :clap2:

And excuse me if you are feeling guilty about crimes that may have been committed.

And excuse us for reporting the facts.

KBR Must Be Accountable for Iraq Deaths: US Senators | CommonDreams.org

The day we stop reporting the facts because of "PATRIOTISM" is the day, well, actually, that would be 2000-2006.

Michelle Malkin » A closer look at those Halliburton/KBR gang-rape allegations

And I typically don't bitch about the soldiers. Usually I'm arguing for them. Like how the military is telling the VA doctors not to diagnose vets with PTSD because it will cost the military more.

And all that shit went on under Bush, and now Obama is going to bend over backward for Vets, and assholes like you won't appreciate it because you are brainwashed. Just like McCain when he was in the Hanoi Hilton. Fucking Manchurian Candidate.

I respect you and McCain for your service, but that doesn't mean you aren't evil arrogant greedy cock suckers the both of you. How many houses do you have idiot? :eusa_shhh:

I find phony soldiers like you on these boards all the time. When I talk to soldiers who don't have a political agenda, I get the truth.
Haha leave it to someone who hasn't served to call a soldier phony. Pathetic.

I'm still in.

PS. Military gave to Obama 6 to 1. So you dumb fuck one in the 6 to 1. :clap2:
Because I thought that he was better for the job but didn't want to spend my money on someone who was only going to be a little bit better than the competition? I'd rather save my money and ride the rails and keep my money in my pocket.

And excuse me if you are feeling guilty about crimes that may have been committed.
What crimes and what guilt dont twist my words. Young girls were raped and killed in Iraq because of religion and you say we aren't liberators. The politicians have their reasons for war be we have our reasons for fighting. DO NOT get the two confused.

The day we stop reporting the facts because of "PATRIOTISM" is the day, well, actually, that would be 2000-2006.
You report the facts as told to you not from experience see where yours seem to be less reliable. Hell you report hearsay which doesn't even hold up in court. Join the military then tell me your opinion based on experience.

And I typically don't bitch about the soldiers. Usually I'm arguing for them. Like how the military is telling the VA doctors not to diagnose vets with PTSD because it will cost the military more.
Yeah soldiers get screwed not a reason for us not to do our jobs though. War is our job good or bad like it or not.

And all that shit went on under Bush, and now Obama is going to bend over backward for Vets, and assholes like you won't appreciate it because you are brainwashed. Just like McCain when he was in the Hanoi Hilton. Fucking Manchurian Candidate.
Obama is not going to bend over backwards to help us. He is going to try and bend us over but seeing as how you see things backwards I can see how you formed that opinion.

I respect you and McCain for your service, but that doesn't mean you aren't evil arrogant greedy cock suckers the both of you. How many houses do you have idiot? :eusa_shhh:
I have one house. If you knew any people in the military like you claim you would know thats what we can afford. In all actuality you probably make more than me bobo.

I'm still in.

Because I thought that he was better for the job but didn't want to spend my money on someone who was only going to be a little bit better than the competition? I'd rather save my money and ride the rails and keep my money in my pocket.

What crimes and what guilt dont twist my words. Young girls were raped and killed in Iraq because of religion and you say we aren't liberators. The politicians have their reasons for war be we have our reasons for fighting. DO NOT get the two confused.

You report the facts as told to you not from experience see where yours seem to be less reliable. Hell you report hearsay which doesn't even hold up in court. Join the military then tell me your opinion based on experience.

Yeah soldiers get screwed not a reason for us not to do our jobs though. War is our job good or bad like it or not.

Obama is not going to bend over backwards to help us. He is going to try and bend us over but seeing as how you see things backwards I can see how you formed that opinion.

I have one house. If you knew any people in the military like you claim you would know thats what we can afford. In all actuality you probably make more than me bobo.

Counter Questions:

1. Why do you think we gave so much to Obama? 6 out of every 1 soldiers must have been worried about McCain being Commander, and that must have something to do with Bush's leadership, huh?

2. Weren't you scared Obama was going to win? Wasn't that enough to give $ to McCain?

3. I wish I could wave a magic wand and exclude you from all the liberal benefits that will be coming your way via Obama.

Just like you right wing idiots. You are anti labor/unions when they gave you everything you have today. Days off, sick days, vacation days, maternaty leave, workers rights, workers safety, healthcare, raises.

Just like you will still vote for McCain even though he has fucked you in the ass 80% of the time.

So you got fucked by the GOP in the service and you will get fucked by them when you come back to civilian life.

How many vets have to live under a bridge before you realize bush fucked you guys over?

How many PTSD cases need to be denied and end up hurting themselves or others.

Man, you right wingers are stubborn. No matter how hard they put it in your ass, you insist it feels good.

I'm still in.

Counter Questions:

1. Why do you think we gave so much to Obama? 6 out of every 1 soldiers must have been worried about McCain being Commander, and that must have something to do with Bush's leadership, huh?

2. Weren't you scared Obama was going to win? Wasn't that enough to give $ to McCain?

3. I wish I could wave a magic wand and exclude you from all the liberal benefits that will be coming your way via Obama.

Just like you right wing idiots. You are anti labor/unions when they gave you everything you have today. Days off, sick days, vacation days, maternaty leave, workers rights, workers safety, healthcare, raises.

Just like you will still vote for McCain even though he has fucked you in the ass 80% of the time.

So you got fucked by the GOP in the service and you will get fucked by them when you come back to civilian life.

How many vets have to live under a bridge before you realize bush fucked you guys over?

Man, you right wingers are stubborn. No matter how hard they put it in your ass, you insist it feels good.

you're an idiot, and you still haven't shown any proof that "six out of every one soldiers" voted for obama.

adjust your meds.

again.

I'm still in.

Counter Questions:

you're an idiot, and you still haven't shown any proof that "six out of every one soldiers" voted for obama.

adjust your meds.

again.

He's an idiot?....reread your last reply and do the math.

Forum List

Back