Troops killed in Niger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Oct 4, 2017.

1. CowboyTed

CowboyTed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,003
    Hang on... No one is bitching about it and no one is blaming Tump... This one isn't actually on him, this is the cost of securing our countries from Boko Haram and loose Uranium worldwide...

Is there any chance you could not make this a red v blue issue and make it a American issue...

2. my2¢

my2¢ So it goes. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,761
    My father-in-law was a Green Beret and so these deaths especially hit home with my wife. As for me it'll register a bit more once the names, home towns, ages and pictures of those killed are released. Expect I'll be saying 'oh so young' but right now I'm mostly thinking about the heartbreak their families are going through.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,822
    Too many attack the issue over red versus blue.........if you aren't in that mode then I stand corrected. The world is at War with Radical Islam and this is the fight in Africa.........It is not isolated to just Nigeria......

If you want to add in protecting Uranium from these groups that could use it primitively for dirty bombs then I agree with protecting it.

We have training forces over there and we are not the only country doing so.........In this way these countries can hopefully fight these groups without needing our support one day..........this fight is Global..........not just in the Middle East.

4. CowboyTed

CowboyTed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,003
    Yes, I did... Why are you taking offense when none is given... Boko Haram aren't close to there size and strength they were a few years ago but they have to be watched...

But lets be specific Boko Haram are not a direct threat to the US, loose Uranium is...

5. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,204
  6. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,204
    Yes, dumbass, 3 of the US' finest were killed in an Ambush while conducting training in Nigeria because Trump is a weak president.

:rolleyes: Good God....

7. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,204
    This is not an attack or a criticism, just a 'point of view' statement / correction, if you will, from one, who until recently, has 'been there / done that'...

We do not have 'training forces' there. We have 'forces who train'. It may not sound like a big deal, but it is - especially to those who do it and 'brothers in arms' in the military.

These 3 soldiers were Green Berets - Special Forces, some of the best, and they were conducting training - which was / is their current mission - when the attack happened.

The OP asked if anyone knew we had troops there. I would venture to guess that the vast majority of Americans, who wake up everyday and go about their routine of living life and trying to make a living for their families, have no real clue about what is going on and where we have people. That specific AOR - Area of Operations - is called the 'HOA', or Horn of Africa, and we have had people there for quite a while - just 'FYI'.

8. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,822
    I put up a link to nearly the same.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. pinqy

pinqy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    I only heard about the 3 killed in Niger. When did these deaths in Nigeria occur?

10. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,204
    Typo - my bad. Thanks for the catch.

Back in May, however, the U.S, Africa Command reported that A U.S. service member has been killed in Somalia (40 miles west of the capital, Mogadishu) in an operation against the militant group al-Shabab.
    - U.S. Special Operations member killed in Somalia terror raid, Pentagon says