Troops begin combat operations in New Orleans

Kathianne said:
No doubt I'm jumping in middle of something. I just want to note that since the Army has taken over LA problem and Marine's MS, there has been a noted decline in problems. Once again, the military shines.
Yeah but don't tell that to the liberazis. They are convinced that this is all GWs fault. I'm ready to whoop up on the amount of time it took to get rolling, but realistically there is enough blame to go around. When all parties begin to eat of the shit sanwich, none will starve.

pegwinn said:
Heh. I was with 3dLAV's. We went up and ended up coming back since the locals and grunts had it under control. On one occasion I noted an LAV25 tracking a ganbanger car. Amazing that the car skedaddled out quickly. Yeah privates are gullible. Ax qual anyone?

Go down to the company office and bring me back a grid square. :rotflmao:

It screwed up on me once. I sent this boot to supply for a T-R-double E. An hour later I get this call from a rock Cpl supply clerk...... "Sgt, I've looked everywhere and I can't find no T-R-double E ....."

GunnyL said:
Go down to the company office and bring me back a grid square. :rotflmao:

It screwed up on me once. I sent this boot to supply for a T-R-double E. An hour later I get this call from a rock Cpl supply clerk...... "Sgt, I've looked everywhere and I can't find no T-R-double E ....."

About two months before I retired one of the comm kids came over and told me he'd been sent by his Gunny (the Comm Chief) directly to speak to me in order to repair a PRC-E8. Two of my Gunnies fell about the area laughing. I (with a straight face) sent him back to the comm chief with instructions to properly complete an ID-10-T card.

Such fun today may be construed as hazing........ pity

pegwinn said:
About two months before I retired one of the comm kids came over and told me he'd been sent by his Gunny (the Comm Chief) directly to speak to me in order to repair a PRC-E8. Two of my Gunnies fell about the area laughing. I (with a straight face) sent him back to the comm chief with instructions to properly complete an ID-10-T card.

Such fun today may be construed as hazing........ pity

Oh for sure. You should have seen the watered down version of the Shellback ceremony on my last deployment. Absolutely pathetic and in no way compared to when I got mine in the early 80s. Gradechoolers have it worse on the playground.

GunnyL said:
Oh for sure. You should have seen the watered down version of the Shellback ceremony on my last deployment. Absolutely pathetic and in no way compared to when I got mine in the early 80s. Gradechoolers have it worse on the playground.

Never did the shellback thing. Unless we crossed and didn't tell anyone. Heard about it. Another fine tradition from our friends in the Navy is that the Chiefs initiation has been realigned. I once wrote in an HM1's log that he was "loitering about the area and stealing coffee and generally looking like juan valdez". Poor guy was made to drink a pint of whole cream to pay off the sin.

Don't know about Y2K+5 but as of June of 03, the STA Indoc was intact. The recon indoc was intact. And the MCCRE Hike is still 26miles in 8 hours.

Man, you jarheads are such badasses!

On a side note, one of my kids was sent down to NO last Friday nite. He just got back from Iraq 6 mos ago. Anyway, I got to talk to him last night. He is providing security (read leading a 5 man patrol) and indicates things have gotten fairly quiet since they got there Saturday morning...at least in his sector. Most of the folks are glad to see them though many refuse to be evacuated. I found it interesting that they had no place to house the troops when they first got there...they slept under the stars on the tarmac. No big deal, but people forget that unless you want the troops needing rescue too then you better provide for them so they can do what they need to do.

CSM said:

On a side note, one of my kids was sent down to NO last Friday nite. He just got back from Iraq 6 mos ago. Anyway, I got to talk to him last night. He is providing security (read leading a 5 man patrol) and indicates things have gotten fairly quiet since they got there Saturday morning...at least in his sector. Most of the folks are glad to see them though many refuse to be evacuated. I found it interesting that they had no place to house the troops when they first got there...they slept under the stars on the tarmac. No big deal, but people forget that unless you want the troops needing rescue too then you better provide for them so they can do what they need to do.

Best wishes to the young Soldier. Did they get extra shots to deal with the polluted water they are likely wading thru? Hate needles but I'd get in line for preventatives.

CSM said:

I'd rather be a troop needing rescue than a gang member!

Seriously though, what does it say that we have to send combat troops to sweep and clear one of our own cities?

It says our country is destryoed.

Mission: Failure

let's all move out of the country. I loved it in the Corps in Japan. what a beautiful land. such peace loving people. my wife are talking about moving.

move_right said:
It says our country is destryoed.

Mission: Failure

let's all move out of the country. I loved it in the Corps in Japan. what a beautiful land. such peace loving people. my wife are talking about moving.

What it's saying is this liberal molly-coddling of the leeches on our society needs to end. One thing NO showed us, is that stripped of the society they hide within, the vermin that are romanticized by Hollywood, and excused for their actions due to various stupid excuses by the left, are just scared little rats too afraid to leave their ugly little holes. ALl they know is hate ... hence .... the attacks on those trying to help.

They need to go.

pegwinn said:
Best wishes to the young Soldier. Did they get extra shots to deal with the polluted water they are likely wading thru? Hate needles but I'd get in line for preventatives.
Them poor guys had so many needles stuck in em they felt like porrcupines (hedgehogs for you southerners). Talked to em again last night and they said the water appears to be going down...some of them are hunting for bodies now; I guess their main concern is that folks drowned in their attics

Forum List

Back