Troops Abroad Terrified Of Possible Kerry Presidency

ouch, ouch and ouch.

everyday i work out at the gym onbase... i see about 60% of the people cringing when kerry comes on the tv (you can watch tv on an lcd screen and run the treadmill, i know i'm easily amused,sorry). i see about 40% of the people cringing when bush comes on tv.

we've had fights underway over this, and trust me, the overwhelming majority of people (at least out of my 5,500 i serve with underway) are not all bush fans. i count eleven people in my workcenter of 25 as democrats, three of them voted for bush in 2000 and are now voting kerry.

the same is true with iraq and afghanistan from what i hear from friends who serve. there is a feeling among a minority (not the majority) that bush's people really "f'ed up the post-war effort (and i think they have, but i hold the cabinet responsible, not bush) and they want to punish bush for allowing it to happen.

the majority of troops/sailors/marines are republicans and pro-bush (i was appalled at kerry's conduct in calling the Iraqi PM a puppet and argued for hours with my boss about this). but a growing number of the minority who are either apolitical or are anti-bush are going democratic.

most of us are not terrified of bush or kerry. we're terrified of the budget two years from now, and how the hell either man is going to pay for all the financial mess we're making now. and for those of us not in iraq, we're terrified for the guys over there. seeing those guys/gals dealing with suicide bombings, rocket attacks and seeing children and old women get blown up by islamic facists makes our jobs and efforts seem childlike.

yea we did churn out ol kerry

ouch

i forgot to add... in the last few weeks as kerry has pummelled the efforts in iraq and called the leader there a puppet, MORE people are getting worried that he would pull us out and make all this we've sacrificed worthless... and that would be a national tragedy beyond vietnam perhaps

NATO AIR said:

ouch

i forgot to add... in the last few weeks as kerry has pummelled the efforts in iraq and called the leader there a puppet, MORE people are getting worried that he would pull us out and make all this we've sacrificed worthless... and that would be a national tragedy beyond vietnam perhaps

Democrat foreign policy:

Throw a half-assed, feel-good gesture at the problem, grab the photo-op, and high-tail it back to the golf course.

No wonder Bin-Laden thought we were ripe for the taking.

NATO AIR said:

ouch

Right on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2guns:

Pulling out would show the world one thing; make it tuff on Americans, and they put their tails between their legs and run.

SORRY, THIS IS NOT THE AMERICA I KNOW AND LOVE !!!!

Forum List

Back